孤岛惊魂4 840m里,I'm very particular with my words.是什么意思。

扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
高一英语短文改错,求高人给正解!万分感谢!(》.《)!~~I‘m very grateful to my English teacher.In the past, my biggest shortcoming used to being carelessness,thatworried me a lot.To make matters worse,I was so anxious to seek the fundamental reason in my failure.I just devoted me to huge amounts of practice,not paying attention to repeated mistakes.Fortunately,my teacher noticed it and offers to have a long talk with me.He gave me lots of advices on how to get rid of it.After I was persuading to change my attitude, I finally got the right way to rid myself of carelessness and gained the confidence as well.It was the support he had given me made me what I'm today.
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
used to being改为used to be& 2.that worried改为which worried& 3.devoted me改为devoted myself& 4.not paying改为without paying 5.offers改为offered& 6.advices改为advice& 7.persuading改为peruaded& 8.to ride改为to ridding& 9.made前加that4.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码微信:doyo_game
孤岛惊魂4-多种结局达成条件及剧情解析
  由于本作人名拼写充满民族风,就以以下代号表示相关人物,男主,男主他妹,男帮主,女帮主,干爹明,女将军,竞技场老板娘,脏兮兮的小姑娘,毒师邻居,其它任务npc,明哥狗腿子
  以下内容严重剧透,仅代表个人观点与对剧情的理解,欢迎大家继续讨论,承受差,不喜勿喷,谢合作……
  首先最完美的结局当然是十五分钟快速通关那个,假如玩过主线的话就知道主角不会有任何危险,在干爹明的护佑下成为下一任国王,具体原因后面讨论。
  剧情的关键转折点在于对北方湖中小岛上的tarun
matara神庙的处置选择上,因为此任务中你所选择的服务对象回最终成为黄金之路的大帮主,在此附上存档,全技能树完成,全物品合成,save3dmgames.zip。
  之前的任务选择似乎只是决定接下来任务的完成方式,依照男女帮主的个人口味来解决当前目标,然后你的服务对象会夸赞你几句,被舍弃的那位帮主会声泪俱下的谴责你。
  这里有一个细节,男帮主称呼你为莫汗之子,并多次提到这样几个短语”莫汗高勒所为之奋斗的“”莫汗高勒所建造的“”莫汗高勒的崇高目标“”你父亲所为之奋斗的“”你父亲所建造的“”你父亲的伟大目标“……(向你父亲问好……),男帮主似乎成为了你父亲的代言人;另一方面,女帮主经常提到这样一个词”你母亲的遗愿“(向你母亲问好……)女帮主好像又变成了你母亲的代言人,而且在第一次同女帮主见面并被告知男主为莫汗之子时女帮主十分的不屑一顾并将男主视作累赘的游客。
  先将结局分类好再仔细分析,前面剧情选择的结果都无关紧要,因为对你不会产生直接的影响,除部分成就和相关建筑之后面貌之类的,唯一特殊的是竞技场老板娘的生死问题,选择自己动手就是一枪崩了她,选择告知家人尸骨早就凉透了的真相她会自杀,所以还是无关紧要的选择。另外在追杀女将军的幻境里会看到一些展示男帮主或女帮主不为人知的一面的场景,具体出现谁的似乎是由之前所选择的服务对象来决定的,选择某人立场的次数较多则出现此人的阴暗面场景。
  在关键的tarun
matara神庙任务里,如果你选择为女帮主服务,她在下达命令的时候会解释神庙是这里愚昧落后的传统文化的象征,炸掉神庙的同时也象征了当地妇女地位的解放,之后的任务便是攻占神庙安放炸弹然后胜利大逃亡,似乎还顺手把神庙的香火钱和金库洗劫一空,之后得到情报干爹明打算用迫击炮袭击北边地图的据点,任务是赶到敌人据点毁掉迫击炮,然后便接到女帮主的特殊任务(其实没什么特殊的……)——干掉男帮主,解释说男帮主代表了当地落后的传统文化并且不会善罢甘休,此处女帮主还特意强调:I'm
very particular with my words.
  找到男帮主发现他在小屋里点了一堆蜡烛还在摇铃铛,招魂一般,然后就是决定杀掉他还是放他走,此处随个人喜好,相关人物不会再次出现,不会对之后的剧情产生影响;如果在神庙任务选择为男帮主服务,他在下达命令前会对女帮主抛弃传统文化的行为恼羞成怒,称其在帮干爹明完成工作,并会将她比喻为另一个干爹明,然后派男主去守护神庙,任务是拆掉两个炸弹并在岛上抵抗敌人的进攻,激战一番后会接到北边地图的据点被敌人迫击炮袭击的通知,要在限定时间内赶回据点并清理现场敌人。
  男帮主会派其他人去摧毁迫击炮,然后便再男帮主那里接到干掉女帮主的任务,此处先要干掉女帮主的保镖,因为都是黄金之路的人所以直接动手会减紫色的经验,建议用诱饵引来野兽借刀杀人,进屋发现女帮主在玩电脑,还坐了一把不伦不类的椅子,之后依然是选择杀与不杀,一样对结局无影响。
  不管是选择男帮主还是女帮主,下一个任务都是进攻皇家据点然后和干爹明对峙,可以选择直接杀了他结束或和他去放骨灰(和彩蛋结局一个地方)然后干爹明会坐直升机彻底离开此地,男主留下帮助重建家园,还会和奇葩的两个毒师邻居聊几句。
  综上所述结局的关键在于神庙问题的处置上,你所服务的对象会成为黄金之路的大帮主而另一位帮主的命运也掌握在你手中,然后便是干爹明的处置,毙了他,还是放他走(他上飞机后再开枪似乎伤不到他了)。
http://www.doyo.cn/article/192091
阅读本文后,您的心情是:(选择后可查看结果)
人气:841037
今日关注游戏英语四级作文真题及范文
2012年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2012年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2011年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2011年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2010年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2010年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2009年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2009年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2008年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2008年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2007年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
2007年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
2012年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  题目来源:   美国劳工部(united states department of labor)官网   Bureau of labor statistics劳工统计局在日发布的&教育回报&数据表   Education pays教育回报(暂定)   图表说明:全英文,无中文翻译和提示
范文   From the bar chart given above, we can observe that it reflects the
statistics of income among people of different educational background. Those who
possess a doctoral degree earn 1,551dollars median weekly, ranking first among
people of other education level. The median weekly earnings of people with
associate degree and below can not reach the average of 797 dollars, ranking
from 768 dollars to 451 dollars. As for the unemployment rate, 2.5 % of people
with doctoral degree will suffer form unemployment. However, the unemployment
rate of people with some college, no degree and lower degree surpass the mean
value of7.6%, ranking from 8.7% to 14.1%.   The bar chart of Education Pays reveals a phenomenon that there exits some
difference in incomes and unemployment rate among people with different
educational level. Quite a few reasons can account for this phenomenon: for one
thing, with the advancement of technology and the adjustment of industrial
structure, quite a few high-tech industries emerge overnight, which leads to a
soar demand of workforces with high educational degree, thus, it is natural that
graduates with bachelor' and higher degree get a high pay-packet and enjoy a
stable job. Additionally, those with educational background under associate
degree are easily dismissed and paid by low salary. They can be replaced any
time due to the fact that their jobs are easy and can be finished by average
people.   Definitely, the higher education degree you get, the more likely you are to
enjoy a competitive edge in the employment market. Thus, the authorities should
enforce some policies to ensure the equity of education. Only in this way can
more people lead a stable and comfortable life. 2012年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part Ⅰ Writing (30minutes)   Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short
essay entitled Excessive Packaging following the outline given below. You should
write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.   1.目前许多商品存在过度包装的现象   2.出现这一现象的原因 3.我对这一现象的看法和建议
范文   On Excessive Packaging   In recent years, with the economy growing, all kinds of goods are flowing
into our life. The packaging of goods becomes more and more attracting our eyes.
