地城300英雄runtime error error update patchlist down

Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.
I'm running Win 8.1 Pro x64. On April 9th, I was offered two updates from Microsoft. Usually, updates install automatically through Windows update but the following two updates, I noticed today (April 12th) are failing continuously with the error: . The updates are
Security update for IE 11 (KbMB
Windows 8.1 Update (Kb2919355)
I have followed the resolution steps I found on the web and ran sfc /scannow which revealed everything is good.
I tried updating Kb2919355 manually using the standalone update utility and downloading the bunch of updates listed on the microsoft download center under this kb for Windows Update 8.1 but it doesn't install kb2919355 which is a 600+ Mb file saying nothing but some updates couldn't be installed.
I noticed that as soon as I run Windows Update using the Control Panel to try to download either of the above updates, it doesn't waste too much time and just comes back with the
error . It doesn't even attempt to download the files completely and fails after 1 or 5%.
I have tried to review the WindowsUpdate Error log but its difficult to interpret and trying to google the failure messages in it has been making me run in circles.
My computer is running smoothly but I'd like to install those updates for satisfaction's sake. Otherwise, I might end up doing a fresh install but that's just too much hassle.
I'd appreciate the help and will share the logs that you ask. Thanks.
migrated from
This question came from our site for system and network administrators.
= ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
I debugged this the last days several times. The fix is to run those 2 commands from a :
32Bit Windows:
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KBbf~x86~~6.3.1.14
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KBbf~amd64~~6.3.1.14
reboot and try to install the Updates again.
When it still fails, you can use the new
(which removes all desktop applications but repairs the Windows Core) or the old
completely. This also keeps all desktop applications.
29.2k63258
This is what worked for me:
Turn off automatic updates.
Press the windows key to get you into the tiled area (ie not desktop or explorer)
Enter "update history"
Select "View your update history for windows" which was my only option.
When that history is showing, press the arrow key in the top left screen to take you out of that menu and into "Update and Recovery"
Then select "Windows update" and "Check now".
Wait and follow the screens.
It worked for me and I've been trying to install this KB2919255 for a week now.
I had the same problem.
I kept reaching 100%, but it would say that it didn't work, and it would revert. The removing of the package and cleanup wasn't working.
My problem was with the boot settings.
First, I removed and cleaned up once again.
Then, I went to run, and typed "msconfig", then the "boot" tab. The list was empty.
So I went to disk manager, and I gave a letter to the system partition. (I also have an ext4 partition, but I left that one as is, as windows couldn't see it.)
(I had some trouble rebooting the first time, so that the repair prompt came up, but I didn't do anything, just exited and loaded windows.)
After that, I was able to install the update.
Microsoft released a tool fix the issue:
Even if the tool said that it failed to fix the update, it fixed the issue where it did not allow the update.
After I ran the tool, I downloaded the update from Microsoft's website, and installed it manually. That worked perfectly for me.
After months of trying to resolve this
we came up with a proven winner to get this installed.
For our installations, our SonicWall VPN may have been the reason the install would fail.
If you have a VPN installed, copy down all your domains and logins and UNINSTALL the VPN.
Delete any corrupted instance of KB2919355 (this is using the 64 bit package) with an elevated command prompt using:
DISM /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KBbf~amd64~~6.3.1.14
Clean up with an elevated command prompt using:
DISM /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
Download the Windows8.1-KB.msu and the clearcompressionflag.exe files.
(again this is 64bit)
Run clearcompressionflag.exe.
Takes about 1 second and gives you no indication that it completed successfully, but thats ok.
Run Windows8.1-KB.msu
Restart Windows
Bask in the glory of a successful install.
Users experiencing installation troubles should:
Run sfc /scannow from an
32Bit Windows:
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KBbf~x86~~6.3.1.14
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KBbf~amd64~~6.3.1.14
Run Clearcompressionflag.exe from
Attempt installation of the update
If you are still getting installation failures you'll need to:
Get ahold of a Windows 8.1 disk or ISO
Complete a . Be sure to allow the installer to download any updates. NOTE: this repair process will keep all of your data, apps, desktop apps, settings, etc. unlike others.
Install all updates using Windows Update. You'll need to install updates & restart then look for more updates at least 4 times.
If you get an error message during your repair installation that says
you'll need to resize the small system reserve at the beginning of your drive using :
Install GParted on to a
Reboot your machine, make sure your BIOS is set to boot from USB first
Press enter to all of the questions to accept the default responses until you get to the
Assuming your system only has two partitions, click the second box/partition, click resize/move, set the new size to about 300MiB less than the current size, set free space following to zero, select resize/move & select apply. Ignore any warnings it gives you about the risks of moving your main system partition, Windows 8.1 is smart enough to recover from these issues.
Select the first box/partition (very small), click resize/move, set the size such that free space preceding and following is 0, select resize/move & select apply.
Restart your machine and retry the repair install process.
If you have AVAST installed, deactivate it until installation is finished. That worked for me on 2 different computers.
protected by ♦
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality answers, posting an answer now requires 10
on this site.
Would you like to answer one of these
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
Super User works best with JavaScript enabled

我要回帖

更多关于 smsc update error 的文章

随机推荐