for your approvall of your credit card application.

You need the ease of use to pay with a credit card? However you experience getting approved is much harder then you expected?
Stop applying for the wrong type of card if your financial circumstances don't qualify you for a regular credit card.
Apply for the right type of credit card when you have no credit history.
Don't let the lack of credit history be a road block to get the right credit card for your needs.
A bad credit history doesn't have to prevent you from obtaining a credit card.
Start comparing bad credit credit cards &
Just want to the convenience of making payment via credit card but don't want the debt?
Compare the fees of our hand picked group of prepaid credit cards and select the best one for your needs.Guaranteed Credit Card | Instant Approval Visa and Mastercards
Guaranteed credit cards are good for people who have little or no credit history with lenders. Most&people seeking a guaranteed card experience some trouble getting credit from standard lending banks. With a guaranteed mastercard or visa this means that you can still get the great benefits of a credit card if you have a bad credit history, mortgage problems or other credit problems like no built up credit at all.
Its almost impossible now days to rent a car or a hotel without a credit card. The guaranteed cards do have some drawbacks since you won’t be getting a very high credit limit. But its a start back on the right track. Just make sure you pay your card on time or you could further damage your credit if you don’t manage the card effectively. The Capital One secured mastercard has one of the fastest credit card application wait times only taking about 30 seconds for&a response. Its almost instant once you fill out the application.
Some well known guaranteed credit cards are:
Capital One Secured Mastercard
CIBC Secured VISA
Home Trust Secured VISA
Peoples Trust Horizon Plus Secured Mastercard
Guaranteed credit cards can also help you to improve your credit if you manage them properly and pay your bill on time. You often see people trying to rebuild credit applying for 2 or 3 secured cards and trying to rebuild their credit faster. You can compare all our secured and guaranteed&credit cards by using our&new comparison service to find the best mastercard or visa for you.Credit Card NEWS
December 01, 2014
Businesses, credit card issuers, merchants, and payment processors will be able to provide consumers with a safer online and mobile payments experience, with the launch of the American Express Token Service.
The service replaces customers’ credit, prepaid, or debit
November 11, 2014
When it comes to fears, there’s one thing that many people find scarier than spiders, the dark, and public speaking: running out of money.
A recent survey by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) showed that 92% of respondents are afraid they will on
October 28, 2014
Four new rewards programs are rolling out from RewardsNOW, a company that provides loyalty programs to credit card issuers.
Boulder, Colorado-based Elevations Credit Union has partnered with RewardsNOW to provide their customers with rewards through the RewardsNOW pl
Expert Q&A
You can consider applying for the Capital One& Secured MasterCard& credit card. The minimum security deposit for this card is $49, $99 or $200 based on your creditworthiness and it gets you a $200 credit line. &The APR is 22.9% and variable. If you need a c
Yes, you can. You can also apply for a student credit card without a co-signer. If a credit card issuer decides you need a co-signer, you will be notified.
Your credit is not affected when you request your credit reports. But if those inquiries are made by a creditor, your score can be affected. The more inquiries you have, the greater impact it will have on your credit. So, if you apply for several credit cards within a s
Our site presents credit card offers from many issuers for a wide variety of consumers. Choose from cards designed for everyone from students to business owners. You will find applications for the best credit cards from Visa&, MasterCard&, American Express and Discover&.
There are credit card applications on this site for people with all types of credit scores. Whether you have limited or no credit history, a bad credit score, a good credit score, or an excellent credit score, we have an online credit card application for you.
If you need your new credit card in a hurry, you may want to take a look at some of our instant decision credit cards. You will receive a decision online within 60 seconds, and you can expect to receive your new credit card in the mail in 7 to 10 days if approved.
For those of you with limited credit history or a poor credit score, you should look at our offers for secured credit cards. Secured credit cards require a cash deposit from you. The size of the deposit will determine your credit limit. In general, customers with low credit scores have more success qualifying for secured credit cards than they do with regular credit cards. These cards can help you improve your credit score.
