Ys I amp;II Chronicles+有poweramp汉化破解版吗

Ys I & II Chronicles Original Soundtrack专辑_Ys I & II Chronicles Original SoundtrackFalcom Sound Team jdk_在线试听 - 虾米音乐
Ys I & II Chronicles Original SoundtrackイースI&IIクロニクルズ?オリジナル?サウンド?トラック / 伊苏 1&2
唱片公司:
发行时间:
专辑类别:
原声带、影视音乐
我的评价:
Falcom Sound Team jdk专辑介绍:Yet another remake of Falcom's Ys I & II was made in 2009, this time for the PSP. For several reasons, however, this remake was more special than the majority preceding it. First and foremost, Falcom itself was responsible for the development, whereas most other console ports were handled by external developers. This ensured a high quality production that nevertheless remained faithful to the original. This also applied to the soundtrack and arranger Yukihiro Jindo did his best to ensure Ys I & II Chronicles featured the definitive version of the Ys I & II score. This two disc soundtrack release reflects that he largely succeeded.
Love it or hate it, the Ys I & II Chronicles soundtrack wouldn't be legitimate without an arrangement of "Feena". Following a choral opening, Yukihiro Jindo's orchestration moves into a mellow woodwind-based passage that recounts the melody in a typical sentimental way. By the second minute, it's clear that this arrangement is actually a deep one, as Akiko Nagano offers a much more poignant violin interpretation of the melody, leading to a fulfilling orchestral buildup and a mesmerising suspension. The subsequent Ys I Chronicles opening theme provides a more cinematic interpretation of the theme, building from a modest harmonica solo to a dramatic climax that exposes a darker element to the storyline. Whereas the "Feena" arrangements take an expansive approach, Jindo strips "Tears of Sylph" down to its bare bones & a pensive woodwind melody against soft piano arpeggios. Though musically simple, the arrangement works as it reinforces the modest and innocent qualities of Yuzo Koshiro's original, and hence portrays the main character fittingly.
Moving to he dungeon themes, "Palace" is one of the most ambient additions to the soundtrack. However, Jindo still ensures it is immersive experience with its gorgeous solo violin performance and the mesmerising piano wanderings. It's quite an experience to glide through the shrine to the accompaniment of this arrangement. "Palace of Destruction", on the other hand, shows what happens when the dungeon springs to life. It's exactly what fans who played the game back in 1987 could only dream of & a well-produced band performance offering a melodic focus, a gritty backing, and plenty of liberation during the solos. Less appealing is the rocking interpretation of Darm Tower's "Tower of the Shadow of Death", given the imbalance of the rock elements and cello motifs. It still has its moments, but isn't quite a classic anymore. Fortunately, the arrangement of the upper floor's "The Last Moment of the Dark" is spot on and totally sinister. The chord progressions sound darker than before with their presentation on dense strings while the understated choral element brings out the malice.
Despite the dark and sad undertones of the soundtrack, Ys I is still a light-hearted experience and this is reflected by many arrangements. For example, the town theme "Fountain of Love" sounds peppier than ever with its Dragon Quest-inspired classicisms, while "The Syonin" brings a much-needed silliness to the experience with its honkytonk influences. "First Step Towards Wars" proves a surprising overworld theme given its light rock influence, yet the original melody and arrangement are so adventurous that they're a surprisingly good fit. However, Jindo reserves the hardest rock pieces on the soundtrack for the battle themes. Masaru Teramae's extravagant guitar solo from 0:41 brings a lot of attitude and hostility to "Holders of Power". The final battle theme, on the other hand, is more of a light rock performance intended to motivate at the climax of the game. Perhaps most surprisingly and controversially, the Ys I selection ends with a vocal arrangement of "See You Again" entitled "Victory!!". The arrangement is based on that of Falcom Special Box '97, but the youthful Kanako Kotera offers a new performance.