However, the problem of excessive packaging has aroused people's wide
concern.   This phenomenon exists for a number of reasons. For one thing, the business
has seen through the mind of most consumers who are face-saving, for they
thought that the more beautiful the packaging of goods is, the best people like.
For another thing, excessive packaging can make the majority of merchants get
high profit for the cheap commodity by improving price. Perhaps the primary
reason lies that the form far outweighs the content.   In my opinion, it is more advisable to focus on the quality of goods than
to decorate its appearance. So, it is urgent that immediate measures should be
taken to stop the situation. Only in this way can we reduce unnecessary waste
and have a rational and pure shopping condition, making our money
worthwhile. 2011年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part Ⅰ Writing (30 minutes)   注意:此部分试题在答题卡1上.   For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled
Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will by commenting on the humorous saying,
&Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I've done it hundreds of
times.& You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
范文   Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will   Sometimes, in our daily life, the easiest thing might be the most difficult
thing, as in the case of some people trying to quit smoking for hundreds of
times and still making endless efforts without any hope of success. The reason
for their failure is their lack of a strong will。   In our modern world, nothing is simple and straightforward. Something might
appear deceptively easy at first, but as we proceed on, we will find that it is
actually extremely difficult. Therefore, we must take whatever we do seriously
and be mentally prepared to make our utmost exertions. When we encounter
obstacles and setbacks, we must apply our strong willpower and persevere until
we finally succeed。   For us university students, in our academic studies or in our daily life on
campus, we might not be faced with insurmountable challenges. But we need to get
prepared, right now, to take things seriously, try to cultivate our strong will,
and be ready to pursue our goals through persistence and indefatigable will. I
believe it&s the only way we can achieve our success。   Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will   Success depends on many factors, both physical and spiritual. In my
opinion, mental factors like a strong will are far more decisive in enabling us
to achieve success. For example, despite our repeated efforts to quit smoking,
our lack of a strong will would still cause us to end up in failure。   In any of our undertakings, we should first set a goal. Some goals are
highly challenging. Without a strong will, people would give up in the middle
and they fail to achieve their goals. For those people who do succeed, they
succeed simply because they have that mental stamina which enables them to
challenge even the most insurmountable difficulties。   We often say that &Impossible is Nothing&. To make the impossible possible,
we must exercise our perseverance and strong willpower. Or, as an English
proverb goes, &If there is a will, there is a way.& Our world is becoming
increasingly competitive and only by making strong-willed efforts can we
maximize our full potential and gain competitive edges, and prevail over all
obstacles that lie in our way to success。 2011年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)   Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short
essay entitled Online Shopping. You should write at least 120 words following
the outline given below:   1. 现在网上购物已成为一种时尚   2. 网上购物有很多好处, 但也有不少问题   3. 我的建议
范文   Nowadays, can we find a person who has not experienced online shopping?
Definitely not. Online shopping is coming into fashion in most of cities due to
the rapid development of internet technology。   Online shopping is welcomed by most people due to various reasons. From the
perspective of consumer, it can save some time for people who don&t have much
spare time. Just click the mouse, they can get whatever they want while staying
at home. For the retailers, it can cut some costs for those who don&t have much
circulating funds. They don&t have to rent a house and spend money on employees
compared with the traditional trade mode. However, there are still some defects
in online shopping. First, face to face deal makes online shopping less reliable
and trustworthy. Second, people will lose the fun of bargain。   It is undeniable that shopping on the internet has become an irresistible
trend in modern society. It&s of great urgency that we need to regulate the
relative laws in accordance with the rapid growth of online shopping. Only in
this way can we enjoy the pleasure and convenience of online shopping without
the concern of being treated。 2010年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing 写作(30 minutes)   Directions:For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay
entitled How Should Parents Help Children to Be Independent? You should write at
least 150 words following the outline given below.   1. 目前不少父母为孩子包办一切   2. 为了让孩子独立, 父母应该&&   How Should Parents Help Children to Be Independent?
范文   How Should Parents Help Children to be Independent   Nowadays, there is a growing concern over such a phenomenon, that is, some
parents take care of almost everything concerned with their children, including
study, work and marriage. Some parents believe that this is love, however, it is
only to destroy children&s independence thoroughly.   For the future of the next generation, more efforts should be made by
parents to help their children to be independent. The fundamental one is to
cultivate the awareness, namely, the importance and necessity of being
independent, which is supposed to begin from childhood. Children should be
taught that no one can be stronger and more helpful than themselves in this
world.   The quality of independence is so indispensable for us that parents had
better act as a tutor, not a dictator. And only with parent's trust, can the
next generation accumulate confidence step by step. 2010年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)   注意:此部分试题在答题卡1上。   Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short
essay on the topic of Due Attention Should Be Given To Spelling. You should
write at least 120 words following the outline given below:   1. 如今不少学生在英语学习中不重视拼写   2. 出现这种情况的原因   3. 为了改变这种状况,我认为&   Due Attention Should Be Given To Spelling
范文   Due Attention Should Be Given To Spelling   Correct spelling is a basic skill in English study. However, nowadays many
students do not pay much attention to it.   They have their own reasons for misspelling. First of all, they like an
easy way of studying, which causes some omissions and changes in spelling.