Credit Card Applications for Good Credit
Credit Card Applications for Bad Credit
Here you can find the credit card applications for customers that have either a good or excellent credit score. The advantageous credit cards are reserved for those with the high credit scores. People with high scores will receive more favorable terms from the issuer including lower interest rates and higher credit limits. These cards also tend to have the most generous rewards programs.
There are credit card offers designed for people with bad credit scores or a limited credit history. One of the steps to fix bad credit or establish good credit is to get a credit card, make on time payments and keep balances low relative to the credit limit with all creditors. This activity is generally reported to the consumer reporting agencies and your score will rise if the card is used responsibly. In the meantime, we have many credit cards you can apply for even if you have a low credit score now. Although the cards you will find here don`t have the most attractive rates, getting one of these cards now will make you eligible for better offers in the future.
Top best credit cards For You
Top bad credit cards For You
When in the process of selecting a new credit card, you should look at
all of the terms and conditions and pick the card that is the best fit.
We provide full details to help you make the right choice.
We also offer credit card deals for citizens of the United
Kingdom, Canada, and Belgium. If you live in one of these countries, you
are eligible to apply here.
Copyright & . All Rights Reserved
is an independent, advertising-supported web site.
is compensated by the credit card issuers whose offers appear on our site. This compensation can impact how and where credit products appear on our site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within product listings.
does not offer, review or present all available credit offers.
All the credit card information presented without warranty and can change. To confirm the terms and conditions click the "Apply Now!" button and review the current information on a secure credit card terms page.
can be compensated by the credit card issuers when visitors apply for a credit card through this website.
*See the credit card's terms and conditions on the online application page. Note that this website may be compensated by credit card issuers when the visitor applies for a card through the links on this website. We do our best to maintain all information accurate and up to date. However, we do not warrant the credit card information won't change. Click the "Apply Online" button and review the current info on the secure credit card terms page.
Information in these articles is brought to you . Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles.
webpage is a free service and an information resource for credit cards and financial products and services available to eligible United States consumers.
does not offer any warranties and is not a direct service. There are no guarantees for approval or offers when applying for a credit card. Please refer to the application if you would like more information on each credit card. When you click "Apply" for a particular credit card, please take the time to review the terms and conditions of the product/service at the issuer's website. All logos on
website are property of their respective owners.Cash Back Stores
Archived From: Finance
Go to page : 1
g10ny suggested we start a thread on the funniest/strangest cc rejection reasonsn we receive.
Thats an interesting topic, certainly....Id also like to expand the topic to give this thread more value, and also list rejection reasons we were able to overcome, and turn the denial into an approval.
Perhaps readers can take what they read here to turn their CC rejections into approvals.please start off each post by listing the creditor's REJECTION REASON.
If possible detail which card it was for.
Detail your response to the creditor (if any) and whether your response was successful in turning the denial into approval.
If you have been denied, please READ THE EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS posted in this thread to assist you, rather than asking for help turning your particular denial into an approval!
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I've uploaded a comprehensive list of codes here: &a target="_new" href="/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://www.zsh...
dlr3 (Jan. 25, 2007 @ 3:15p)
Got my CRAP-One rejection letter in mail form credit line increase I requested after I only got $2.5K opening credit lim...
dolmar (Jan. 27, 2007 @ 2:36p)
dolmar said: &blockquote&&hr&Got my CRAP-One rejection letter in mail form credit line increase I requested after I only...
RS4Rings (Jan. 27, 2007 @ 2:48p)
Fat Wallet is proudly presenting the "American Rejects" band!
Thanks for .
to remove this ad.
green for sis!never been rejected yet.
Worst i've ever got is a "we'll get back to you" (second citi application in a month, first one was auto-approved), but they approved me eventually.
REJECTION REASON: "SUFFICIENTLY OBLIGATED" (Discover)My thought: So you deny people who are married and/or have children?
