Genre: , , , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 2 Jun, 2015
Curse &Best In Show& PAX Prime 2015
GameStar &Best Early Access Game& GameStars 2015
What the developers have to say:
Why Early Access?
&ARK is a huge game, in terms of geographical space, scope of content, features, technology, and just about every other metric. We're a veteran team with some major hits behind our leads, and much of the core challenge is already met, but this is still an ambitious one for us. We want the player community's help to 'evolve' ARK into the dinosaur world game that we've been dreaming about since the days we played with plastic green T-Rex toys during elementary school recess, since we shed a tear to 'The Land Before Time', since we wistfully imagined the towering cities of 'Dinotopia', and since we nearly choked on our popcorn to the thrills of 'Jurassic Park'. We love games, and holy smokes do we ever love dinos (along with all sorts of other extinct creatures/natural sciences), and through interaction and iteration with the ARK's community, we think we have the best shot at creating the be-all, end-all long-term prehistoric universe that we want to live and thrive in. We have a great start, and with your valued input and contributions, we will take it all the way together!&
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
&Approximately 1 year, with a full release planned for June 2016 coinciding with the console versions.&
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
&While we have the foundation of our game at Early Access launch, there are many currently-planned features and content additions we will be adding over the year from EA to full release. Beyond such planned features, will be adding TONS of aspects suggested or iterated on by the community, hence the point of Early Access!
Planned Core Features include, among many other things:
- Mac and Linux versions
- Procedurally Generated ARK's
- 40+ more creatures to reach well over 100, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
- More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
- Gas-powered Vehicles
- Human/Dino Body-Paints
- Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
- More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
- Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
- More item skins, limited run event skins
- More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
- Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
- Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
- More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
- Better SFX, more Music, Better UI's, Better Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts), Better VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)
In addition to zillions of bug fixes, intensive performance improvements, mega iterative polishing, and what have you. The game will sparkle like a shiny diamond before it is considered ready for Full Release, and even then we plan on a long-term post-Release content lifecycle, with specialized ARK's on the drawing board.&
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
&Everything described on the full Features List is in the Early Access version right now -- not all 100% polished, but designed to be fun. Over the next year, the game will be rapidly iterated on with updates usually coming 3 times per week, almost always including new features, balance and polish improvements, and bug fixes. We are extremely fast at development, and will continue to push forward with maximum energy to make the game ever-greater on a daily basis. We live and breath game development, this is what we do.&
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
&Yes, the game will be lower priced through Early Access, relative to its final full-version retail price.&
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
&We will have a Trello roadmap at Early Access launch, as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues, along with a bi-weekly Q&A / Reddit AMA to involve everyone under the sun who wants to give us their 2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be! Essentially we view ARK's Early Access player community as our primary benefactors -- we're making this game to serve you. Join us on the ARK :)&
Buy ARK: Survival Evolved
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what creature it is?
What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what creature it is?
Report bugs and leave feedback for this game on the discussion boards
About This Game
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame & breed the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
The following features are in the game on its Day-1 Early Access release. We have many more aspects and refinements planned for the long-term development roadmap, and here's what you get to experience right now in ARK:
Dinosaurs, Creatures, & Breeding! -- over 60+ currently at Early Access and 100+ planned for final release -- can be tamed using a challenging capture-&-affinity process, involving weakening a feral creature to knock it unconscious, and then nursing it back to health with appropriate food. Once tamed, you can issue commands to your Pet, which it may follow depending on how well you’ve tamed and trained it. Pets, which can continue to level-up and consume food, can also carry Inventory and Equipment such as Armor, carry prey back to your settlement depending on their strength, and larger pets can be ridden and directly controlled! Fly a Pterodactyl over the snow-capped mountains, lift allies over enemy walls, race through the jungle with a pack of Raptors, tromp through an enemy base along a gigantic brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex! Take part in a dynamic ecosystem life-cycle with its own predator & prey hierarchies, where you are just one creature among many species struggling for dominance and survival. Pets can also be mated with the opposite gender, to selectively breed successive generations using a trait system based on recombinant genetic inheritance. This process includes both egg-based incubation and mammalian gestation lifecycles! Or put more simply, breed & raise Dino Babies!