Second, the teachers might not be very strict in students& spelling. In China,
teachers seem to be more concerned with grammar and vocabulary but not
spelling.   To change this situation, in my opinion, the teachers and the students
should work together. On one and, the teachers should give more attention to
students& spelling, asking the students to be conscious of the importance of
correct spelling from the very beginning of their English study. On the other
hand, the students themselves are supposed to be aware that correct spelling is
a must in English study.   To sum up, correct spelling is so important that both students and the
teachers should spare no efforts to achieve correct spelling. 2009年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)   注意:此部分试题在答题卡1上。   Directions:  For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short
essay on the topic of create a green campus. You should write at least 120 words
following the outline given below:   1.建设绿色校园十分重要   2.绿色校园不仅指绿色环境   3.为了建设绿色校园我们应该&&
范文   In recent years, extravagance and waste have become increasingly serious in
some of the university campus. We can see that papers, bottles and cans are
t food is wasted just becau clothes
are discarded simply owing to their old fashion. As a consequence, people in
mounting numbers put great emphasis on creating a green campus.   There are at least two criteria to distinguish what is green campus. On the
one hand, natural resources must be conserved and made full use of, for example,
we, as college students, should take the wise use of papers and second-hand
textbooks into account. On the other hand, education to build up thrift habits
must be promoted by relevant departments and professionals at various
levels.   Accordingly, it is necessary for us to take effective steps. For one thing,
university authorities should respond with the demand for more rigid
conservation of our natural resources, such as water, electricity, and so on.
For another, we should enhance the awareness of college students that creating a
green campus is of utmost significance to both our society and ourselves. 2009年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)   Directions:For this part, you are allowed 30 minute to write a short essay
on the topic of students selecting their lectures. You should write at least 120
words following the outline given bellow:   1.越来越多的博物馆免费对外开放的目的是什么?   2.也会带来一些问题   3.你的看法?   Free admission to museums
范文   Free Admission to Museums   Nowadays, an increasing number of museums are admission-free to visitors
home and abroad. The hidden reason behind this is not hard to analyze as there&s
a growing awareness for the authorities regarding the urgency of popularization
of culture, knowledge and history with every average person in our society. Only
with free access to this live &database&, can most people fully enjoy what
museums could offer to them.   However, free admission to museums might lead to some social problems as
well. The most obvious problem is that it might give museums a very heavy
economic burden which directly impedes the sustainable development of these
organizations. As a result, our government has to work out other ways to collect
funds from different channels, which might be difficult to operate or control.
On the other hand, free admission attracts too many visitors, some of which
might not be well-purposed and do some conscious or unconscious damage to the
valuable treasures which used to be well-preserved in the museums.   As a university student, I am in favor of the free-admission conduct. Yet
it is proposed that some measures should be taken to solve the potential
problems caused by it. For example, museums can make some regulations to guide
the behavior of visitors or set some &closed& days for museums for regular
maintenance. Only in this way can free-admission to museums become a
long-lasting phenomenon and have sustainable development. 2008年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing   作文题目:Limiting The Use of Disposable Plastic Bags   1. 一次性塑料袋曾被广泛的使用   2. 造成的问题   3. 限制使用的意义
范文   Limiting The Use of Disposable Plastic Bags   Disposable plastic bags were once widely used in China. When we went
shopping at supermarkets and departments stores, shopping assistants often
provided free plastic bags for our convenience. For a while, life without them
seemed unimaginable for most of us.   However, disposable plastic bags do bring severe damage to our environment.
Costumers usually threw them away after use, and because they are thin and hard
to decompose, these plastic products will exist for a long time. This is an
immediate threat to our earth and water.   Nowadays, the government has passed relevant regulations for limiting the
use of disposable plastic bags: they are not free any more. In some shopping
places, in order to invoke the public awareness of environmental protection,
plastic bags are offered in a much higher price. As a result, people are
changing their behavior: paper and clothing bags that vanished for a long time
come back to our daily life. It is true that by limiting its usage, everyone in
this society contributes some effort to the improvement of the environment. 2008年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part Ⅰ Writing (30 minutes)   Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write A Letter of
Apology according to the outline given below. You should write at least 120
words following the outline given below in Chinese.   1.娱乐活动多种多样   2.娱乐活动可能使人们受益,也可能有危害性   3.作为大学生,我的看法。
范文   Among various recipes one enjoys in his or her college life, recreational
activities can by no means be ignored. It is numerous activities, such as spoken
English competitions, sports events, and clubs and societies of different
interests, that help to make campus life colorful and diversified.   Facing so many interesting extracurricular activities, we college students
have trouble to choose the proper ones. As freshmen, we are confused by all
kinds of posters for students& clubs to recruit new members. There are two
opposite views about recreational activities. One says they exert positive
influence on a student&s physical and mental development, for they can explore a
student&s talent, develop a student's ability in communication, and teach them
to be more independent. While, opposite voices can also be heard by asserting
that recreational activities waste too much time, and therefore may hinder
student from focusing on his or her study.   As for me, I hold a belief that recreational activities do more good than
harm, because I have always been of the impression that as a college student, he
or she, besides the academic information, should pick up more practical skills
to be better prepared for the career development. Recreational activities do
give us a good chance. And, so long as one can arrange the time by reason,
activities besides study will definitely provide more benefit for us. 2007年12月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)   What electives to choose   1. 各大学开设了各种各样的选修课   2. 学生因为各种原因选择了不同的选修课   3. 以你自己为例&&
范文   What Electives To Choose   With the reform of Chinese higher education, more and more colleges and
universities put emphasis on nurturing students& abilities. As a result,
elective courses are available not only for excellent academic performers but
also for students about the average level.   Certainly, students have different reasons to choose their own electives.
For some, practical skills are the essence of college education, and therefore,
courses on computer science, marketing, and finance are highly preferred. On the
other hand, others may hold the idea of liberal education and electives
concerning literature, history, and philosophy are the most welcome.   Take me as an example: being a disciple of free education, I stand for the
notion that university is not a place for survival skills, but a palace of
knowledge and critical reasoning. Although my major is chemistry, the electives
I attend most frequently are English literature, an Introduction to Classic
Music, and Different Schools of Western Painting. They really widen my
horizon. 2007年6月英语四级作文真题及范文
  Directions:For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay
on the topic of Welcome to our club. You should write at least 120 words
following the outline given bellow:   欢迎辞,欢迎加入俱乐部。   标题:Welcome to our club   书写提纲:   1.表达你的欢迎;   2.对你们俱乐部作一个简要介绍。
范文   Ladies and Gentlemen,   First of all, please allow me to express the most heartfelt welcome to all
of you on behalf of our English Club. We have been looking forward to seeing you
for long. It is a wonderful day today.   Now I would like to brief my club to you since I want to leave the most
wonderful for you to discover. Our club, organizing various activities regularly
catering for the needs of participants, is well-known among many English
learners. If you want to meet native English speakers, please join us. If you
want to speak English not only accurately but also fluently, please join us. If
you want to discover the most attractive aspects in English, please join us. I
do hope that you will enjoy your journey of English study with us. Thank
you!   Sincerely Yours   Li Ming
英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
2012年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2012年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2011年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2011年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2010年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2010年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2009年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2009年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2008年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2008年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2007年12月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2007年6月四级快速阅读真题及答案
2012年12月英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
  Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning) (15 minutes)   Directions: In this part, you will have 15 minutes to go over the passage
quickly and answer the questions on Answer Sheet 1. For questions 1-7, choose
the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). For questions
8-10, complete the sentences with the information given in the passage.   The Magician   The revolution that Steve Jobs led is only just beginning   When it came to putting on a show, nobody else in the computer industry, or
any other industry for that matter, could match Steve Jobs. His product
launches, at which he would stand alone on a black stage and produce as if by
magic an &incredible& new electronic gadget (小器具)in front of an amazed crowd,
were the performances of a master showman. All computers do is fetch and work
with numbers, he once explained, but do it fast enough and &the results appear
to be magic&. Mr Jobs, who died recently aged 56, spent his life packaging that
magic into elegantly designed, easy-to-use products.   The reaction to his death, with people leaving candles and flowers outside
Apple stores and politicians singing praises on the internet, is proof that Mr
Jobs had become something much more significant than just a clever money-maker.