I have no wife, no kids, no obligations.My action: I asked them to close an old Discover line to give me a new one (was a 0% for life offer). Worked.
REJECTION REASON: "we are unable to verify your credit references" (creditor shall remain unnamed)My thought: Was my 50 page credit report insufficient?My action: simply called them up and confirmed the app.
Guess they thought perhaps I didnt really apply.
SUCKISSTAPLES said: [Q]My action: simply called them up and confirmed the app.
Guess they thought perhaps I didnt really apply.Did you apply online or by snail mail (paper form)?
Insufficient Credit History (Discover Get More). 4+ years credit history (authorized user) w/ ~750 credit score with 3 CRA was insufficient. I have not tried to turn the denial into approval yet. Will post later with results.
Asking for help with denials will change the focus of this thread.
Let people post what worked for them, and use it to come up with arguments on your own.The "unable to verify" was an internet app, so perhaps that was the reason.
If this thread turns from posting whats worked into
just asking for help with denials.
Let people post what worked for them, and use it to come up with arguments on your own.I agree with your intentions for the thread.I didn't get time to call back Discover yet, I'll post results when I get around calling them. Denial happened very recently... I guess I posted too early &img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0&
Discover rejected my application because of High utilization, I cleared all my balances 2 months before the application but for some reason Transunion didnt get updated. I sent a letter through planetfeedback blasting Discover's practices, got a call from discover, they see my old TU report for some reason. She offered to do a check against another bureau and asked me to pick one, I looked at my report through mycreditkeeper and picked Equifax as it was clean for 6 months. Got approved for 5K.
I work for a credit card company.
Each of the rejection reasons has a code associated with it.
For example, there is one code for decline for bankruptcy and another for because of a scoring decline.I don't think that you are going to see anything too strange since you can't be declined for any reason without a code.
And each code has a letter.
Of course both declines and letters have all been run past legal to make sure we are not discriminating or doing anything illegal.
And all codes are subject to detailed analysis to see what can be tweaked or not.
All the other major credit card companies do the same.So, in sum, I would be very surprised to see anything odd for a decline unless it was for a mom and pop bank.
I just got rejected by Citicard/Equifax because of1. Your total credit obligations, which include outstanding credit lines, are too high to meet our approval guidelines, when compared to your stated income.2. Too many recent credit inquiries were recorded on your credit bureau report.Citicard told me I could convert to the card but I wouldnt get the promotion I want.
I wonder of asking them to close my other one rather than convert would make any difference at all.
Worth a try I guess.As far as too many inquiries, I have heard of this thing called "bumpage" that might help me but I dont know anything about it.
SO I may research that.
Or I may just apply under my wifes name.
I tried Citi's online CLI request for my Platinum Select MC without a credit pull and was denied for the following reasons:1.
Your payments were low on one or more of your accounts with us.
(3.9 until paid off.
I started paying off pretty aggressively, then once the rates inverted, ie I was earning more from banks, I slowed down and have been paying the minimum.
I've been paying on this offer since 2001 I believe and the original amount was somewhere around 11g's.
I'm down to $5500.)2.
Your credit report reflects one or more of your account balances with other creditors is high when compared to the available credit.
(I was floating about 40k, a pittance I know, but that maxed me out on about 5 of my 16 accounts.
They've all been paid down now except that USAA gave me 1 year 0% with no fee.
I'm in the process of getting a check cut from my Dividend card so I can put it in Emigrant.
So I don't know the date that they are basing this reason on.
My guess is it's before I paid down my cards.)I do have Citi's Dividend, Platinum Select, Home Depot, and Goodyear cards.
I may be maxed out with Citibank.
When I got my Dividend, they only gave me $500 and said I could transfer from another one of my credit lines so I transferred from my available Platinum Select credit limit.
SUCKISSTAPLES said: [Q]g10ny suggested we start a thread on the funniest/strangest cc rejection reasonsn we receive.
