Includes 17 Steam Achievements
Title: Death by Game Show
Genre: , ,
Developer:
Release Date: 22 Jan, 2016
Buy Death by Game Show
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
The Death by Game Show $50 competition has ended and a winner has been found.
Congratulations RA2Lover.
You have won our first $50 Amazon or Steam wallet fund top up competition for earning more than $1,000,000,000 in Death by Game Show.
Congratulations and take care.
Sadly, due to a lack of popularity in the competition we're not sure whether to continue.
Please upvote or downvote this announcement to let us know your thoughts.
Thank you.
We have now added Polish to our Steam Workshop!
This means you can now enjoy the game in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian and Polish.
You can also win a $50 Amazon or Steam Gift Card. This competition is open to all territories and ends on July 8th.
There are three ways to enter:
Earn more than $1,000,000,000 in game.
Have 5x Ninja Droids simultaneously (complete the achievement Ninja Hoarding)
Create a custom level, custom text pack or custom sprite pack and share it via the workshop.
To access these language packs just head to the Death by Game Show Community Hub, click on Workshop and check out the Languages section to subscribe.
“Never-ending piles of comedy, puns, and style make this an easy recommendation to fans of Swords and Soldiers.”
YAY! –
“...it is just really fun to play...”
8/10 –
“Death by Game Show should earn a spot at the top of your wish list.”
88/100 –
About This Game
Welcome to Death by Game Show. A game of pop culture, decision making chaos and hidden parodies starring U.H.Wutt. A lead-footed tub of goo sentenced to rehabilitation in a time of droid tyranny and human ignorance.
Become the smarts behind Wutt’s rehabilitation, or as the fine print calls it “kidnap-come-illegal-trial-leading-to-banishment-and-death-sentence”. Fight back against the tyranny, free the minds of humanity and find freedom-for-all!
Twitch Strategy - Death by Game Show puts survival and success into your own hands. It’s not about power but how resourceful and reactive you can be.
Can you think your way to victory?
The Learning Curve - Anyone can spawn a droid but can you do it while grabbing coins? ...placing buildings? ...spinning for loot? ...dodging attacks? Can you react decisively and win?
Customization - You can modify the game’s text, give the droids a paint job and build your own levels. Can you make and share the best via the workshop and win a prize?
Story delivery - In Death by Game Show the story is told through short social exchanges, battlecries and hidden messages. Can you cut through the BS and find the truth?
Satire - Death by Game Show is about fictional characters, in a fictional show within a fictional universe based on our satirical view of modern day life. Meanings, metaphors and parodies are everywhere but will you spot them?
Death by Game Show is still very much being refined and improved. Reach out to us via the discussions as we take all constructive criticism seriously.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core Processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics Card with 512MB RAM
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 500 MB available space
Minimum:
Minimum:
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Very Positive
(62 reviews)
Product received for free
Death by Game Show is a strategy game that relies on pushing the enemy lines to reach your goal which changes depending on the level as does the playstyle. There's also buildings so it makes it feel a lot like a Tower Defense game. The artstyle is pleasing and reminiscent of Battle Block Theatre.&I'd give it a 7/10&Pros: artstyle, humor and references, replayability and competitiveness(feels good to collect all that cash), spinner with random rewards, achievements, cards&Cons: no way I know of to skip announcer, there's no jumping so you rely solely on the pushing of the lane to get the cash(won't matter unless you want those highscores), the robot control/calling doesn't work so well, some missions are a bit harder to understand/find a way to complete it, some memes get a bit annoyingOverall it's not a bad game and I've had my share of fun with it. I'd recommend it even at full price.
★ PresentationDeath by Game Show puts a twist on defense and strategy games. While the difficulty ranges from Easy to Please Kill me Now, any part is fun to play and satisfying when you finish itits a parody of reality shows, but with robots and over intelligent guy who happens to be the main character. He's to intelligent that he has to go for rehabilitation. Which will on us to stop that.The developers clearly cared for this game.★ GameplayThe beginning wasn't complicated, level 1 was a sort of tutorial. From my viewpoint, level 5 is where the challenge begins. Something I didn't find amusing was the quantity of information the developers provided on the screen and there wasn't any pause button to read everything another time, so you'd have to be quick in understanding this game properly. It's easier to understand to unlock the various powers and achievements, but difficult to get all the money! As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder, and your buddy (G.I.M.P.'s energy meter) also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids.Throughout levels you build up a spinner, which hold either power-ups or extra cash.Upon completing a level, you get rewards (power-ups or buildings) to use in other levels.★ RatingProsPretty nice 2D graphics and nice texturesPretty good SFX and soundtrackFun and challenging gameplayMany types of units and buildingsMany levels to combat (around 50)The ability to construct buildingsThe ability to spawn your own unitsIntegrated in-game level editorWitty and commical writingAlmost everything is customizableSteam trading cards and achievementsConsNot much variation to background and the tune becomes annoying after a while.Difficulty of levels.Gets repetitve after a while.Could use some gameplay tweaks.