He stood out in three ways-as a technologist, as a corporate (公司的)leader and as
somebody who was able to make people love what had previously been impersonal,
functional gadgets. Strangely, it is this last quality that may have the deepest
effect on the way people live. The era of personal technology is in many ways
just beginning.   As a technologist, Mr Jobs was different because he was not an engineer-and
that was his great strength. Instead he was keenly interested in product design
and aesthetics (美学), and in making advanced technology simple to use. He
repeatedly took an existing but half-formed idea-the mouse-driven computer, the
digital music player, the smartphone, the tablet computer(平板电脑)-and showed the
rest of the industry how to do it properly. Rival firms competed with each other
to follow where he led. In the process he brought about great changes in
computing, music, telecoms and the news business that were painful for existing
firms but welcomed by millions of consumers.   Within the wider business world, a man who liked to see himself as a hippy
(嬉皮士), permanently in revolt against big companies, ended up being hailed by
many of those corporate giants as one of the greatest chief executives of his
time. That was partly due to his talents: showmanship, strategic vision, an
astonishing attention to detail and a dictatorial management style which many
bosses must have envied. But most of all it was the extraordinary trajectory
(轨迹)of his life. His fall from grace in the 1980s, followed by his return to
Apple in 1996 after a period in the wilderness, is an inspiration to any
businessperson whose career has taken a turn for the worse. The way in which Mr
Jobs revived the failing company he had co-founded and turned it into the
world&s biggest tech firm (bigger even than Bill Gates&s Microsoft, the company
that had outsmarted Apple so dramatically in the 1980s), sounds like something
from a Hollywood movie.   But what was perhaps most astonishing about Mr Jobs was the absolute
loyalty he managed to inspire in customers. Many Apple users feel themselves to
be part of a community, with Mr Jobs as its leader. And there was indeed a
personal link. Apple&s products were designed to accord with the boss&s tastes
and to meet his extremely high standards. Every iPhone or MacBook has his
fingerprints all over it. His great achievement was to combine an emotional
spark with computer technology, and make the resulting product feel personal.
And that is what put Mr Jobs on the right side of history, as technological
innovation (创新)has moved into consumer electronics over the past decade.   As our special report in this issue (printed before Mr Jobs&s death)
explains, innovation used to spill over from military and corporate laboratories
to the consumer market, but lately this process has gone into reverse. Many
people&s homes now have more powerful, and more flexible, devices tha consumer gadgets and online services are smarter and easier to use
than most companies& systems. Familiar consumer products are being adopted by
businesses, government and the armed forces. Companies are employing in-house
versions of Facebook and creating their own &app stores& to deliver software to
employees. Doctors use tablet computers for their work in hospitals. Meanwhile,
the number of consumers hungry for such gadgets continues to swell. Apple&s
products are now being snapped up in Delhi and Dalian just as in Dublin and
Dallas.   Mr Jobs had a reputation as a control freak (怪人), and his critics
complained that the products and systems he designed were closed and inflexible,
in the name of greater ease of use. Yet he also empowered millions of people by
giving them access to cutting-edge technology. His insistence on putting users
first, and focusing on elegance and simplicity, has become deep-rooted in his
own company, and is spreading to rival firms too. It is no longer just at Apple
that designers ask: &What would Steve Jobs do?&   The gap between Apple and other tech firms is now likely to narrow. This
week&s announcement of a new iPhone by a management team led by Tim Cook, who
replaced Mr Jobs as chief executive in August, was generally regarded as
competent but uninspiring. Without Mr Jobs to shower his star dust on the event,
it felt like just another product launch from just another technology firm. At
the recent unveiling of a tablet computer by Jeff Bezos of Amazon, whose company
is doing the best job of following Apple&s lead in combining hardware, software,
content and services in an easy-to-use bundle, there were several attacks at
Apple. But by doing his best to imitate Mr Jobs, Mr Bezos also flattered
(抬举)him. With Mr Jobs gone, Apple is just one of many technology firms trying to
arouse his uncontrollable spirit in new products.   Mr Jobs was said by an engineer in the early years of Apple to emit a
&reality distortion (扭曲)field&, such were his powers of persuasion. But in the
end he created a reality of his own, channeling the magic of computing into
products that reshaped entire industries. The man who said in his youth that he
wanted to &put a ding in the universe& did just that.   注意:此部分试题请在答题卡1上作答。   1. We learn from the first paragraph that nobody could match Steve Jobs in
.   A) intelligence C) magic power   B) showmanship D) persuasion skills   2. What did Steve Jobs do that most deeply affected people&s way of
life?   A) He invented lots of functional gadgets.   B) He kept improving computer technology.   C) He started the era of personal technology.   D) He established a new style of leadership.   3. Where did Mr Jobs&s great strength lie?   A) His profound insight about consumers& needs in general.   B) His keen interest in designing elegant and user-friendly gadgets.   C) His firm determination to win in the competition against his rivals.   D) His rich knowledge as a computer scientist and electronic engineer.   4. Many corporate giants saw Steve Jobs as .   A) one of the greatest chief executives of his time   B) a dictator in the contemporary business world   C) an unbeatable rival in the computer industry   D) the most admirable hippy in today&s world   5. For those who have suffered failures in business, Steve Jobs&s life
experience serves as .   A) a symbol C) an ideal   B) a standard D) an inspiration   6. What was the most astonishing part of Mr Jobs&s success?   A) He turned a failing company into a profitable business.   B) He set up personal links with many of his customers.   C) He commanded absolute loyalty from Apple users.   D) He left his fingerprints all over Apple products.   7. What is mentioned in this issue&s special report about innovation
nowadays?   A) It benefits civilians more than the military.   B) New products are first used in the military.   C) Many new ideas first appear on the internet.   D) It originates in the consumer market.   8. In spite of the user-friendliness of Apple products, critics complained
that they were .   9. Amazon, by having hardware, software, content and services in an
easy-to-use bundle, did the best job in following Apple&s lead.   10. By channelling the magic of computing into products, Steve Jobs had
succeeded in .