Thats an interesting topic, certainly....Id also like to expand the topic to give this thread more value, and also list rejection reasons we were able to overcome, and turn the denial into an approval.
Perhaps readers can take what they read here to turn their CC rejections into approvals.please start off each post by listing the creditor's REJECTION REASON.
If possible detail which card it was for.
Detail your response to the creditor (if any) and whether your response was successful in turning the denial into approval.
If you have been denied, please READ THE EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS posted in this thread to assist you, rather than asking for help turning your particular denial into an approval!a few from my recent app-o-rama (a caveat: these are from memory):"Length of time since last 30+ days late" (weird, since i've never been late and my report shows it)"Not in good standing with the state" (a business card app, still need to look into this, since my biz SHOULD BE in good standing with the state)"Utilization" (Just the one word.
Is it too much?
Too little?
Guess i'll never know.)
[Q]I work for a credit card company. Each of the rejection reasons has a code associated with it. For example, there is one code for decline for bankruptcy and another for because of a scoring decline.bssc, could you post the rejection reasons here?Thanks,Kanosh
Discover turned me down for high utilization. When I called them, the analyst insisted that my mortgage was actually a balance on a credit card. After wasting 5-10 mins with her, I ended the conversation and called the next day. Got another analyst who understood the problem and approved with a CL of 20k.
Not sure how funny or unusual my latest rejection was, but it's the first time I had seen it.REJECTION REASON:
Your application was processed by a credit scoring system that assigned a numerical value to various items on your application and your credit bureau report.
Unfortunately, the result did not meet our requirements.
(Citi Professional card)My thought:
in a nutshell - ???
How does one respond to: "we just didn't want to"My action:
There's an option on the letter to call them to find out specifically why my app was declined, but I honestly don't care enough about the card and was approved for everything else in my mini AOR that I don't want to bother.
Oddly I was immediately approved for the Diamond Preferred card, but I did have quite an adventure trying to sign up for their EZ checking account.
They told me that they weren't able to verify any of my information even though I looked at the credit report they pulled and all of the info was on there (and isn't any newer than a couple of years or so).
But I eventually got that also.
HSBC Direct Rewards 5/5/1 card."Insufficient number of inactive credit card accounts"So I need more credit cards that I don't intend on using?
REJECTION REASON: "Too many credit accounts" ()My thought: The obvious. Nordstroms is well known for their dislike of inquiries. Did it also apply to accounts?. This was a new one for me as I have never been declined for this reason. I thought breadth and depth of different accounts was good.My action: Called and asked if they could take a second look. Was of little use. After some prodding, it became evident that too much available credit is considered high risk by . I didn't pursue it further.REJECTION REASON: "Insufficient account experience" (Shall remain nameless)My thought: Huh? Did anyone even look at this app? And internal history? Since when is 30+ accounts spanning almost a decade "Insufficient" My action: Searched for number to credit dept. Said this is ridiculous, are you looking at my credit report? She did. Answer was we will continue processing the app. The card arrived before the denial letter.
Rejection Reason:
Insufficient incomeI made $125,000+ in each of the previous three years.
Platinum is tougher than I thought.
From Discover: "Too many recently opened accounts with balances."
(At the time, I probably had 4 accounts &6 at most one was &50% utilization, but all showed SOME utilization.)
This shows a peril of the non-app-o-rama strategy of just using your cards normally for a while after getting them, before requesting BT's.A bit OT since not based on credit report, but also from Discover, while I was in law school, they refused to approve me (at any address) because I mentioned on the phone that their pre-approved solicitation was addressed to me at the physical street address of my dorm, rather than the box number they were supposed to use, and then I didn't feel like digging up a tuition bill or something to prove it.Yes, I'm the corporate lawyer so bad, he can't get a Discover card.
Thank you for you recentt Discover Card applicaton. We sincerely appreciate your interest in opening another Discover Account. Though we are unable to approve your request becuase Existing Discover Card Credit Lines Are At Maximum Limits. When I called and talked to someone she said becuase my other card was opened less than a year ago it was company policy not to open another account. I think this was not ture but I asked why Discover would send me an application for a second card if my account was less than a year. She then told me that they did not have all of the information about when my account was started. Oh well.