You must eat and drink to survive, with different kinds of plants & meat having different nutritional properties, including human meat. Ensuring a supply of fresh water to your home and inventory is a pressing concern. All physical actions come at a cost of food and water, long-distance travel is fraught with subsistence peril! Inventory weight makes you move slower, and the day/night cycle along with randomized weather patterns add another layer of challenge by altering the temperature of the environment, causing you to hunger or thirst more quickly. Build a fire or shelter, and craft a large variety of customizable clothing & armors, to help protect yourself against locational damage & extreme temperatures using the dynamic indoor/outdoor insulation calculation system!
By chopping down forests full of trees and mining metal and other precious resources, you can craft the parts to build massive multi-leveled structures composed of complex snap-linked parts, including ramps, beams, pillars, windows, doors, gates, remote gates, trapdoors, water pipes, faucets, generators, wires and all manner of electrical devices, and ladders among many other types. Structures have a load system to fall apart if enough support has been destroyed, so reinforcing your buildings is important. All structures and items can be painted to customize the look of your home, as well as placing dynamically per-pixel paintable signs, textual billboards, and other decorative objects. Shelter reduces the extremes of weather and provides security for yourself and your stash! Weapons, clothing & armor gear can also be painted to express your own visual style.
Pick seeds from the wild vegetation around you, plant them in plots that you lay down, water them and nurture them with fertilizer (everything poops after consuming calories, which can then be composted, and some fertilizer is better than others). Tend to your crops and they will grow to produce delicious and rare fruits, which can also be used to cook a plethora of logical recipes and make useful tonics! Explore to find the rarest of plant seeds that have the most powerful properties! Vegetarians & vegans can flourish, and it will be possible to master and conquer the ARK in a non-violent manner!
By bringing sufficient rare sacrificial items to special Summon locations, you can capture the attention of the one of the ARK’s god-like mythical creatures, who will arrive for battle. These gargantuan monstrosities provide an end-game goal for the most experienced groups of players and their armies of pets, and will yield extremely valuable progression items if they are defeated.
Create a Tribe and add your friends to it, and all your Pets can be commanded by and allied to anyone in your Tribe. Your Tribe will also be able to respawn at any of your home spawn points. Promote members to Tribe Admins to reduce the burden of management. Distribute key items and pass-codes to provide access your shared village!
All items are crafted from Blueprints that have variable statistics and qualities, and require corresponding resources. More remote and harsh locales across the ARK tend to have better resources, including the tallest mountains, darkest caves, and depths of the ocean! Level-Up your player character by gaining experience through performance actions, Level-Up your Pets, and learn new &Engrams& to be able to craft Items from memory without the use of blueprints, even if you die! Customize the underlying physical look of your character with hair, eye, and skin tones, along with an array of body proportion modifiers.
Everything you craft has durability and will wear-out from extended use if not repaired, and when you leave the game, your character remains sleeping in the persistent world. Your inventory physically exists in boxes or on your character in the world. Everything can be looted & stolen, so to achieve security you must build-up, team-up, or have pets to guard your stash. Death is permanent, and you can even knock out, capture, and force-feed other players to use them for your own purposes, such as extracting their blood to for transfusions, harvesting their fecal matter to use as fertilizer, or using them as food for your carnivorous pets!
The mysterious ARK is a formidable and imposing environment, composed of many natural and unnatural structures, above-ground, below-ground, and underwater. By fully exploring its secrets, you’ll find the most exotic procedurally randomized creatures and rare blueprints. Also to be found are Explorer Notes that are dynamically updated into the game, written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, creatively detailing the creatures and backstory of the ARK and its creatures. Fully develop your in-game ARK-map through exploration, write custom points of interest onto it, and craft a Compass or GPS coordinates to aid exploring with other players, whom you can communicate with via proximity text & voice chat, or long-distance radio. Construct & draw in-game signs for other players to help them or lead them astray...