MUSIC (TUNES)
SOUND EFFECTS
OVERALL RATING: 7/10For more reviews on a wide range of games, go and follow
curator group .
Death by Game show is inspired by the great movie Idiocracy but goes beyond. A blend of strategy and twitch-based genres, baptized as “Twitch-Strategy” by the developers, and as such it might not be that normal tower defense and strategy game that one would expect. Forget about defeating waves of enemies on a single map with fixed building spots and upgrades, instead, embrace your limited freedom and walk freely on the map, trying to survive by strategically spawning droids and placing structures within a limited time.PresentationThe game has a cartoonish 2D style with a unique feel to it. The focus lies on a futuristic look while keeping it as a tribute to those old game shows, maybe a bit too detailed which make it look messy, with too much going on, like the billboards filling the background of the battlefield
sadly there is not enough time to read them all, but the effect is still there.The audio is very simplistic and yet very fitting, but sadly there isn't much variation in it, therefore it looses some attractiveness and might get irritating in a longer game run, considering that the soundtrack is pretty much the same as it fits the the theme perfectly.As it a more casual game there is not very much voice acting going on. The lines are brought in an attempt to sound stupid and funny, but in the end the humorous might not get appreciated by all players and a bunch of references might go by unnoticed with the younger players.PlotThe story plays in the future where robots dominate the human race. The player plays the role of U.H. Wutt. A typical fat nerdy human who is too smart according the droids and is sentenced to death because of it. The 'truth' about it all, is slowly reveal with the messages on the boards, the cries heard in the battle and many other elements in the background. The story also packs some parodies, references and puns from cult classics, but most of them can easily be missed by younger players, while olders might find it overdone. At the end, the story seems to disappear along the gameplay rather fast.GameplayThe first level sort of acts like a tutorial but still leaves an aftertaste of confusion. A lacking of &how to& or a the function of replay the tutorial makes the game confusing at times and might force the player to replay certain levels before realizing what needs to be done.As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder, and your buddy (a chained mobile factory or G.I.M.P., standing for Gameshow Intimidation Machine of Pwnage) also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids.The has a simple premise which consist in each level Wutt getting transported to a planet, then he needs to accomplish some goals before getting on a rescue ship. The ultimate goal is always to survive until the timer runs out. Even though the field is small and is side scrolling, the space above is filled with flying enemies and sinking coins that Wutt will use to grab with his equipped hook.Killing enemies, grabbing coins and getting upgrades while text balloons with
dying re-adjusting and repeating is all what will be left of the strategy as the levels get harder and faster. The game has particular power-ups available through spinning the wheel, but they are so far and in-between, you’ll never have enough. It would be great if the money could be used to buy more units. But that is unfortunately not possible.ReplayabilityThe challenges or levels have a high replay value. In fact the more it gets replayed, the fun factor rises together with the understanding and goal of that level. None the less, for certain gamers it could get repetitive, while others might quit or get bored with the string of dying and restarting due to the difficulty spikes in some levels.Adding to the replayability value, the levels do not only have a difficulty setting, which is easily changed by a slider, but the also provides a in-game level editor, as well as different languages packs, custom sprites and levels in the Steam Workshop.ConclusionDeath by Game Show is a fun casual game filled with tons of humor and a unique style based on a great idea. Definitely can be addictive if not for the uncertainty of what to do. It is perfect for getting a few minutes of strategy and overall fun but might not be for everyone. If the kinks get worked out, it just might become one of those games you just need to play if you are fan of the hard challenges.This game has been given away in
Nice gameseems to be Very simplebut is very Complex!!!Is not for a common eventual prospective playerbecause requires your attention and you care for finish the levels.Nice Sounds and music, Good story, a cheerful and good-humored game!thanks
Basic InformationTitle: Death by Game ShowGenres: Action, Indie & Strategy