参考答案   1.B   2.C   3.B   4.A   5.D   6.C   7.C   8.closed and inflexible   9.combined   10.putting a diny in the universe 2012年6月英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
  Part Ⅱ Reading Comprehension(Skimming and Scanning)(15minutes)   Directions: In this part, you will have 15 minutes to go over the passage
quickly and answer the questions on Answer sheet 1. For questions 1-7,choose the
best answer from the four choices marked A),B),C)and D). For questions
8-10,complete the sentences with the information given in the passage.   Small Schools Rising   This year&s list of the top 100 high schools shows that today, those with
fewer students are flourishing.   Fifty years ago, they were the latest thing in educational reform: big,
modern, suburban high schools with students counted in the thousands. As baby
boomers(二战后婴儿潮时期出生的人) came of high-school age, big schools promised economic
efficiency. A greater choice of courses, and, of course, better football teams.
Only years later did we understand the trade-offs this involved: the creation of
excessive bureaucracies(官僚机构),the difficulty of forging personal connections
between teachers and students.SAT scores began dropping in 1963;today,on
average,30% of students do not complete high school in four years, a figure that
rises to 50% in poor urban neighborhoods. While the emphasis on teaching to
higher, test-driven standards as set in No Child Left Behind resulted in
significantly better performance in elementary(and some middle)schools, high
schools for a variety of reasons seemed to have made little progress.   Size isn&t everything, but it does matter, and the past decade has seen a
noticeable countertrend toward smaller schools. This has been due ,in part ,to
the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which has invested $1.8 billion in
American high schools, helping to open about 1,000 small schools-most of them
with about 400 kids each with an average enrollment of only 150 per grade, About
500 more are on the drawing board. Districts all over the country are taking
notice, along with mayors in cities like New York, Chicago and San Diego. The
movement includes independent public charter schools, such as No.1 BASIS in
Tucson, with only 120 high-schoolers and 18 graduates this year. It embraces
district-sanctioned magnet schools, such as the Talented and Gifted School, with
198 students, and the Science and Engineering Magnet,with383,which share a
building in Dallas, as well as the City Honors School in Buffalo, N.Y., which
grew out of volunteer evening seminars for students. And it includes alternative
schools with students selected by lottery(抽签),such as H-B Woodlawn in Arlington,
Va. And most noticeable of all, there is the phenomenon of large urban and
suburban high schools that have split up into smaller units of a few hundred,
generally housed in the same grounds that once boasted thousands of students all
marching to the same band.   Hillsdale High School in San Mateo, Calif, is one of those, ranking
No.423&among the top 2% in the country&on Newsweek&s annual ranking of America&s
top high schools. The success of small schools is apparent in the listings. Ten
years ago, when the first Newsweek list based on college-level test
participation was published, only three of the top 100 schools had graduating
Classes smaller than 100 students. This year there are 22. Nearly 250 schools on
the full ,Newsweek list of the top 5% of schools nationally had fewer than 200
graduates in 2007.   Although many of Hillsdale&s students came from wealthy households, by the
late 1990 average test scores were sliding and it had earned the unaffectionate
nickname (绰号) &Hillsjail. & Jeff Gilbert. A Hillsdale teacher who became
principal last year, remembers sitting with other teachers watching students
file out of a graduation ceremony and asking one another in astonishment, &How
did that student graduate?&   So in 2003 Hillsdale remade itself into three &houses,& romantically named
Florence, Marrakech and Kyoto. Each of the 300 arriving ninth graders are
randomly(随机地) assigned to one of the houses. Where they will keep the same four
core subject teachers for two years, before moving on to another for 11th and
12th grades. The closeness this system cultivates is reinforced by the
institution of &advisory& classes Teachers meet with students in groups of 25,
five mornings a week, for open-ended discussions of everything from homework
problems to bad Saturday-night dates. The advisers also meet with students
privately and stay in touch with parents, so they are deeply invested in the
students& success.&We&re constantly talking about one another&s advisers,& says
English teacher Chris Crockett. &If you hear that yours isn&t doing well in
math, or see them sitting outside the dean&s office, it&s like a personal
failure.& Along with the new structure came a more demanding academic program,
the percentage of freshmen taking biology jumped from 17 to 95.&It was rough for
some. But by senior year, two-thirds have moved up to physics,& says Gilbert
&Our kids are coming to school in part because they know there are adults here
who know them and care for them.&But not all schools show advances after
downsizing, and it remains to be seen whether smaller schools will be a cure-all
solution.   The Newsweek list of top U.S. high schools was made this year, as in years
past, according to a single metric, the proportion of students taking
college-level exams. Over the years this system has come in for its share of
criticism for its simplicity. But that is also its strength: it&s easy for
readers to understand, and to do the arithmetic for their own schools if they&d
like.   Ranking schools is always controversial, and this year a group of 38
superintendents(地区教育主管)from five states wrote to ask that their schools be
excluded from the calculation.&It is impossible to know which high schools are
&the best& in the nation, &their letter read. in part. &Determining whether
different schools do or don&t offer a high quality of education requires a look
at man different measures, including students& overall academic accomplishments
and their subsequent performance in college. And taking into consideration the
unique needs of their communities.&   In the end, the superintendents agreed to provide the data we sought, which
is, after all, public information. There is, in our view, no real dispute here,
we are all seeking the same thing, which is schools that better serve our
children and our nation by encouraging students to tackle tough subjects under
the guidance of gifted teachers. And if we keep working toward that goal,
someday, perhaps a list won&t be necessary.   注意:此部分试题请在答卡1上作答.   1. Fifty years ago. big. Modern. Suburban high schools were established in
the hope of __________.   A) ensuring no child is left behind   B) increasing economic efficiency   C) improving students& performance on SAT   D)providing good education for baby boomers   2. What happened as a result of setting up big schools?   A)Teachers& workload increased.   B)Students& performance declined.   C)Administration became centralized.   D)Students focused more on test scores.   3.What is said about the schools forded by the Bill and Melinda Gates
foundation?   A)They are usually magnet schools.   B)They are often located in poor neighborhoods.   C)They are popular with high-achieving students.   D)They are mostly small in size.   4.What is most noticeable about the current trend in high school
education?   A)Some large schools have split up into smaller ones.   B)A great variety of schools have sprung up in urban and suburban
areas.   C)Many schools compete for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds.   D)Students have to meet higher academic standards.   5.Newsweek ranked high schools according to .   A)their students& academic achievement   B)the number of their students admitted to college   C)the size and number of their graduating classes   D)their college-level test participation   6.What can we learn about Hillsdale&s students in the late 1990s?   A)They were made to study hard like prisoners.   B)They called each other by unaffectionate nicknames.   C)Most of them did not have any sense of discipline,   D)Their school performance was getting worse.   7.According to Jeff Gilbert, the &advisory& classes at Hillsdale were set
up so that students could .   A)tell their teachers what they did on weekends   B)experience a great deal of pleasure in learning   C)maintain closer relationships with their teachers   D)tackle the demanding biology and physics courses   8. is still considered a strength of Newsweek&s school ranking system in
spite of the criticism it receives_________.   9.According to the 38 superintendents, to rank schools scientifically, it
is necessary to use_________.   10.To better serve the children and our nation, schools students to
take_________ .
