dota奥斯丁照片女朋友

DOTA2华裔选手EE女友 博客透露上海特锦赛亲身经历(全文)_爱玩网_网易
DOTA2华裔选手EE女友 博客透露上海特锦赛亲身经历(全文)
易竞技前言:近日DOTA圈节奏不断,相信玩家们都有一波未平一波又起的感觉,显然这波节奏还没有停,今天(3月10日)冬季赛的现场翻译helen XU(EE女友)发长文写出自己在冬季赛的亲身经历,文中helen XU提到了一些更细节的冬季赛问题,下面我们就看看具体内容吧。DOTA2贴吧iian翻译:大家好我是Helen Xu,主要从事dota2赛事的翻译工作,过去几年中我参加了Ti3、4 、5、 MLG、&红牛、 Nanyang杯和法兰克福特锦赛的翻译,转播工作。我是以翻译的身份被邀请参加上海特锦赛,但后来被派去做兼职主持和其他一些事情。我接下来的叙述为本人亲身经历,虽然有点害怕以为这些内容导致主办方记恨我,我还是想说出来,因为虽然其他赛事也有瑕疵,但都无法与上海特锦赛相比。让我们从工作人员的邀请说起,之前也有其他人说起赛事邀请工作人员的问题,但是我要说的是,首先我和我的朋友jack 根本就没进入这次特锦赛翻译邀请人员的名单(完美的工作人员确认了)。我当时有点懵,我参加过这么多次DOTA2 赛事为啥不要我。。我朋友jack在esl是已经在主转播台上解说了,为啥不要我们呢。后来由于各方压力我和jack终于获得了邀请,但是给我们的日薪是每天500RMB,是我以前日薪的三分之一,但是我还是很开心,钱不重要,关键是参加特锦赛机会。就算白干我也会去。(楼主觉得可能是因为EEsama去所以白干也去)。飞了12个小时才到上海,看到很多老朋友很高兴。得知第二天早上7:30要陪所有外国队照相,但是照相竟然不是安排在酒店,开车不堵35分钟,堵车一个小时。我又有点懵,完美没跟我说啊,coL直接拒绝去那么早,以为把他们排在第一个照相,还是MVP的队员老实,8点第一个到了,coL被重新安排到了后面。果然会哭的孩子有奶吃啊,结果这只是开始而已,后来几天跟完美工作人员的对接越来越不顺利,有点屁儿事儿都要追着他们问。小组赛阶段有很多延误,原因有很多,我印象深刻的有两个,一个是秘密队伍在前一天调试完所有设备后,第二天比赛前被要求换对战房,因为完美和转播把另外一个对战房设置为主要转播机位。换了之后,语音系统一直有问题。电脑的系统也不是英文系统,重装了系统后还不装驱动程序,其他语音软件业不好使,因为windows service pack的问题,总之就是搞不定,装电脑的师傅虽然人不错,很勤快,但是没人记得他的名字。另外一个是雪碧队对VG的时候长时间暂停,我只是从旁边经过就被转进去做机器调试人员的翻译,总之是一个5个人一起搞了一个小时才搞定。关于机器调试的问题,很多人记得Mushi被采访时,后面有个男人在骂街,其实是完美的高层在骂工作人员,说他不想听调试人员的解释。但其实后来大家都管这个高层人叫无能队长,因为他其实啥忙都没帮上。他骂街失态后的第二天,想把所有队伍的领队叫到一起,跟大家公开道歉,但是是晚上11点哦。后来别人劝他算了,但其实大家也不太需要他的道歉。下面聊keytv,所有keytv的工作人员都不会英文,但是需要他们配合的第三方邀请人员,都只说英语。所以偶尔很尴尬,例如主持人说下面请切回解说台,然后大家都要愣5秒,等人翻译然后镜头才会被切走。当keytv最后一天早上7点半被通知滚蛋的时候,他们显示跟Valve的工作人员沟通,到了8点半确定必须滚蛋的时候,他们带走了所有器材,并且keytv的负责人把一些英文直播流程,演稿当着我们的面都撕了,说这是他们的工作成果。因为这些都是另外一位翻译Bonnie翻译的,而Bonnie是为他们工作的。他们还希望Bonnie跟他们一起走,Bonnie表示要留下。后来的英文转播都是靠 Bruno(穿的很显眼的数据哥) Thad 以及其他英文解说帮忙才维持住的。虽然他们能使用的器材比keytv带走的还差。 第二天又来了一个中文转播团队,带了一些新的麦克风,但也就没有什么其他的了。淘汰赛开始之前的休息日,按照计划应该有演练的,直播演练时早上7点开始,技术演练时下午3点,活动演练时下午7点。但是在下午6点我得知技术演练还没开始,所以所有演练统统取消了。主赛事第一天,早上8点半我到了会场后,告诉我没给我安排通行证, 一个完美的工作人员带我进入场馆后,我就只能在化妆间待着,一待就是2个小时。虽然有其他翻译,但是我发现按照排班,全天比赛的赛后采访都是我作翻译,我朋友Jack被拉去作为英语主播,也是全天排班。我反映了排班不合理的问题,负责人同意更改,但只能从第二天开始改排班。大家应该还记得,第一天赛事结束时凌晨2点。 Jack告诉我她合作的一个完美雇用的主播必须在下午5点离开,因为她晚上还有其他广播工作,所以她离开后,我就要顶替她的工作。因为第一天赛事延误,那个主播播了一场比赛就走了。我懵了,因为我不习惯上大舞台做主持工作,还好有jack帮我,希望我紧张得表现没影响到观众。虽然我和jack被要求顶班,加班,我俩仍觉得这对我们是锻炼。完美刚开始也没说要给我们加薪,后来还是valve的工作人员反映了我们薪水过低。 结果第三天要结束的时候,一个工作人员让我上台宣布场馆要清场,我不是很想在选手访问后直接宣布清场 ,我旁边的一个valve的工作人员仗义相助,他觉得让我宣布这个不合情理,问是哪个领导要求的。得知是精灵Anderson的意思。这件事让我很担忧,很感谢那位valve工作人员。虽然上海特锦赛有诸多瑕疵,但对于每个参与人员都是宝贵的经验。写这篇长微薄主要是跟大家分享我看到的不足,希望今后能有所改善。我不知道Valve,完美和其他主办方在微博发布后会怎么看。但是我觉得应该谈谈亲身经历。感谢所有为这次赛事努力工作的人们,感谢支持DOTA2并饱含热情的粉丝。特别需要点赞的是Valve的工作 Thad Sharon 和Bruno 完美的Jasper ROC Peter 和 Zeal,Marstv的Danny Azi Langzi Mien Yuan Director。还要感谢BTS的 Rob Bryan所有翻译同仁,领队,Steph Ryan Sean 以及我的好友Jack。EE和helen XUhelen XU英文原文:For those who don’t know, I am Helen “XiiTuzi” Xu and I work as a freelance translator for
events. I worked at many events in the past few years, including TI3 to 5, MLG Columbus, Redbull Battleground, Nanyang, Frankfurt Major and more. I attended Shanghai Major as a translator, but ended being a part-time host and helped with managing some of the issues later on. Things I’m about to write are my first hand experiences of this event and I hope to share with you. Honestly it’s a scary thing for me to do, because I’m really afraid that tournament organizers will dislike me for this and won’t invite me to future tournaments. Other tournaments had problems too but I felt the need to write about this tournament in particular because the problems are on a different scale.Let’s start with invites. People talked about talent invites so you can dig that up yourself, but originally Jack and I were not on the translators invite list (this was confirmed by a Perfect World staff). It was bizarre to me that I wasn’t invited because I have the most experience working at Chinese events. Jack was the on-stage interpreter for ESL ONE New York, Frankfurt Major and the last MDL. Jack and I were added to the list later on after people from the community talked to PW. When I saw the invite email, it said my daily salary would be 500RMB/day, that’s a third of my normal