Developer: OointahPublisher: UltraShock Gaming Release Date: The 22nd of January, 2016General ImpressionDeath by Game Show is a pretty good combination of the action, indie and strategy genres. The graphics are well-designed for a two-dimensional game, pretty much basically cartoonish, but they are well detailed, fitting the game perfectly. The textures are pretty good as well, they are pretty detailed. The atmosphere takes place on Terra and in the Solar System, and basically on Terra you are on a stage where there is a show-designer, cameramen and random units around. In the Solar System, you will be sent on different planets with a rocket, and then released on the planet where you need to accomplish various objectives, differing from mission to mission. The audio is pretty nice, all of the sounds are well-optimized, as well as the soundtrack being great and funny. The gameplay is about a human who needs to fight the enemy droids with his friendly droids, which are being spawned by his buddy, which looks like a smiley locker. As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder and harder, and your buddy also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids. The story happens in the 26th century, and the show-designer keeps the story alive, until the end of the game. The controls are alright, there isn’t anything wrong with them. The engines are alright as well, I haven’t met any bugs, crashes, screen freezes or frame drops. This game works even with low-performant computers, as the store page says, making it accessible to any gamer. The mechanics are pretty nice, the enemies and buildings drop nicely when getting destroyed, and everything moves pretty good.Positive Points Pretty nice 2D graphics and nice textures Pretty good SFX and soundtrack Fun and challenging gameplay Many types of units and buildings Many levels to combat (around 50) The ability to construct buildings The ability to spawn your own units Integrated in-game level editor Steam trading cards and achievementsNeutral Points The difficulty gets a bit too hard too early The area of fighting could be a little longer probablyA multiplayer option would
be a great featureNegative Points It gets a little confusing from time to time Too much background text displayed around the maps It could get repetitive for certain gamers sometimesGeneral Ratings Feature Rating Graphics 78/100 Atmosphere 72/100 Audio 80/100 Music 82/100 Gameplay 76/100 Story 78/100 Content Quality 75/100 Content Quantity 72/100 User Interface 70/100 Controls 85/100 Engines 85/100 Mechanics 80/100 Price Tag 88/100 Personal Rating 79/100
The basic information about this game:Name: Death by Game ShowPublished by: OointahReleased by: UltraShock GamingDate of release: 22 January 2016Gameplay:The gameplay was at first not smooth, but if you go to settings and choose your own graphics and stuff, it's fixed and then it's very smooth! You play as a funny fat character with a hook that looks like the portal gun, and the physics gun. What does it do? I'm telling that later. But you are in a world that looks like another universe, and you are there the only human, you must do a bunch of funny mini-games, DON'T think that they are easy, they begin easy, but later they aren't that easy! If you gonna click on play, first there opens a red canvas, and then there is a kind of weird robot which is talking to you and is making jokes/puns, then you can start a mini-game. A rocket brings you to the place, and there are you: Such a random guy with a hook. NOW I gonna tell about that hook, it's for if you kill the evil bots that try to kill YOU. If they die, you get a coin or an item, and you can grab it with your hook, you need to do that, so you can fill a power-meter that gives you nice power-ups! Well, what to do in the game, it's a kind like a tower defence, so you must defend your place and spawn you OWN bots to fight with the evil ones. There are other missions too, you have uhm, defend your place, do the task you get, don't die, and a much more tasks. It was a really funny game, a little bit difficult to know what to do if you play it for the first time. I thought that you must do something with the hook, so I shoot the hook at the enemies, but nothing happened, because it's only for coins, power-ups, etc. I had to spawn my own bots, but I didn't knew that hahaha, so for me it was a little bit boring in the begin, but when I knew how to play it, I played it very long and enjoyed playing this game. I haven't encountered a fault or bug or glitch at all! So this game was for me a little bit special...Conclusion:A very nice game, I think it's for the guys who really enjoy playing tower defence games quite much funnier! On the trade forum is not that much of activity now, but it’s coming! I'm also not that guy that plays tower defence games, but this one was fun, it was also a great experience to try a new game like this one, now I gonna give this game a rating, I'll give this game: 7,5 - 10. That's quite high, because I really liked it! Well, this was my review about this cool game! I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Short ReviewDeath by Game Show is a great, challenging, fun game with really interesting ideas.Longer ReviewDeath by Game Show puts a twist on defense and strategy games. While the difficulty ranges from Easy to Please Kill me Now, any part is fun to play and satisfying when you finish. The developers clearly cared for this game.The graphics are absolutely AMAZING! A lot of effort was put into them.The references are OFF THE CHARTS! This game is filled to the BRIM with them! They're sure to make you laugh!ProsGreat GraphicsFun GameplayStraightforward Story that is Sure to be Easy to UnderstandReferencesSeveral, Several, LevelsConsZero. Zip. Nada. No.Would I recommend this game? Totally. Great for any gamer! It's sure to increase your strategic thinking!