And yet.. how do you ultimately challenge the Creators and Conquer the ARK? A definitive end-game is planned.
On the 100+ player servers, your character, everything you built, and your pets, stay in-game even when you leave. You can even physically travel your character and items between the network of ARK's by accessing the Obelisks and uploading (or downloading) your data from the Steam Economy! A galaxy of ARKs, each slightly different than the previous, to leave your mark on and conquer, one at a time -- special official ARKs will be unveiled on
the World-map for limited times in singular themed events with corresponding limited-run items!
You can play single-player local games, and bring your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the game, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor. See how we built our ARK using our maps and assets as an example. Host your own server and configure your ARK precisely to your liking. We want to see what you create!
The over-the-top hyper real imagery of the ARK its creatures is brought to expressive life using a highly-customized Unreal Engine 4, with fully dynamic lighting & global illumination, weather systems (rain, fog, snow, etc) & true-to-life volumetric cloud simulation, and the latest in advanced DirectX11 and DirectX12 rendering techniques. Music by award-winning composer of &Ori and the Blind Forest&, Gareth Coker!
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
Memory: 4000 MB RAM
Graphics: DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 10
Storage: 40000 MB available space
Minimum:
Processor: 2 GHz Equivalent CPU
Graphics: OpenGL 3 Compatible GPU with 1GB Video RAM
Storage: 20000 MB available space
Minimum:
Processor: 2 GHz 64-bit CPU
Graphics: OpenGL 3 Compatible GPU with 1GB Video RAM
Storage: 20000 MB available space
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Mostly Positive
(5,360 reviews)
Mostly Positive
(80,049 reviews)
Early Access Review
This is a 5 star game! Truly amazing!
Early Access Review
Great! so much fun to survive with dino's. Even when a Carnotaurus shreks your thatch base out of no where (T_T)
Early Access Review
Pros:- Beautiful artwork and animations.- Most of the mechanics of the game are extremely fun.- The official alternative game modes are spectacular.- Community workshop content can be hit or miss but it's good that it's there for those who enjoy modding.- The two official maps are vast with tons of well designed nooks and crannies for you to explore.- User interface has become much more advanced and user friendly.- Updates include tons of bug fixes, extra content, and are frequent.- Events hosted by the developers are epic and usually have cash prizes.Cons:- On official servers dinosaur taming times are horrendous (you can work around this by playing unofficial servers that have custom settings, by playing single player, or by hosting your own non-dedicated server).- I feel it's largely a waste of time to play on the official PvP servers if you can't dedicate pretty much all of your spare time to this game, or can get into a really advanced tribe that always has members online.
Early Access Review
First Time:&Wake up on beach near ???? talking spanish fellows&make a hut south of them and try to avoid being killed at much as possible&Find a few other noobs that share a common hate for the spanish fort up the hill&Storm the fort with fists and axes&killed every last one of them and destroyed their beds&two quit playing after that&now i have a cool fort up on a hill
Early Access Review
This is one of the best games I own
Early Access Review
This game sucks terrible framerate and graphics frustrateing online multiplayerGratiutously annoying freinds world joining and over all just frustrating
Early Access Review
Great game played it got to level 35 then got swamp fever which ruins the entire game. Also great team for putting in a gas mask for the fever but wait you have to be level 85 to make that so have fun :D
Early Access Review
A wonderful game allowing you to develop your creativitySingle negativ point: needs to be optimized!
Early Access Review
-Became a black person.-started making a thatch cabin.-got raided.-got shot.-got robbed.-someone put me in a cage.-left me there to rot.-broke free.-thought it would be better for me to stay inside.-bought ARK and am now 97 hours in.