Moving to the Ys II Chronicles soundtrack, Jindo opens things on a rocking note with "To Make the End of Battle". The arrangement takes longer than most to expose the opening hook, but soon makes Ys fans ecstatic. The track also receives a extended band performance at the end of the soundtrack. Elsewhere there are some refreshing deviations from the formats established on Ys I Chronicles in this soundtrack. For example, the perky fantasy-inspired interpretation of the title theme "Lilia" is a refreshing departure of the sentimental "Feena", whereas the town themes "Too Full With Love" and "Tender People" are considerably more sedate than their counterpart. There are a range of more experimental arrangements too, such as the entrancing "Companile of Lane", the eerily soundscaped "Cavern of Rasteene", and the tribal-influenced "Colony of Lava". Finally, "Palace of Salmon" is a refreshing departure from the rock tracks with its upbeat Spanish guitar work. It's still peppered by some orchestral passages and electric guitar chords to maintain that Ys sound, but still sounds very novel and catchy with its flamenco focus.
The Ys II Chronicles features an even more substantial rock influence than in its predecessor. There are many highlights, ranging from the slightly surreal piano-decorated interpretation of "Protecters", to the racing synth rock fest "Over Drive", or the heavy metal jam "Moat of Burnedbless". Howver, perhaps the biggest transformation is Ys II Eternal's "Battle Ground", which takes everything that was good about the original and makes its ten times better. Once again, the focus is placed on a catchy melody, which becomes rather disorientating with its fast-paced repetition. However, it is presented in a much more compelling way: studio-recorded electric guitars take the lead instead of mid-90s synth, Kotaro Hatanaka's drum kit is harder than before and introduces some cross-rhythms, and there are much-needed reflective interlude and guitar solos before the loop. For the final battle "Termination" fittingly returns to its rock routes following the hyper-epic approach of Ys Origin. The soundtrack ends with a spiritual interpretation of "Feena" and an enjoyable rock vocal interpretation of the ending theme.
Overall, the Ys I & II Chronicles Original Soundtrack is the definitive version of Ys I & II music for those wanting more than the originals. Yukihiro Jindo knows exactly how to interpret the originals so they are both immersive in the game and appealing to stand-alone listeners. Whether handling cinematic orchestrations, haunting ambient themes, or rocking action music, he seems to get it right and bring the series' music to the modern age. Jindo realizes that overarranging the soundtracks would alienate hardcore fans and lose the modest quality inherent to their original impact. However, he still uses modern technology to enhance so many pieces with rich sampled orchestrations and powerful band performances. Those looking for an introduction to the series' classic music would be wise to use this remake soundtrack as a starting point.
Production Credits
? Original Composition: Yuzo Koshiro (1-1 ~ 1-3, 1-5 ~ 1-22, 2-1, 2-9, 2-11, 2-12, 2-14, 2-15, 2-20 ~ 2-23, 2-25, 2-26, 2-29, 2-31), Mieko Ishikawa (1-4, 1-23, 1-24, 2-2 ~ 2-5, 2-13, 2-16, 2-19, 2-24, 2-27, 2-28, 2-30), Hideya Nagata (2-6 ~ 2-8, 2-10, 2-18), Masaya Hashimoto (2-17)
? Arrangement: Yukihiro Jindo
? Vocals: Kanako Kotera (1-22, 2-28)
? Violin: Akiko Nagano
? Guitar: Masaru Teramae, Mikihito Tanaka, Terukazu Inoue
? Bass: Atsushi Enomoto
? Drum Kit: Kotaro Hatanaka
document.write(tip_tmpl);
setTimeout(function() {
$('#tip_60d').fadeOut();
}, 30000);
您需要登录后才可以留言,请用虾米帐号
和完全版的音乐差好多,改编得太好了。
你们不知道ys2片头才是神曲吗-&To make the end of battle 有兴趣的童鞋一定要看mv
FIRST STEP TOWARDS WARS
一代一样有神曲
其实因为这盘专辑最开始曲子跟名字完全错位,收听最多的那首曲子在曲序正确之前就是to make the end of battle来的。。
想起刚开始玩的时候死命的研究不少血打BOSS的情形了
法老控一生推
这回应该对应了……原来那个所谓Ys Opening其实是disc2第一首TO MAKE THE END OF BATTLE
顺说 这首的长版跟短版不是只是加长的关系,短版燃多了
PROTECTERS
听完能撸完一张数学卷么…………
(第1页, 共22条)
使用手机扫码收听专辑
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
收藏了这张专辑的人们...