参考答案   1.B 2.D 3.D 4.D 5.D 6.B 7.A   8. The proportion of students taking college-level exams   9. A look at many different measures   10. tackle tough subjects under the guidance of gifted teachers 2011年12月英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
  Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)   Why Integrity Matters   What is Integrity?   The key to integrity is consistency--not only setting high personal
standards for oneself (honesty, responsibility, respect for others, fairness)
but also living up to those standards each day. One who has integrity is bound
by and follows moral and ethical standards even when making life's hard choices,
choices which may be clouded by stress, pressure to succeed, or temptation.   What happens if we lie, cheat, steal, or violate other ethical standards?
We feel disappointed in ourselves and ashamed. But a lapse of integrity also
affects our relationships with others. Trust is essential in any important
relationship, whether personal or professional. Who can trust someone who is
dishonest or unfair? Thus, integrity must be one of our most important
goals.   Risky Business   We are each responsible for our own decisions, even if the decision-making
process has been undermined by stress or peer pressure. The real test of
character is whether we can learn from our mistake, by understanding why we
acted as we did, and then exploring ways to avoid similar problems in the
future.   Making ethical decisions is a critical part of avoiding future problems. We
must learn to recognize risks, because if we can't see the risks we're taking,
we can't make responsible choices. To identify risks, we need to know the rules
and be aware of the facts. For example, one who doesn't know the rules about
plagiarism may accidentally use words or ideas without giving proper credit, or
one who fails to keep careful research notes may unintentionally fail to quote
and cite sources as required. But the fact that such a violation is
&unintentional& does not excuse the misconduct. Ignorance is not a defense.   &But Everybody Does It&   Most people who get in trouble do know the rules and facts, but manage to
fool themselves about the risks they're taking by using excuses: &Everyone else
does it,& &I'm not hurting anyone,& or &I really need this grade.& Excuses can
get very elaborate: &I know I'm looking at another's exam, even though I'm
supposed to keep my eyes on my own paper, but that's not cheating because I'm
just checking my answers, not copying.& We must be honest about our actions, and
avoid excuses. If we fool ourselves into believing we're not doing anything
wrong, we can't see the real choice we're making--and that leads to bad
decisions.   To avoid fooling yourself, watch out for excuses and try this test: Ask how
you would feel if your actions were public, and anyone could be watching over
your shoulder. Would you feel proud or ashamed of your actions? If you'd rather
hide your actions, that's a good indication that you're taking a risk and
rationalizing it to yourself.   Evaluating Risks   To decide whether a risk is worth taking, you must examine the
consequences, in the future as well as right now, negative as well as positive,
and to others as well as to yourself. Those who take risks they later regret
usually focus on immediate benefits (&what's in it for me&), and simply haven't
considered what might go wrong. The consequences of getting caught are serious,
and may include a &0& on
an &F& suspension
or d and a tarnished reputation. In
fact, when you break a rule or law, you lose control over your life, and give
others the power to impose punishment: you have no control over what that
punishment might be. This is an extremely precarious and vulnerable position.
There may be some matters of life and death, or highest principle, which might
justify such a risk, but there aren't many things that fall in this
category.   Getting Away With It--Or Not   Those who don't get caught pay an even higher price. A cheater doesn't
learn from the test, depriving him/herself of an education. Cheating undermines
confidence and independence: the cheater is a fraud, and knows that without
dishonesty, he/she would have failed. Cheating destroys self-esteem and
integrity, leaving the cheater ashamed, guilty, and afraid of getting caught.
Worst of all, a cheater who doesn't get caught the first time usually cheats
again, not only because he/she is farther behind, but also because it seems
&easier.& This slippery slope of eroding ethics and bigger risks leads only to
disaster. Eventually, the cheater gets caught, and the later he/she gets caught,
the worse the consequences. Students have been dismissed from school because
they didn't get this simple message: Honesty is the ONLY policy that works.   Cheating Hurts Others, Too   Cheaters often feel invisible, as if their actions &don't count& and don't
really hurt anyone. But individual choices have a profound cumulative effect.