Fantastic game.This is an essential game for anyone's library.It mixes a few genres to create a really addictive gameplay with fantastic style.I'm really enjoying this and looking forward to continuing to play.
what a nice game!so well explained, addictive and funis like a Strategy RTS mixed with tower defense and Platform,but with some puzzle spice added... just an Unique style and with great develpment.I played just some levels and I want to finish them for save the as% of Wutt, that fat boy that stole my heartDIE DROIDS DIE!
I've followed this game since it was Greenlit, and it hasn't disappointed! Wonderful action strategy game with cartoon graphics and a Monty Python/Futurama sense of humour. The graphics in particular evoke memories as a kid of the Beano style comic annuals I used to read. Love the sound effects, especially ones that remind me of famous movie lines.The gameplay is quick and action-packed, but still incorporates a degree of strategy and puzzle-solving so that you're rewarded for that
&just one more go& way of approaching this. Tremendously satisfying!I hope to see more games like this in the future: polished, lovely artwork, sound and humourous, but not sacrificing gameplay in any way. I just hope there's a sequel in the pipeline!!
Death by Game Show is a strategy game that relies on pushing the enemy lines to reach your goal which changes depending on the level as does the playstyle. There's also buildings so it makes it feel a lot like a Tower Defense game. The artstyle is pleasing and reminiscent of Battle Block Theatre.&I'd give it a 7/10&Pros: artstyle, humor and references, replayability and competitiveness(feels good to collect all that cash), spinner with random rewards, achievements, cards&Cons: no way I know of to skip announcer, there's no jumping so you rely solely on the pushing of the lane to get the cash(won't matter unless you want those highscores), the robot control/calling doesn't work so well, some missions are a bit harder to understand/find a way to complete it, some memes get a bit annoyingOverall it's not a bad game and I've had my share of fun with it. I'd recommend it even at full price.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
Death by Game show is inspired by the great movie Idiocracy but goes beyond. A blend of strategy and twitch-based genres, baptized as “Twitch-Strategy” by the developers, and as such it might not be that normal tower defense and strategy game that one would expect. Forget about defeating waves of enemies on a single map with fixed building spots and upgrades, instead, embrace your limited freedom and walk freely on the map, trying to survive by strategically spawning droids and placing structures within a limited time.PresentationThe game has a cartoonish 2D style with a unique feel to it. The focus lies on a futuristic look while keeping it as a tribute to those old game shows, maybe a bit too detailed which make it look messy, with too much going on, like the billboards filling the background of the battlefield
sadly there is not enough time to read them all, but the effect is still there.The audio is very simplistic and yet very fitting, but sadly there isn't much variation in it, therefore it looses some attractiveness and might get irritating in a longer game run, considering that the soundtrack is pretty much the same as it fits the the theme perfectly.As it a more casual game there is not very much voice acting going on. The lines are brought in an attempt to sound stupid and funny, but in the end the humorous might not get appreciated by all players and a bunch of references might go by unnoticed with the younger players.PlotThe story plays in the future where robots dominate the human race. The player plays the role of U.H. Wutt. A typical fat nerdy human who is too smart according the droids and is sentenced to death because of it. The 'truth' about it all, is slowly reveal with the messages on the boards, the cries heard in the battle and many other elements in the background. The story also packs some parodies, references and puns from cult classics, but most of them can easily be missed by younger players, while olders might find it overdone. At the end, the story seems to disappear along the gameplay rather fast.GameplayThe first level sort of acts like a tutorial but still leaves an aftertaste of confusion. A lacking of &how to& or a the function of replay the tutorial makes the game confusing at times and might force the player to replay certain levels before realizing what needs to be done.As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder, and your buddy (a chained mobile factory or G.I.M.P., standing for Gameshow Intimidation Machine of Pwnage) also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids.The has a simple premise which consist in each level Wutt getting transported to a planet, then he needs to accomplish some goals before getting on a rescue ship. The ultimate goal is always to survive until the timer runs out. Even though the field is small and is side scrolling, the space above is filled with flying enemies and sinking coins that Wutt will use to grab with his equipped hook.Killing enemies, grabbing coins and getting upgrades while text balloons with