salary rate and all translators were to be paid 500RMB/day. I ignored that because I was so happy that I can be a part of the event, even if PW were to pay me nothing I would’ve still went, considering that I wasn’t even invited in the first place.Upon arrival to Shanghai I was happy to finally land after a 12-hour flight from San Francisco and to see familiar faces. I arrived late at night to find out media days begin the next morning with first team leaving at 7:30AM. I was told that I would be needed to help with western teams, but the managers weren’t even notified about this beforehand. The photo-shoot location was a 35-minute drive away without traffic (an hour during peak hours) but normally these kinds of shoots are done within the hotel where players are staying. Complexity was scheduled as the first team but they refused to go that early, so they were scheduled to a later time of the day. MVP actually left the hotel at 8AM the next day. Information was given at a very slow rate and if information was wrong or changed we normally have to chase after PW staff for the correct ones.Group stage matches were often delayed due to technically difficulties. The two incidents I remember very clearly were Secret switching rooms and Spirit audio issues. Secret had their gears in one of the battle room the night before and tested everything except audio. One would assume with gears already set up match would start on time, but Secret was asked to switch to a different room for their first match because PW and production made a mistake of which game would be casted on main stream. During the match Secret had audio issues with the intercom system, where you can hear yourself talking or weird loud noises randomly. Window system for everyone was in Chinese, but western players requested to have English versions installed so the tech team reinstalled the systems but with bootleg copies and no drivers were installed. The intercom system they used for the event was very faulty but even so, most teams did not use Team Speak during the event because of Service Pack issues from reinstallation of Windows and no drivers were pre-installed. According to the tech dude the intercom system sometimes damages the files on SSD (he’s really cool but I didn’t catch his name, everyone around just called him 师傅 shi fu).For Spirit vs. Vici, the game was already paused for 20 minutes by the time I walked pass their battle room and got grabbed in to help translate. Under frustration with the intercom system, Team Spirit switched to Team Speak and Iceb it literally took 5 people an hour to fix the issue. Relating to the intercom issue, I’m sure many of you remember that loud screaming in the background during Mushi’s interview. In the middle of the interview someone screamed really loudly in Chinese and everyone just got startled. I found out after that it was one of the PW higher ups screaming at the intercom tech guy, saying that he doesn’t want to hear any more problems. Other staffs gave him the nickname Captain Useless because he gave 0 contribution to helping situations. The day after screaming, he wanted to call all the team managers into a meeting at 11PM, just so he can “formally apologize,” some PW staffs talked him out of it because seriously who gives a fuck about him in the first place.Before talking about English production for Shanghai Major, I want to give you a background of KeyTV and Nanyang Cup English production. KeyTV consisted of Chinese speaking staff, while talents only speak English. There were awkward transitions where the panel would say “let’s hand it off to the casters” and the camera doesn’t cut to casters until 5 seconds later. The reason for this was that whenever the production team gave a queue to the talents or vice versa, a translator translated the message to the other party, making communication extremely inefficient and confusing.When KeyTV came in to the Shanghai Major, they said the equipment provided was bad and