Falcom Sound Team jdk的其他热门专辑
为该专辑做出贡献的有:
关注虾米:社区昵称:K.7.suntenday
本帖最后由 suntenday 于
13:26 编辑
QQ截图01.png (160.81 KB, 下载次数: 2)
13:26 上传
英& && & 文:Ys I & II Chronicles+
中& && & 文:伊苏1&2编年史+
游戏发行:XSEED& && && && && &
游戏制作:Nihon Falcom
游戏类型:动作, 冒险, 角色扮演
游戏平台:PC
发行日期:日
游戏语言:英语
历史价格信息:
目前最低价格$3.74在Steam上;
历史最低价日$3.74在Steam上;
商店地址:
游戏介绍:
日本游戏开发商FALCOM公司制作、发行。以2001年在PC平台推出并获得销售佳绩的《伊苏1&2:完全版》为基础,在追加新图像与新重编乐曲等各式各样要素而开发的《伊苏1》、《伊苏2》代重制合辑。面向PSP掌机移植的A·RPG(动作角色扮演游戏)强化版,游戏目前预定2009年夏季发售。新作被命名为:《伊苏1&2:编年史》(Ys I & II Chronicles)。日前本作的官方网站也已经开通,并且公布了游戏世界观设定与游戏画面信息,供各位玩家参考。
《伊苏》(YS)系列基本上是以红发的神秘少年冒险家阿尔德·克里斯丁(Adol Christin)为主角,描述其探索古文明的冒险故事。操作上为即时性的战斗,通常只有奔跑、跳跃、挥剑、施展法术,没有复杂的指令,向来以操作容易但富挑战性的游戏趣味著称,再加上开发商FALCOM以精良的美工和音乐设计,使伊苏系列不但是FALCOM公司的代表作之一,也是A·RPG指标性的作品。在游戏里是看不到阿尔德的台词,对话框只说明他目前的行动,玩家要自行想像台词。
伊苏1的故事:
在很久很久以前,有意个古代王国,名为“伊苏”。在这个国度,人人都信奉纯洁善良的双子女神。双子女神也赐福众生,使得整个国家繁荣昌盛。时间流转,往事湮灭。如今这个地方被称为艾斯特利亚,而知道关于这个地方古老传说以及双子女神的只有以前侍奉双子女神的神职人员后裔。
而在某一天,人们在艾斯特利亚地区发现了一种珍贵矿物“银”。于是这里开始出现了许多挖掘小队,城市和街道渐渐被建立起来。不知从何时开始,艾斯特利亚地区开始出现了凶恶的怪物,并且以此为起点,整个大陆都被弄弄的魔瘴气包围。居住此地的人们整日担惊受怕,惶惶不可终日。
有一个热衷冒险的少年,名叫阿德尔·克里斯丁。他驾着小船来到了艾斯特利亚,结果船翻……看似无稽,却正是这个差点被淹死的少年改变了伊苏古国的命运。故事是以阿德尔驾着小船驶向新大陆展望开始,最后船翻,而他自己则被还说冲上沙滩,伊苏的故事开始了……
伊苏2的故事:
在集齐六本“伊苏之书”的阿尔德被强大的力量传送至空中大陆——古伊苏国。被明朗的村中少女莉莉娅救助后,阿尔德在空中大陆展开了新一轮冒险。菲娜与蕾雅的身份居然是创立伊苏的双生女神!而古伊苏国、六神官与“黑珍珠”的历史也逐渐浮出水面……
本作除了沿袭《伊苏1》的优雅风格和游戏系统,《伊苏2》还添加了魔法元素和更多游戏场景,丰富了游戏操作性,并成功呼应前作构架起完整的《伊苏》世界观,使史诗般的故事背景一览无余。游戏配乐更是联合前作一起被奉为经典。由此,《伊苏》前两部作可谓珠联璧合,缺一不可。
角色介绍:
1.阿尔德·克里斯丁
红发剑士,《伊苏》系列的主人公。他的冒险经历开始于当他离开港口城镇,来到埃斯塔利亚之时。 被称为“红发阿尔德”。关于他有一点令人感到奇怪,他每每掉入海中、冲到海滩上,然后被游戏的女主角发现并治愈。红发黑瞳是他的特征,为人热情而且诚实,相当热衷于各种慢先,出生于艾丽西亚大陆的一个小山村。