dying re-adjusting and repeating is all what will be left of the strategy as the levels get harder and faster. The game has particular power-ups available through spinning the wheel, but they are so far and in-between, you’ll never have enough. It would be great if the money could be used to buy more units. But that is unfortunately not possible.ReplayabilityThe challenges or levels have a high replay value. In fact the more it gets replayed, the fun factor rises together with the understanding and goal of that level. None the less, for certain gamers it could get repetitive, while others might quit or get bored with the string of dying and restarting due to the difficulty spikes in some levels.Adding to the replayability value, the levels do not only have a difficulty setting, which is easily changed by a slider, but the also provides a in-game level editor, as well as different languages packs, custom sprites and levels in the Steam Workshop.ConclusionDeath by Game Show is a fun casual game filled with tons of humor and a unique style based on a great idea. Definitely can be addictive if not for the uncertainty of what to do. It is perfect for getting a few minutes of strategy and overall fun but might not be for everyone. If the kinks get worked out, it just might become one of those games you just need to play if you are fan of the hard challenges.This game has been given away in
Was this review helpful?
★ PresentationDeath by Game Show puts a twist on defense and strategy games. While the difficulty ranges from Easy to Please Kill me Now, any part is fun to play and satisfying when you finish itits a parody of reality shows, but with robots and over intelligent guy who happens to be the main character. He's to intelligent that he has to go for rehabilitation. Which will on us to stop that.The developers clearly cared for this game.★ GameplayThe beginning wasn't complicated, level 1 was a sort of tutorial. From my viewpoint, level 5 is where the challenge begins. Something I didn't find amusing was the quantity of information the developers provided on the screen and there wasn't any pause button to read everything another time, so you'd have to be quick in understanding this game properly. It's easier to understand to unlock the various powers and achievements, but difficult to get all the money! As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder, and your buddy (G.I.M.P.'s energy meter) also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids.Throughout levels you build up a spinner, which hold either power-ups or extra cash.Upon completing a level, you get rewards (power-ups or buildings) to use in other levels.★ RatingProsPretty nice 2D graphics and nice texturesPretty good SFX and soundtrackFun and challenging gameplayMany types of units and buildingsMany levels to combat (around 50)The ability to construct buildingsThe ability to spawn your own unitsIntegrated in-game level editorWitty and commical writingAlmost everything is customizableSteam trading cards and achievementsConsNot much variation to background and the tune becomes annoying after a while.Difficulty of levels.Gets repetitve after a while.Could use some gameplay tweaks.
MUSIC (TUNES)
SOUND EFFECTS
OVERALL RATING: 7/10For more reviews on a wide range of games, go and follow
curator group .
Was this review helpful?
Basic InformationTitle: Death by Game ShowGenres: Action, Indie & Strategy
Developer: OointahPublisher: UltraShock Gaming Release Date: The 22nd of January, 2016General ImpressionDeath by Game Show is a pretty good combination of the action, indie and strategy genres. The graphics are well-designed for a two-dimensional game, pretty much basically cartoonish, but they are well detailed, fitting the game perfectly. The textures are pretty good as well, they are pretty detailed. The atmosphere takes place on Terra and in the Solar System, and basically on Terra you are on a stage where there is a show-designer, cameramen and random units around. In the Solar System, you will be sent on different planets with a rocket, and then released on the planet where you need to accomplish various objectives, differing from mission to mission. The audio is pretty nice, all of the sounds are well-optimized, as well as the soundtrack being great and funny. The gameplay is about a human who needs to fight the enemy droids with his friendly droids, which are being spawned by his buddy, which looks like a smiley locker. As the game will progress, the gameplay will only be getting harder and harder, and your buddy also has an energy bar, which needs to recharge if you spawned too many droids in a short time. You also must place buildings around the map, which will help with defeating the enemy droids, but some will help by generating other friendly droids. The story happens in the 26th century, and the show-designer keeps the story alive, until the end of the game. The controls are alright, there isn’t anything wrong with them. The engines are alright as well, I haven’t met any bugs, crashes, screen freezes or frame drops. This game works even with low-performant computers, as the store page says, making it accessible to any gamer. The mechanics are pretty nice, the enemies and buildings drop nicely when getting destroyed, and everything moves pretty good.Positive Points Pretty nice 2D graphics and nice textures Pretty good SFX and soundtrack Fun and challenging gameplay Many types of units and buildings Many levels to combat (around 50) The ability to construct buildings The ability to spawn your own units Integrated in-game level editor Steam trading cards and achievementsNeutral Points The difficulty gets a bit too hard too early The area of fighting could be a little longer probablyA multiplayer option would