Early Access Review
I would love to give this game a thumbs up, a month after launch I most definately would have. I have over 300 hours in this game and I enjoyed 90% of those hours, if the community is what it was at the launch I would still be playing. The game itself is brilliant, sure it has bugs but its in alpha what to do you expect? My friends and I have had hours of fun on official and unofficial servers. What really made the experience great at launch was the community. Now though the community has decayed to the point where most the players are jerks. No im not talking about raiding, thats part of the game always has been there and will be there. I know what the comments for this will say, &Your just a little ????? who hates raiders and PVP&. If that were the case I would have played PVE. I have been raided more times then I can count, when this happens I either pick myself up and start again or take a break from the game. I have also been the one to do the raiding for any of the mulitude of reason people raid. You used to be able to ask a question in chat without everyone being an ??????? to you. You could also have acess to the resources like metal, now though the alpha tribes just block the spawns except certain places they guard. It makes it impossible to progress in the game, which is a huge deterent for anyone new to that server to set up there. You want to take a break for a day? Ha, enjoy logging in to all you stuff destroyed as most of this games raiding is just griefing. Its not actually combat like raiding should be, they just come over and kill you while your offline.This games has about 70% positive reviews, I remember when that was 90%. Most of the negative reviews are from new players who never got to enjoy the game because of its new, cancerous community. The rest of the negative reviews are from players like myself who have watched this game decay to what it is now and feel the need to speak up. The community isnt even the worst part, its the fact that you have to invest hours to tame a single creature or make a single late game structure. If not for modified servers with higher gather and tame rates it would be even worse. Even when the game launched taming was chore and structures were expensive, but now its just gotten insane. Staying up all night to imprint a baby? I have things to do that require me to have enough sleep to function. All in all the community's decay and the amount of time you have to commit to do anything have made it so that I probably wont play this game again, and if I do it wont be for long.Just a closing message for all the people who will hate on me in the comments for actually bringing up a problem instead of just saying &Yay its great& leave off, im not going to indulge you. Insult this review all you like, you just look like an idiot for doing so.
31 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
Well I have put in over 1,000 hours into this game so I don't need to tell you that I enjoyed the game, but I will anyway.Before I dive into the actual game I want to talk cons. This game requires fairly constant attention if you play with other people. On Lan servers/Solo play this is not as much of an issue, but there are timers on a lot of things that will reset if you don't play often enough. Buildings will be able to be destroyed/auto demolished after a certain number of days. After a set number of days pets will become claimable (this allows other players to take your pets before they starve to death), and then if left unclaimed they will starve to death. If you don't have time and/or a lot of friends to play with it may be hard to keep up with the timers. Thatch houses give you 3 days, Wood gives about 7. pets are usually claimable at the time that wood buildings are allowed to be demoed (PVE) without attacking (PVP). On Private servers/solo play these can be turned off and some are automatically turned off, but in official servers they are unchanging. Now on to pros. I love how open this game is. I can do what I want, when I want, and wherever I want. If I want to build a castle on top of a mountian I can do just that. If I want to tame a T-Rex, or Quetzalcoatlus (giant flying reptile) I can simply set my sights on that and tame one. I would reccommend starting on an official PVE server and learning the ropes from the helpful sorts that tend to gather there before heading over to any PVP servers. If you start on a PVP for the first time don't be surprised if players destroy your &loot pinata& (house built with easy to break materials like thatch and to a much lesser degree wood) for the easy and free items they can get out of the building. Keep in mind this is a survival game. However, unlike some survival games ARK does not penalize you if you die. If you die and don't find your equipment after a while your equipment will disapear, but everything else you have built will not (unless there was a giga attacking your base camp, even then you keep all of your level ups and engrams so it is a lot faster to rebuild.) Go into this game expecting to die. If you are not dying on a regular basis before you reach level 20-30 you are either lucky or have had help. Joining a tribe can help make it easier to stay alive, but is not necessary (I got my first character to level 70 with around 100 pets before I joined my first tribe). I am now on my fourth character (I got bored of demolishing everything on the island with my pet gigas on 3 of the prior 4 and 1 of them I accidentally deleted). Also keep in mind that this game is not yet complete. There will continue to be changes made to the game until it is officially released, so be warned that the game is not optimised (may run slow/not at all on mid cost computers), and there are going to be glitches and or things that break between now and completion. We are here testing the game to help them find game breaking bugs, so be sure to report any that occur. There are quite a few mods for this game, and many of them are great. I would however reccomend taming all the way up to at least a T-Rex before you start to mod the game. Some of the mods take away from the over all gameplay. Hope my review is helpful, and I wish any who play good luck. FYI Official PVE servers are probably the best starting locations for new players.