Cheating can spread like a disease, and a cheater can encourage others just by
being seen from across the room. Recent statistics suggest 30% or more of
college students cheat. If a class is graded on a curve, cheating hurts others'
grades. Even if there is no curve, cheating &poisons& the classroom, and others
may feel pressured to join in. (&If I don't cheat, I can't compete with those
who do.&) Cheating also has a destructive impact on teachers. The real reward of
good teaching is seeing students learn, but ⑧.a cheater says, &I'm not
interested in what you' all I care about is stealing a grade,
regardless of the effect on others.& The end result is a blatant and destructive
attack on the quality of your education. Finally, cheating can hurt the
reputation of the University, and harm those who worked hard for their
degree.   Why Integrity Matters   If cheating becomes the norm, then we are in big trouble. ⑨.We must rely on
the honesty and good faith of others every day. If not, we couldn't put money in
the bank, buy food, clothing, or medicine from others, drive across a bridge,
get on a plane, go to the dentist--the list is endless. There are many examples
of the vast harm that is caused when individuals forget or ignore the effect
their dishonesty can have. The savings and loan scandal, the stock market and
junk bond swindles, and, of course, ⑩.Watergate, have undermined the faith of
many Americans in the integrity of political and economic leaders and society as
a whole. Such incidents take a tremendous toll on our nation's economy and our
individual well-being. For example, but for the savings and loan debacle, there
might be funds available to reduce the national debt and pay for education.   In sum, we all have a common stake in our school, our community, and our
society. Our actions do matter. It is essential that we act with integrity in
order to build the kind of world in which we want to live.   1. A person of integrity not only sets high moral and ethical standards but
also _______。   A) sticks to them in their daily life  B) makes them known to others   C) understands their true values   D) sees that others also follow them   2. What role does integrity play in personal and professional
relationships?   A) It helps to create team spirit  B) It facilitates communication   C) It is the basis of mutual trust  D) It inspires mutual respect   3. Why must we learn to identify the risks we are going to take?   A. To ensure we make responsible choices  B. To avoid being overwhelmed by
stress   C. so that we don&t break any rules  D. so that we don&t run into
trouble   4. Violation of a rule is misconduct even if _______   A. it has caused no harm   B. it is claimed to be unintentional   C. it has gone unnoticed   D. it is committed with good intentions   5. What should one do if he doesn&t wish to fool himself?   A. Avoid making excuses   B. Listen to other people&s advice   C. Make his intensions public   D. Have others watch over his shoulder   6. Those who take risks they regret later on _______。   A. will often become more cautious  B. are usually very aggressive   C. value immediate benefits most  D. may lose everything in the end   7. According to the author, a cheater who doesn&t get caught right away
will _______   A. pay more dearly   B. become more confident   C. be widely admired D. feel somewhat lucky   8. Cheaters at exam don&t care about their education, all they care about
is how to _______   9. Integrity matters in that all social activities rely on people&s
_________________________   10. Many Americans lost faith in the integrity of their political leaders
as a result of _______
参考答案   1. A) sticks to them in their daily life   2. C) It is the basis of mutual trust。   3. A) To ensure we make responsible choices。   4. B) it is claimed to be unintentional   5. A) Avoid making excuses。   6. C) value immediate benefits most   7. A) pay more dearly   8. Cheaters at exam don&t care a all they care about
is how to steal a grade。   9. Integrity matters in that all social activities rely on people&s honesty
and good faith。   10. Many Americans lost faith in the integrity of their political leaders
as a result of the Watergate scandal。 2011年6月英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
  Part II Reading Comprehension(Skimming and Scanning) (15 minutes)   Directions: In this part, you will have 15 minutes to go over the passage
quickly and answer the questions on Answer Sheet 1. For questions 1-7, choose
the best answer from the four choices marked [A], [B], [C] and [D]. For
questions 8-10, complete the sentences with the information given in the
passage.   British Cuisine: the Best of Old and New   British cuisine (烹饪) has come of age in recent years as chefs (厨师) combine
the best of old and new.   Why does British food have a reputation for being so bad? Because it is
bad! Those are not the most encouraging words to hear just before eating lunch
at one of Hong Kong&s smartest British restaurants, Alfie&s by KEE, but head
chef Neil Tomes has more to say.   &The past 15 years or so have been a noticeable period of improvement for
food in England,& the English chef says, citing the trend in British cuisine for
better ingredients, preparation and cooking methods, and more appealing
presentation. Chefs such as Delia Smith, Nigel Slater, Jamie Oliver and Gordon
Ramsay made the public realise that cooking&and eating&didn&t have to be a
boring thing. And now, most of the British public is familiar even with the
extremes of Heston Blumenthal&s molecular gastronomy, a form of cooking that
employs scientific methods to create the perfect dish.   &It&s no longer the case that the common man in England is embarrassed to
show he knows about food,& Tomes says.   There was plenty of room for improvement. The problems with the nation&s
cuisine can be traced back to the Second World War. Before the War, much of
Britain&s food was imported and when German U-boats began attacking ships
bringing food to the country, Britain went on rations (配给).   &As rationing came to an end in the 1950s, technology picked up and was
used to mass-produce food,& Tomes says. &And by then people were just happy to
have a decent quantity of food in their kitchens.&   They weren&t looking for cured meats, organic produce or beau they were looking for whatever they could get their hands on, and
this prioritisation of quantity over quality prevailed for decades, meaning a
generation was brought up with food that couldn&t compete with neighbouring
France, Italy, Belgium or Spain.   Before star chefs such as Oliver began making cooking fashionable, it was
hard to find a restaurant in London that was open after 9pm. But in recent years
the capital&s culinary (烹饪的) scene has developed to the point that it is now
confident of its ability to please the tastes of any international visitor.   With the opening of Alfie&s in April, and others such as The Pawn, two
years ago, modern British food has made its way to Hong Kong.&With British food,
I think that Hong Kong restaurants are keeping up,& says David Tamlyn, the Welsh
executive chef at The Pawn in Wan Chai. &Hong Kong diners are extremely
responsive to new ideas or presentations, which is good news for new
dishes.&   Chefs agree that diners in Hong Kong are embracing the modern British
trend. Some restaurants are modifying the recipes(菜谱) of British dishes to
breathe new life into the classics, while others are using better quality
ingredients but remaining true to British traditions and tastes.   Tamlyn is in the second camp.&We select our food very particularly. We use
US beef, New Zealand lamb and for our custards (牛奶蛋糊) we use Bird&s Custard
Powder,& Tamlyn says.&Some restaurants go for custard made fresh with eggs,
sugar and cream, but British custard is different, and we stay true to
that.&   Matthew Hill, senior manager at the two-year-old SoHo restaurant Yorkshire
Pudding, also uses better ingredients as a means of improving dishes.&There are
a lot of existing perceptions about British food and so we can&t alter these too
much. We&re a traditional British restaurant so there are some staples (主菜) that
will remain essentially unchanged.&   These traditional dishes include fish and chips, steak and kidney pie and
large pieces of roasted meats. At Alfie&s, the newest of the British restaurants
in town and perhaps the most gentlemen&s club-like in design, Neil Tomes
explains his passion for provenance(原产地).&Britain has started to become really
proud of the food it&s producing. It has excellent organic farms, beautifully
crafted cheeses, high-quality meats.&   However, the British don&t have a history of exporting their foodstuffs,
which makes it difficult for restaurants in Hong Kong to source authentic
ingredients.   &We can get a lot of our ingredients once a week from the UK,& Tamlyn
explains. &But there is also pressure to buy local and save on food miles, which