so they brought in some of their own, mainly wireless headsets. During the first two days of group stage, there were already conflicts between KeyTV, MarsTV, PW and Valve. Person in charge of KeyTV refused to talk to anyone from the MarsTV production team, and whenever a problem needed to be solved a PW or Valve staff would have to step in to supervise. Keep in mind that only the Chinese stream has immediate access to player camera feeds during matches, so it was crucial that other streams keep in touch with MarsTV, who was doing the Chinese production.This happened around 8:30AM and streams needed to be live before 9AM. When KeyTV were initially told that they would no longer be responsible for English production around 7:30AM, they lingered around trying to talk to Valve staffs, ultimately KeyTV were told to leave and when they finally left, they took all their equipment with them. On top of that the person in charge of KeyTV ripped some documents (mainly English versions of rundown and schedules) in front of us, claiming that those were “their work” because Bonnie translated those and Bonnie worked for them. They were even pushing Bonnie to leave with them, but I’m glad she decided to stay and help. After KeyTV left, English production team on that day consisted of Thad and Bruno from Valve, Bonnie, Rob and Bryan from BTS, and a sound guy we borrowed from MarsTV. Talents and casters used worse equipment than what KeyTV had. The next day another group of Chinese production came in to take over and we got better microphones, but that was pretty much it. Bonnie still had to translate for the production team.During the two break days after group stage, I was told that there would be rehearsal on the day before main event. Production teams were to go to the venue at 7AM to set up, technical rehearsal at 3PM then general rehearsal at 7PM. It was around 6PM when I got notified that technical rehearsal didn’t even happen yet. So guess what, rehearsal was cancel all together.First day of main event, I showed up at the venue at 8:30AM but was told that I won’t have a badge. A PW staff took me inside the venue and left me at the make up room. I was stuck there for at least 2 hours. Although there were several other translators available, I found out I was scheduled for translating post match interviews the entire day, while Jack were to sub in for the need of an English host, also the entire day for the whole event. I immediately told whoever made the schedule that it was more reasonable to spread out the responsibilities amongst all the translators hired. He agreed and made changes, only for the next days (a reminder that day 1 of main event ended around 2AM). Then not long after, Jack told me that the stage host PW hired needed to leave after 5PM on weekdays for her radio job, so I would need sub in as the Chinese host after she leaves. Due to heavy delay of matches, she only did one post match interview that first day since the first series ended around 3PM. This was completely out of my comfort zone. I was extremely nervous about the job and felt very uncomfortable being thrown into that position on the spot. Luckily for me I had my buddy Jack going through this with me. Neither of us had any real hosting experience so I hope we didn’t do a horrible job on stage. We tried helping each other with writing questions and watched out for each other.Workday hours for many people this event was from 7AM to 3AM and on the first day of the main event after everything ended, there weren’t enough shuttles to take all of us back to the hotel. The Russian production and some of us translators had to wait outside the venue at 2:40AM for shuttles to return from the previous trip to pick us up.Even when Jack and I were asked to sub in for host and help with other duties that weren’t meant for translators to do, we did those because it was an opportunity for us and we care about the event running smoothly. However that didn’t mean we should