DiscoverReason: Too much available revolving credit.Me: How is there such thing as too much credit?CSR: You have more than $600k in available revolving credit. Why do you need more?Me: Why does it matter?CSR: You are a high risk customer because of your age and credit profile.Me: So Discover is being descriminate because of my age?CSR: Well, uh, yeah.Me: Tell Discover they can go F themselves.
HSBC Direct Rewards card:Excessive number of existing revolving accountsI have about 15 open revolving accounts, 6 or so are new within the past 6 months.
YOU HAVE THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE ISSUED TO AN INDIVIDUAL.Citi mtvU, just the other day. This one actually gave me a good laugh.Thing is, I didn't even want new credit, I wanted to convert one of my existing Citi cards to the mtvU but they said it couldn't be done so I had to apply. I explained this fact in my appeal. I'll let you know what comes of it.
REJECTION REASON: "I see here you have recently been a victim of credit-card theft"My response: It's OK, whoever stole it is spending a lot less than my wife was !"J/K
&img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0&
Rejection Reason: Not a US citizen or permanent residentDiscover has rejected me more than once for this reason. I'm on a student visa and it's never been a problem with other cards. I think they have my info on file and reject me if I don't mention my status.
Providian denial answers sample:1. a. " Your credit file does not contain enough information upon which we can make a credit decision (except they did make a decision, though... )1. b. "Unfortunately, we are unable to open an account for you at this time based on the following reason(s): Missing FICO". (I had less than 6 months at that time)1. c. "Unfortunately, we are unable to open an account for you at this time based on the following reason(s): Reconsideration request received past 60 days from original decline date."2. [Q]Unfortunately, we are unable to open an account for you at this time based on the following reason(s):- Recent inquiry (my note: it was just a BofA inquiry, 5 months old)- Insufficient balance on revolving accounts3. " We regret that we are unable to open an account for you at this time because the offer you applied for is no longer available." (it was the PayPaI Visa, no longer offered)4. "We regret that we are unable to open an account for you because our records indicate that you have already applied with us for an account within the last two months."5 The strangest one: initially I got this screen message online:[Q]Welcome!Thank you for choosing Visa Platinum(R) Card! If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 1-800-497-2835 Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time.Please continue making at least the minimum payments to your other lenders until your balance transfers appear on your credit card account statement. But then I received a letter with the following wording:[Q]
After carefully reviewing your application, we are sorry to advise you that we cannot open an account for you at this time.
If you would like a statement or specific reasons why your application was denied, please call or write us within 60 days of the date of this letter. We will provide you with the statement of reasons within 30 days after receiving your request.I did not follow up on this.What is really different from other issuers is that even though I was turned down when I had little history (AmE&& and Discover), they approved my applications at a later time.
Why would you not mention your status?terpaero said: [Q]Rejection Reason: Not a US citizen or permanent residentDiscover has rejected me more than once for this reason. I'm on a student visa and it's never been a problem with other cards. I think they have my info on file and reject me if I don't mention my status.
Applied for a student Discover card when I was a freshman in college and got rejected since I was only a freshman in college (then why dont they just put "sophomore and up" while signing up to save the credit inquiry???)Applied again when I was a sophomore and got a $1000 credit line-----Applied for Citi's MTVU card and got rejected for having too much credit (only have 1 card with them and at the time it had a $9600 CL). Tried calling Citi's CS to have them open it up using some of my existing CL but they wouldnt (kept getting "you have to be approved for a new CC first before I can shift the CL")Will probably apply again soon by reporting a little higher annual income
Reason denied: Inadequate product selection matchI had to call and ask exactly what that meant. They said they didn't have a card they could give me. I just shook my head and left it at that. This was through the utterly craptastic "First Equity" card they spam me with like a few times a month, religiously. For the people I had heard of that got approved they got smallish limits and a high 18%+ rate. Give me a break.
codename47 said: [Q]Reason denied: Inadequate product selection matchI had to call and ask exactly what that meant. They said they didn't have a card they could give me. I just shook my head and left it at that. Did you sue them? !?! &img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif" border=0&
No, no they probably wouldn't have any money even if I did...