be a great featureNegative Points It gets a little confusing from time to time Too much background text displayed around the maps It could get repetitive for certain gamers sometimesGeneral Ratings Feature Rating Graphics 78/100 Atmosphere 72/100 Audio 80/100 Music 82/100 Gameplay 76/100 Story 78/100 Content Quality 75/100 Content Quantity 72/100 User Interface 70/100 Controls 85/100 Engines 85/100 Mechanics 80/100 Price Tag 88/100 Personal Rating 79/100
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
Death by Game Show is a 2D strategy- type of a indie tower defense game. Game is based in 26th century where apparently everyone else is stupid and our hero is way too smart and is therefor sentenced to rehabilitation. Rehabilitation turns out to be a TV-show where audience awaits your death and the main idea of the game is to avoid dying.Right from the beginning I found the graphics really appealing for an indie game, lacking only the differences between two of a kind of robots or buildings. Every explosion and critical hit is presented in a comic book- way which adds a nice little touch with matched sound effects. The one and only background tune that is constantly playing, however, quickly becomes annoying and you start wishing for any Justin Bieber song instead. Extra points for the Big Arnie's &Get to da choppa!& phrase, always could be more of these!The death match happens on a circular planet- map between two electric fences where you will have to use strategic skills and planning in a strategic view in order to destroy enemy robots and buildings, as there is never enough time nor energy. You spawn the robots by pressing keys 1 - 0 on your keyboard and build the buildings as well as use the boosters with your mouse, which sometimes didn't respond correctly to my actions.Game is fun for the first 40 minutes where you finish the tutorial and do some of the easy levels of the game. I found it hard to follow the instructions since there were a lot of text content on the screen, but after 5 minutes of playing you get used to the excess signs between every inch of the screen.After 40 minutes of playing, game becomes grinding hell where you need to run previous levels multiple times to buy yourself a good amount of boosters and buildings to finally pass the next round. Level 14 alone took me 40 minutes to pass, even with 0% difficulty slider - which I think is way too long for an indie game that has 50 levels, with even harder achievements.JudgmentAfter a few level optimizations should become greater than Fallout Shelter! Game is totally worth its price.PLUSSES AND MINUSES:- difficulty of levels- background tune becomes annoying after a while- becomes grinding in terms of replaying+ many levels+ achievements and trading cards on Steam+ random comments such as &Get to da choppa!&+ hours of funGRAPHICS7MUSIC (TUNE)5CONTROLS8SOUND EFFECTS6STORY7OVERALL RATE:
Was this review helpful?
This game is good but almost gets unbeatable by the 9th stage for me. Seeing as how there are no walkthroughs out yet I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The reason I would recomend is because you can tell they put alot of effort in this game and it's not their fault I suck.
Was this review helpful?
Short ReviewDeath by Game Show is a great, challenging, fun game with really interesting ideas.Longer ReviewDeath by Game Show puts a twist on defense and strategy games. While the difficulty ranges from Easy to Please Kill me Now, any part is fun to play and satisfying when you finish. The developers clearly cared for this game.The graphics are absolutely AMAZING! A lot of effort was put into them.The references are OFF THE CHARTS! This game is filled to the BRIM with them! They're sure to make you laugh!ProsGreat GraphicsFun GameplayStraightforward Story that is Sure to be Easy to UnderstandReferencesSeveral, Several, LevelsConsZero. Zip. Nada. No.Would I recommend this game? Totally. Great for any gamer! It's sure to increase your strategic thinking!
Was this review helpful?
Death by Game ShowThis game is awesome! I did not really know what to expect but it really won me over. The game is basically a funny game show where you are a human who is deemed 'too smart' by the robot overlords. You then have to go through a series of challenges all the while building up your money and buying new items to beat the next stages. The humor is more mature in nature so be advised. Not too crass but not for children. The graphics are well done a crisp cartoony look. The sound is great and the little robots that you defeat and the ones you use of your own to defeat them with are funny and charming. After playing this for about 10 minutes I was hooked. The difficulty ramps up around stage 8 or 9 but even in the lower levels the game is just fun to play. I would rate this title an 8 out of 10. Well worth the money and has plenty of replay value.