Was this review helpful?
737 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
HEY KIDS DO YOU LIKE MINECRAFT&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE DINOSAURS&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE FUNNY LOOKING CHARACTERS&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE HARD ??? GAMEPLAY&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE MACHINE GUNS&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE TROLLS KILLING YOU EVERYTIME YOU JOIN A MULTIPLAYER GAME&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE 1 FPS GAMEPLAY (I have a good computer that runs the game fine so dont complain about this)&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS GAMES THAT TAKE FOREVER TO MAKE IT TO FULL VERSION&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE FANTASTIC GRAPHICS&YEAH&DO YOU LIKE GAMES WHERE ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO START OUT&YEAH&WELL THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU KIDS
Was this review helpful?
9 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
ARK: Survival Evolved.Well I've got 100 hours in ARK, I guess I should write a review. While 100 hours seems like a lot, in ARK I still feel like a newb. The game offers a huge open world where you craft, fight, tame, and breed
Dinosaurs. For this review I'm focusing on my experience in PVE on the |OG| dedicated server. Vanilla settings in this game are a grind, so you will want to adjust your settings, or find a server that has already done so (my strong advise). The Pros:*Huge open world with day-night, weather cycles, and many types of biomes *Large variety of Dinosaurs and creatures to hunt, or tame. (More are still being added)*Excellent crafting system, that's earned by leveling up your character. *Multiple ways to play the game, from farming, hunting, crafting, building.*Endless possibilities for what you can do. The sky's the limit. *Tribes, and shared experience make co-op a blast. The game is best played with friends*Tons of groups, and dedicated servers to play on. Official, Unofficial, PVP, PVE, Etc*The Devs continue to provide support, and new content. No DLC, just free.*Full controller support done right. You'll be just fine on a pad if that's how you play.The Cons:*The game is brutal at times. Don't get too attached to your pets, or structures.*The game is still early access, there are bugs, some of them are very annoying*Player customization could be a little better. You tend to look like clones*The game has a steep learning curve, and your on your own to figure most of it out.*Some tasks can get repetitive, and almost feel like a job rather than a game.*The game is a persistent world, so keeping your animals alive will require you to check in.*Even though the game offers a LAN server, you still need an internet connection to play (OK, that probably only bothers me)The Verdict:This title came out of the blue, and took PC gaming by storm. Its now even crossed over into consoles. There's a reason people play ARK. Its extremely addictive! The more you play, the more you get, the more you can do. This is a very rewarding system. All in all, I have to rate this game 4 out 5 stars. Its not for everyone, but I think most will find it a great play.