From Citi Professional:You have an international address
Exactly! You aren't a US citizen, so why should a creditor give you credit? That's like saying, here's several thousand dollars, even though we don't know if you plan to stay in the country, and if you don't, there's nothing we can do, and that's cool. Get credit in your own country!UtahDealSeeker said: [Q]Why would you not mention your status?terpaero said: [Q]Rejection Reason: Not a US citizen or permanent residentDiscover has rejected me more than once for this reason. I'm on a student visa and it's never been a problem with other cards. I think they have my info on file and reject me if I don't mention my status.
not a credit card, but I did have a friend turned down on a loan for reason of credit too new.He was 21 and in the air force.
Had just bought a house 3 months prior.
When you move off base and into a house you get additional income (housing allowance, food allowance, etc).
So his income increase was enough for him to have plenty of spending cash.
So he goes to finance a jetski and after processing the loan app, the lending company rejects him because his credit was too new.
I don't remember the exact wording, but I was rejected for a Citi card because I did not have any credit cards that was carrying a balance.&img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border=0&
sinik said: [Q]YOU HAVE THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE ISSUED TO AN INDIVIDUAL.Citi mtvU, just the other day. This one actually gave me a good laugh.Thing is, I didn't even want new credit, I wanted to convert one of my existing Citi cards to the mtvU but they said it couldn't be done so I had to apply. I explained this fact in my appeal. I'll let you know what comes of it.they allowed me to move some of my creditline over to that card, when i applied
jatan1986 said: [Q]-----Applied for Citi's MTVU card and got rejected for having too much credit (only have 1 card with them and at the time it had a $9600 CL). Tried calling Citi's CS to have them open it up using some of my existing CL but they wouldnt (kept getting "you have to be approved for a new CC first before I can shift the CL")Will probably apply again soon by reporting a little higher annual incomeactually, i have more credit than that with citi, and others do too. so perhaps it is a sliding scale based on income
This wasn't in a denial, but part of an Experian Vantage score report. I just thought it was funny they were listed one after the other:# The average loan amount across open, recently reported real estate accounts, such as a mortgage, is too low. Having low loan amounts has a negative impact on your credit score. (ME)# The balance amount paid down across your open real estate accounts, such as a mortgage, is too low. Paying down the balances on your real estate accounts can have a positive impact on your credit score. (MF)Apparently I should have spent a lot more on a house then paid it down a quickly? Oh well, this is the same group that lists my address as "single family" then several lines down alerts that the address is a non-residential/transportation business
Skipping 42 Messages...
dolmar said: [Q]Got my CRAP-One rejection letter in mail form credit line increase I requested after I only got $2.5K opening credit limit.Here is the reason cited "Excessive number of bank or national Revoling accounts on credit beurea"Not sure what hell that means. I had 7 credit cards, 2 charge cards, 1 overdraft protection line of credit and 1 home Mortgage. I had no other loans either not even a Heloc or car loan.that does suck and hope this is not a new trend that could kill the AoR game. When I got my BoA card at the end of my AoR I also got denied on an increase request, They stated they felt "I had enough available credit". But I can see mine because my $100k card was MBNA/FIA, so was basically a BoA. But you had no prior Capitol One relationship so they based this on your other issuers. Wonder if we might see more of this?
Go to page : 1
Disclaimer:
By providing links to other sites,
does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site .
Disagree with OP
Wrong Forum
Spam, Referral or Self Promotion
Not Enough Info
You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Thanks for .
to remove this ad.

我要回帖

更多关于 chase credit card 的文章

随机推荐