Was this review helpful?
3 people found this review funny
Death by Game Show ReviewBackground Info:I bought the game on release day, and waited to post this review so I could spend a decent amount of time with it. This is my personal review, not for any company and with no benefits towards myself.Main Game Features:
Strategy/Tower Defense
Game show setting
Place buildings and send droids to win challenges
Asset Creation, Level Editor, and Text Editor.Quick Comparison:This is a very unique game. I honestly haven't found any other game like it (there may be one, but I have not come across it). However, if I had to compare it to something to help someone get a gist of if they'd like it. It would be a mix of Swords & Soldiers and Castlestorm.First Impressions:The first few levels are tutorials. Short and sweet to tell you the controls and get familiar with objectives. However, not the best I've experienced. It does well in explaining the core concepts of the game, but falls short when giving you extra (debatably benificial) such as shortcut keys, which can still be found within the game's &controls& menu in settings. As well as, giving you time to familiarize yourself with the different buildings.Overall Gameplay:
You go through levels, with various objectives, placing buildings and sending out droids. It sounds like an easy concept, but this game very difficult. There is little to no hand holding, and that can be considered good or bad, depending on the type of player you are.
As you play through a level, destroying enemy droids and buildings, coins will fall on the ground and start sinking below the surface. You are equiped with a launch hook (grappling hook) which is used to pick up coins from a distance.
The main goal of every level is to board the rocket and fly back to safety. However, there are various objectives to complete before the rocket arrives. For example, some levels may have you survive a certain amount of time before the rocket lands and you can enter, others may have you collect a certain amount of coin.
When you send out droids, your G.I.M.P.'s energy meter goes down, but does recharge over time. If the charge depletes, G.I.M.P. falls to the ground and your movement is slowed. However, you can still send out droids.
Throughout levels you build up a spinner, which hold either power-ups or extra cash.
Upon completing a level, you get rewards (power-ups or buildings) to use in other levels.Pros and Cons:Pros:
Unique game
Extremely fun to play
Witty and commical writing
Challenging gameplay
Almost everything is customizableCons:
Challenging gameplay
Could use some gameplay tweaksFor The Developers:I know you guys are planning to put out a patch at the end of this week, but I'm still going to go over the game in it's current state.1. Entering a level, the difficulty slider mostly just changes the rate that the enemies come out at, and how much coin is dropped. So if I turn it down to make the game &easier& I feel like I'm also hindering myself because I'm not getting the coin I need to in order to get that objective. My opinion on this is to have the slider also lower the coin needed to pass the objective.1a. For example, I was on a level that required $8,500,000 in order for the rocket to come. If I moved the slider down, I felt it was harder for me to hit that coin mark, because less coin was being dropped.2. I know the hotkeys are there for the droids, but some people may prefer being able to see the coresponding number.2a. For example, Hammie would show a small number one in the bottom left corner.Final Words:Long story short, buy this game. If you're a fan of any strategy and/or tower defense game, you will not regret this purchase. I've mentioned before that the game gets challenging, but on the same note - I'm not a very good player. Having said that, I still really enjoy the game.
Was this review helpful?
Death By GameshowLove the name of the game, Right off the bat it has a Nicely Drawn intro with good music, lots of small humorous moments in the intro, The art style seems original I like it. The coloring of the intro to the first level reminds me of Magic School bus. Well onto the First Level, Not one for signs telling me what to do I went left and died lolI like the stretcher carry away scene as you perish as well. The concept is intresting. The Narators Voice is deep and cool when you die and beat the levels. I didn't see much gameshow connection in the first few levels of playing tho, besides the wheel that comes up to spin. The game is sort of like a tower defence game in the sense that you must survive waves of enemies to be able to beat the level. Wow Come on &Get to the chopper!& super funny Arnold Reference,
sounded almost sampled, if so hope they asked rights and dont get sued lolPlayed through a few more levels (upto 9-3) seems like the same so far with more powers and little homies to help you. Overall this game is interesting, a whole lot less gameshow like and a lot more of just a survival game. Not bad tho.Graphics and music are Great, Gameplay is fun for the most part, but can be challenging.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 vp解除和steam绑定 的文章

随机推荐