be doing extra work for the salary we were going to be paid. PW never talked to us about a raise, it was Valve staffs that brought up how Jack and I were underpaid. I felt really abused during the third day of the event, it was almost time to clear out the venue, a staff came by the make up room to let me know that I was supposed to make the announcement of kicking people out of the venue. I was completely puzzled and had no idea why they would want me to make that announcement on stage right after the interview. A Valve staff next to me immediately said no, and asked whose idea was it for me to do such a thing. The staff replied, “Anderson said Xixi (my Chinese name) can do it.” I felt really abused that day, but honestly I would’ve done what they asked me to if the Valve staff didn’t stop them, so I’m really grateful to her for standing up for me.Moving onto the stage. The venue was huge and the stage looked amazing, but that didn’t mean there were no issues. I remember after the first interview with Kuroky, the lights dimmed so stage area was pitch dark, I was wearing super high heels and I couldn’t find my way down the stage in the dark because it was impossible to see where the stairs were. I waited for Kuro to finish packing then he tested for steps to get off stage and helped me walk down. The edge of the stage that lights up were plastic pieces glued together and whenever someone stepped on the parts that were glued together these pieces sunk in a little. I fell later that day and after that every time I get off the stage after an interview, two MarsTV staff waited by the stage to help me down. On the fourth day of the event they waxed the stage. I have no idea why anyone would do that but it was extremely slippery and people slipping were a big concern.By the fourth day of the event, only 4 translators had badges that let you enter the venue. Having only a few translators at the venue also meant that our responsibilities got heavier. At this point translators were responsible for stage duties, part-time hosting, subtitling the videos for Chinese and English production and helping teams out when there are issues, and there seem to always be issues. On top of that the badges only allow access on the ground floor. What does that mean? It means we can’t go up to the suites and we can’t even go into the audience. I love watching games in the crowd with everyone else. I love the hype and energy. Jack and I used normal event tickets to watch 2 games of the upper bracket final between Secret and Liquid, and we had to walk at least 10 minutes all the way around the venue to do that, when there were elevators and doors literally a minute away from backstage. One of the translators Josh literally gave up on coming to the venue because he was sick of sneaking around. And on the last day I got stopped on my way to the stage area even though I had a backstage badge. Not to mention previous days I walked around without a badge, why didn’t these guards do their job then?Despite all the things that went wrong for Shanghai Major, it is a valuable lesson for everyone involved. The purpose of writing about it is to share with you what I saw went wrong from my eyes, hoping for future events that everything will improve. I’m not sure what Valve, Perfect World or other tournament organizers will think of me after this blog is released, but I think it is the right thing to tell the world my experience at this event. To everyone who worked really hard at Shanghai Major, thank you for caring about the community and having passion for the game we all love. Lastly a big shout out to Thad Sharon Bruno from Valve, Jasper ROC Peter Zeal from Perfect World, Danny Azi Langzi Mien Yuan Director from MarsTV, Rob Bryan from BTS, all the English talents, all the translators and team nannies, Steph Ryan Sean, and my buddy Jack.
本文来源:易竞技
&&&作者:vino
&&&责任编辑:李志谦_NY3935
你可能感兴趣:
48小时评论排行
新游测试表
执行主编:王欣_NG1662
用微信扫描二维码分享至好友和朋友圈

我要回帖

更多关于 奥斯丁dota直播 的文章

随机推荐