OLDER GAMER APPROVED
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
Ark. This game in my opinion is truly amazing. Every aspect of it is just mind blowing. You can do so many things that you just don't know where to start.. Well you can start by punching some trees and dodos but you get the point. When I first saw the game I fell in love but I was kind of hesitant to buy it because of the bad things I was hearing about the optimization. I decided to go ahead and buy it and I played it with a buddy for 3 hours. We didnt like it because we had the settings on high (big mistake when you have a 750ti :P) and we didnt know what we were doing. My buddy retured the game and I was about to but I decided on giving it another shot, and boy am I glad I did. I start watching YouTube videos and started experiencing the game myself. Its just amazing how good it is.You can tame dinos, feed them, make tribes, build bases, pvp/pve and more! I felt like I was playing a true RPG Survival. I would definetly recommend this game to other people but I do have to say that you need a decent - good graphics card to run it. I am upgrading my 750ti to a 960 SSC for this game. Without optimization issues added: 10/10With optimization issues added: 9/10
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
Best survival game that i've played, alot of fun whether played with or without friends. Great craft system, and Dino breeding enhances it alot. Might get lost in it for thousands of hours eventually.
Was this review helpful?
28 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
I have over 1000 hours on this game and I will give a completely, raw, and honest review.I hate it.If you have any kind of life, any kind of job, like to sleep, and like to have a social life, then this game is not for you.It's nothing but addicting and time consuming. This game will eat away at your life.NOW BEFORE YOU SAY PRIVATE SERVERS EXIST WITH CUSTOM SERVER SETTINGS, YES, I KNOW THOSE EXIST. I KNOW YOU CAN MODIFY SETTINGS BUT I AM REVIEWING OFFICIAL SERVERS ONLY.Material Gathering----------------------Getting materials to build takes hours, especially some of the later materials. One structure could take more than a day to make even if you have no real-life activities going on that day. It's tiring and after a while, it doesn't even feel like it's worth it.----------------------TAMING----------------------The maximum time that it takes to tame a dinosaur is past 5 hours with the best taming gear you could have. Seeing that an average person is awake for about 16 hours of the day, that consumes almost half of their day. And it's boring. Some dinosaurs you can knock out and just leave but MANY of the animals you need to check up on or even babysit for hours on end. Taming is exciting and fun when you're knocking them out. It's a project and it's certainly a challenge when it's a large animal like a Quetzal or a Mosasaurus. The adrenaline gets you pumped, but after that, it's a slow decline. It's boring having to pump narcotics into the animal to keep it from waking up every 10 minutes and if you don't starve the animal and it wakes up, you lose all of the progress you've made and any items that were on that animal. It's a long, drawn out, and boring process that is necessary to really enjoy the game. And it shouldn't be.----------------------BREEDING----------------------Breeding has become an entirely different story with the new imprinting mechanic. The longest time it takes to raise a baby is 2 WEEKS, taking over 24 HOURS to raise to the point of where you could leave it on its own. Back then, when that baby got to 10% of its maturation progress, you were done. Just fill up a feeding trough, check on it every now and then, and go on with your life. While it wasn't too bad at first (and I'm saying that with a huge grain of salt), it has become torturous now. To get better stats on that baby, the imprinting mechanic has come in. Every time you imprint on a baby, its stats will raise and it will raise every time you imprint on it until it's an adult. But imprinting for a god-like dinosaur has drawbacks in again: Time. Every 3-4 hours, a baby wants care from one player, and THAT PLAYER ALONE. It will not accept care from anyone else in your tribe. That means that the person raising that baby needs to be online to care for it every 3-4 hours and if they miss one imprint, ALL OF THE IMPRINTING PROGRESS IS GONE. The buffed stats are gone, and your time is gone. While imprinting is optional, it is desired by many players but is not accepted because of how it will mess with your sleep schedule, your days, and your life.----------------------From Game to a Chore----------------------At the start of the game, the game feels like a game. You get your first animal, get a hut, and settle in. But once you become more advanced and move up to become an established player, the game aspect fades and turns into a chore. On PvP you need to worry about raids and back then: offline raiding. On PvE you need to worry about structure and animal timers which is what this will get into. An animal has roughly 7 days of its owner or tribe's inactivity before anyone else on the server can claim it. If you do not want to lose precious animals that you have invested in, you need to log on every 7 days to refresh their timers to ensure that no one can claim them. And if you, for some reason, do not have any animals, the maximum time a structure has is dependent on the structure. Stone is the most common structure found on PvE so let's use that. It has roughly 11 days until it is demolishable. Once it is, the server will jump on it to destroy it. People will keep track of the expiration dates to ensure that they are the first to get your land and/or your animals.And not to mention that you need to do daily upkeep on your animals. Your animals can starve and will starve to death after a few days if you do not feed them or have a tribe alliance member feed them. It's a horrible and heavy life invester and turns from a fun game to a chore in daily life very quickly.----------------------OVERALL----------------------This game is fun when modified. If you play on a private server where you can bypass all of what was said above, and maybe even more, good for you.But for people who play on official servers, PvE or PvP, it is nothing but a life investment. ARK: Survival Evolved is an addicting, life consuming, investment with almost nothing to give. Developers seem to prioritize new releases over bug, glitch, and exploit fixes, and think that everyone who plays the game has no life. This game truly panders towards the anti-social gamer who spends days and nights on end in their room on the computer.If you are that person, great, buy this game. It's for you. But if you are not, do not get this game.I want to review this game positively. It's wonderful past the flaws above and has so much potential, but there is a solid brick wall preventing me from doing so.