means we take our vegetables from the local markets, and there are a lot that
work well with British staples.&   The Phoenix, in Mid-Levels, offers the widest interpretation of &British
cuisine&, while still trying to maintain its soul. The gastro-pub has existed in
various locations in Hong Kong since 2002. Singaporean head chef Tommy Teh Kum
Chai offers daily specials on a blackboard, rather than sticking to a menu. This
enables him to reinterpret British cuisine depending on what is available in the
local markets.   &We use a lot of ingredients that people wouldn&t perhaps associate as
British, but are presented in a British way. Bell peppers stuffed with couscous,
alongside ratatouille, is a very popular dish.&   Although the ingredients may not strike diners as being traditional, they
can be found in dishes across Britain.   Even the traditional chefs are aware of the need to adapt to local tastes
and customs, while maintaining the Britishness of their cuisine.   At Yorkshire Pudding, Hill says that his staff asks diners whether they
would like to share their meals. Small dishes, shared meals and&mixing it up& is
not something commonly done in Britain, but Yorkshire Pudding will bring full
dishes to the table and offer individual plates for each diner.&That way, people
still get the presentation of the dishes as they were designed, but can carve
them up however they like,& Hill says.   This practice is also popular at The Pawn, although largely for
rotisseries(烤肉馆), Tamlyn says.&Some tables will arrive on a Sunday, order a
whole chicken and a shoulder of lamb or a baby pig, and just stay for hours
enjoying everything we bring out for them.&   Some British traditions are too sacred(神圣的) to mess with, however, Tomes
says.&I&d never change a full English breakfast.&   注意:此部分试题请在答题卡1上作答; 8-10题在答题卡1上。   1. What is British food generally known for?   [A] Its unique flavour. [C] Its special cooking methods.   [B] Its bad taste. [D] Its organic ingredients.   2. The Second World War led to ______ in Britain.   [A] an inadequate supply of food [C] an increase in food import   [B] a decrease of grain production [D] a change in people&s eating
habits   3. Why couldn&t Britain compete with some of its neighbouring countries in
terms of food in the post-war decades?   [A] Its food lacked variety. [C] It was short of well-trained chefs.   [B] Its people cared more for quantity. [D] It didn&t have flavourful food
ingredients.   4. With culinary improvement in recent years, London&s restaurants are now
able to appeal to the tastes of ______.   [A] most young people [C] all kinds of overseas visitors   [B] elderly British diners [D] upper-class customers   5. What do Hong Kong diners welcome, according to Welsh executive chef
David Tamlyn?   [A] Authentic classic cuisine. [C] New ideas and presentations.   [B] Locally produced ingredients. [D] The return of home-style dishes.   6. While using quality ingredients, David Tamlyn insists that the dishes
should ______.   [A] benefit people&s health [C] be offered at reasonable prices   [B] look beautiful and inviting [D] maintain British traditional tastes   7. Why does Neil Tomes say he loves food ingredients from Britain?   [A] They appeal to people from all over the world. [C] They are processed
in a scientific way.   [B] They are produced on excellent organic farms. [D] They come in a great
variety.   8. Tamlyn says that besides importing ingredients from Britain once a week,
his restaurant also buys vegetables from
_____________________________________________.   9. The Phoenix in Mid-Levels may not use British ingredients, but presents
its dishes ______________________________.   10. Yorkshire Pudding is a restaurant which will bring full dishes to the
table but offer plates to those diners who would like to
__________________________________________________.
参考答案   1. B. Its bad taste   2. A. an inadequate supply of production   3. B. Its people cared more for quantity   4. C. all kinds of overseas visitors   5. C. New ideas and presentations   6. D. maintain British traditional tastes   7. B. They are produced on excellent organic farms   8. the local markets   9. in a British way   10. share their meals 2010年12月英语四级快速阅读真题及答案
  Part II Reading Comprehension快速阅读(Skimming and Scanning) (15 minutes)   A Grassroots Remedy   Most of us spend our lives seeking the natural world. To this end, we walk
the dog, play golf, go fishing, sit in the garden, drink outside rather than
inside the pub, have a picnic, live in the suburbs, go to the seaside, buy a
weekend place in the country. The most popular leisure activity in Britain is
going for a walk. And when joggers (慢跑者) jog, they don&t run the streets. Every
one of them instinctively heads to the park or the river. It is my profound
belief that not only do we all need nature, but we all seek nature, whether we
know we are doing so or not.   But despite this, our children are growing up nature-deprived (丧失). I spent
my boyhood climbing trees on Streatham Common, South London. These days,
children are robbed of these ancient freedoms, due to problems like crime,
traffic, the loss of the open spaces and odd new perceptions about what is best
for children, that is to say, things that can be bought, rather than things that
can be found.   The truth is to be found elsewhere. A study in the US: families had moved
to better housing and the children were assessed for ADHD&attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder (多动症). Those whose accommodation had more natural views
showed an improvement of 19%; those who had the same improvement in material
surroundings but no nice view improved just 4%.   A study in Sweden indicated that kindergarten children who could play in a
natural environment had less illness and greater physical ability than children
used only to a normal playground. A US study suggested that when a school gave
children access to a natural environment, academic levels were raised across the
entire school.   Another study found that children play differently in a natural
environment. In playgrounds, children create a hierarchy (等级) based on physical
abilities, with the tough ones taking the lead. But when a grassy area was
planted with bushes, the children got much more into fantasy play, and the
social hierarchy was now based on imagination and creativity.   Most bullying (恃强凌弱) is found in schools where there is a tarmac (柏油碎石) the least bullying is in a natural area that the children are
encouraged to explore. This reminds me unpleasantly of Sunnyhill School in
Streatham, with its harsh tarmac, where I used to hang about in corners
fantasising about wildlife.   But children are frequently discouraged from involvement with natural
spaces, for health and safety reasons, for fear that they might get dirty or
that they might cause damage. So, instead, the damage is done to the children
themselves: not to their bodies but to their souls.   One of the great problems of modern childhood is ADHD, now increasingly and
expensively treated with drugs. Yet one study after another indicates that
contact with nature gives huge benefits to ADHD children. However, we spend
money on drugs rather than on green places.   The life of old people is measurably better when they have access to
nature. The increasing emphasis for the growing population of old people is in
quality rather than quantity of years. And study after study finds that a garden
is the single most important thing in finding that quality.   In wider and more difficult areas of life, there is evidence to indicate
that natural surroundings improve all kinds of things. Even problems with crime
and aggressive behaviour are reduced when there is contact with the natural
world.   Dr William Bird, researcher from the Royal Society for the Protection of
Birds, states in his study, &A natural environment can reduce violent behaviour
because its restorative process helps reduce anger and impulsive behaviour.&
Wild places need encouraging for this reason, no matter how small their
contribution.   We tend to look on nature conservation as some kind of favour that human
beings are granting to the natural world. The error here is far too deep: not
only do humans need nature for themselves, but the very idea that humanity and
the natural world are separable things is profoundly damaging.   Human beings are a species of mammals (哺乳动物). For seven million years they
lived on the planet as part of nature. Our ancestral selves miss the natural
world and long for contact with non-human life. Anyone who has patted a dog,
stroked a cat, sat under a tree with a pint of beer, given or received a bunch
of flowers or chosen to walk through the park on a nice day, understands
that.   We need the wild world. It is essential to our well-being, our health, our
happiness. Without the wild world we are not more but less civilised

我要回帖

更多关于 960m能玩孤岛惊魂5吗 的文章

随机推荐