Was this review helpful?
94 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
You need the frustration resistance of the holy Dalai Lama himself !!!Much to say, dont know where to start.Taming: Holy mother of ????The vanilla rates are insulting!!!Get ready to quit your job, your wife, your kids, and tell them to ???? OFF!!!From now on you have much more important things to do - to MURDER TIME!!!You think World of Warcraft is time consuming? Let me present to you... ARK!You will WASTE hours - literally HOURS!!! - of your life, trying to tame your dinos,just to witness getting them ????ing killed 8 out of 10 times before you could finish!!! EVERY aggressive animal within 500 meters WILL find it and KILL IT!!! Angry birds, Raptors, snakes, wolfs, NO MATTER how hard you try!!!- try to crush their skulls with your machete - they WILL run straight to your dino, ignoring all of your attacks and KILL IT!!! - Annihilate every ????ing sign of life within your line of sight to make sure no one dares to come close - hours later, almost losing the game of falling asleep, something will sprint out of nowhere and KILL IT!!!- Build a wall around your dino - they will stick their heads through and KILL IT!!! THEY ARE ????NG PROGRAMMED TO!!!That brings me to the model collision:If you managed to successfully tame some dinos, you WILL spend 90% of your time to get them unstuck.If they dont get stuck in rocks, hills, structures... they WILL on each other. The model colliders have the size of an aircraft carrier. Blocking every inch of your base. Every door, every way, every ladder! If you ride them by yourselfs its even worse! If you are fighting, prepare to merge with your enemys, forming a new biogenetic uber-creature making even God jealous, and die in panic trying to rotate in every direction to free yourself.I got myself stuck in the environment several times and would have died of starvation if an admin hadnt helped me out!!!You even get stuck at knee high railings if you dont take an inrun and got enough horizontal momentum to jumb over. This could be solved by just adding the possibility to control your character in the ????ing air!!!As big as the colliders are, the tiny are the hitboxes.Sometimes you make no damage although you see blood and hear the hitting sound. Same thing with the corpses of animals. Sometimes, because of the tremendous force of my testosterone driven muscle vehicle, the models of killed animals fly around like ???? hitting the fan, but the invisible hitboxes to harvest them are still lying at the place where they got killed. This leads to a lot of confusion.Let me tell you someting about the pathfinding.There is no pathfinding.Even if a tiny railing is between you and your parked Pteranodon or Argentavis, they will relentless narrow-minded try to fly to you in a line, straight as He-Man,just to get blocked, screaming for help and embarrass you in front of the whole tribe laughing at you.Leveling:As i said before. With vanilla rates, you WILL spend HOURS!!! farming experience with mindless building of crap again and again, not for the need of survival, but to advance in gameplay. It takes forever to be able to unlock the most basic metal tools!!!Resources:The need of some resources is ridiculous. You have to harvest tons of metal for ammunition, tranquilizer darts, armor. Its easier to kill enemys with your machete, or close combat in general, in comparison to time and effort crafting one magazine for your assault rifle.That makes no sense!!!Building:Oh my gawd...The building mechanic is a pain in the ???. It NEEDS to be improved!!! If you like to build just 4 walls, its fine. If your building style involves pillars or anything more geometric complex than 4 corners, you will spend most the time finding the right angle attaching ladders and avoiding every inch of the environment that will block your structures.Why cant walls, ramps and floors slightely merge and align into the environment to FILL all the small corners, holes and FULLFILL my desire of setting everything perfect like the autist i am.Apropos ladders:The interaction menus are terrible.You need to aim at the perfect spot to climb ladders and open doors. (my hint: works better if you are in panic and get chased by a vegan monster... trust me!)Crafting:The engram and crafting menus are confusing and unorganized as ????. At least you have the possibility to use a search function and create your own folders.
In the smithy for example, the crafting menu shares the same place in the inventory like your items.WHY cant there be a seperate window/area?WHY is everyting organized in sub-folders so i have to search and spend more clicks than necessary??WHY do i have to ???? my pants everytime i sneeze???Performance: It improved noticeable over the last year, but if i play since hours, got many pets within my base and traveled alot through the world, my fps still drop into the abyss of Beelzebub himself.You ask: &If you dont like it, why did you spend more than 140+ hours playing this piece of crap?, you ????ing dumb ???!!&Look at my screenshots YOU STUPID ????!!!This game has incredible potential.It feeds the right psychological and neural mechanisms that every good crafting game does.Taming Dinos is like playing Pokémon.Many of them have special abilities that come handy harvesting resources.You can tame, train, breed, build and fight armys with your minions. The graphics and models are great. The atmosphere and ambience is amazing!The water finally makes me want to wash myself again after days!You get XP for literally every ???? you dump on the beach!My advice:Pay some friends, get on a high rate server, form your own tribe and get frustrated altogether!!!
Was this review helpful?
38 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
Spent an hour babysitting a sleeping Stegosaurus waiting for it to join my dino-army, I walk 30 feet away to pick more narco berries and come back to see a T-Rex eating the Stegosaurus alive in front of me. Then it ate me. Then I ran back and it ate me again.10/10
Was this review helpful?
79 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
???????????█????█????????????▄?????????█▄▄??????????█?█?????????????? ?????????????????▄???????????█????????▄??????? ????▄???????????▄▄????? ??▄??????????█▄???????? ??█????????????▄?█????? ???█▄???▄????▄???█????? ???█?????????????█????? ???█?▄???????????█▄▄??? ?????Optimization??▄▄▄???????????????????????????
Was this review helpful?
13 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
ARK is simply not a game. I played this game for a long while, and I loved it for that time period. But looking back now, I realize two things.It is a farming simulator, and a grinding simulator, wherein you set out to chop down trees and hit rocks until you have enough materials to build something incredibly basic. Once you have a base and have everything you can have in the game, which doesn't take long, the game becomes an upkeep simulator. You begin to play just to maintain your investments, to justify all the time you spent taming dinosaurs and building structures, not because you're getting on to have fun.The actual gameplay is non-existant. You ride around on a dinosaur, looking at other dinosaurs, in a very plastic looking world. The dinosaurs walk around in circles and have no behavior patterns or specific abilities that make them unique or fun to fight or even tame. Once you have a T-Rex, Giganotosaurus, or Spinosaurus, the game becomes very dull. The ocean is essentially empty, and I don't see what they will add that will change this.The game does a good job at hiding the fact you are actually not doing anything. But eventually, you start to realize that all the dinosaurs do is walk around in circles in the wild, and all you're doing is hitting E over and over and left clicking trees and rocks in a very plastic looking world.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 正版进化evolve黑屏 的文章

随机推荐