《伊苏》系列中的一位主要女性角色。菲娜在《伊苏I》、《II》、《IV》和《伊苏:起源》中都有出现。伊苏双子女神之一,她是《伊苏》系列一长串和阿尔德陷入爱河的女性中的第一位。蕾雅的妹妹。她最早在《伊苏I》出场时失去了记忆,但是在蕾雅的银口琴帮助下,唤醒了作为女神的记忆。她也拥有传统日式RPG中第一女主角的特征:蓝发。
3.莉莉亚:
伊苏系列中的一位主要女性角色。当亚特鲁降落到伊苏之后,莉莉娅最早发现了他,并把他带回了兰斯村。她在《伊苏IV》中重新出现。
伊苏系列中的一位主要女性角色。蕾雅在《伊苏I》、《II》、《IV》和《伊苏:起源》中都有出现。《伊苏》双子女神之一,菲娜的姐姐。银口琴的主人。
5.莎拉·托霸:
《伊苏I》里居住在Minea城的一位女预言师,持有《托霸之书》。她在不同版本的游戏中有不同的结局。后来她又在“伊苏的黎明”中出现,并且到游戏结束都活着。
6.古邦·托霸:
莎拉·托霸的哥哥,《伊苏I》中的强盗头子,但却是一个好人。他的房子就在大拇之塔脚下,他帮助阿尔德打开了达姆之塔的门。
游戏类型:
Steam 成就
Steam 排行榜
部分支持控制器
游戏APP信息:
App ID223810App TypeGameNameYs IName (Steam Site)Ys I & II Chronicles+DeveloperNihon Falcom Last Record Update(December 16, 2013 – 10:07:20 UTC)Last Change Number
游戏SUB信息:
Ys Chronicles+ CompSeptember 6, 2013 – 20:58:39 UTCYs I and II ChroniclesDecember 24, 2013 – 02:00:11 UTCYs I and II Chronicles+March 3, 2013 – 03:38:09 UTC
社区昵称:mytt61
thanks for sharing
社区昵称:V838CutCake
有单独发帖的待遇
社区昵称:JohnZerW
早先同学就一直推荐伊苏系列。但是一代二代……感觉有点久远,即使重制了……
社区昵称:Cont120616
只有英文是遺憾
社区昵称:lidong chen
这两代是最难的吧,反正打不过,不准备入了
社区昵称:Eagle
YS?就是那个裸女捧着水晶球封面的2D红发男RPG?
社区昵称:K.7.suntenday
这两代是最难的吧,反正打不过,不准备入了
伊苏起源的第一个boss如果是第一次玩也够呛啊
社区昵称:Spooky Alcohol
绝对的老游戏
社区昵称:CooV.Loser
1代最终BOSS法克特真心难打,2代的黑珍珠已经好多了。
社区昵称:我的伊谢尔伦
八年轨迹玩到死,从此Falcom是路人。
社区昵称:pright
没动力再打一遍了,还是英文
社区昵称:magicalwz
等起源75收藏
社区昵称:SunZc
等好久了,以買,話說YS最喜歡的還是2……
发自移动设备 - 你的掌上 SteamCN 社区
社区昵称:Artega
虽然Falcom也没节操,但比起SE,伊苏的重制版诚意满满。
社区昵称:zxcddg
第一次发现自己是个手残。
社区昵称:BlackCamus
有土豪送我 感动
社区昵称:K.7.suntenday
有土豪送我 感动
话说哈里入住了没?我以前是轩辕打杂的
社区昵称:我的伊谢尔伦
虽然Falcom也没节操,但比起SE,伊苏的重制版诚意满满。
闪之轨迹的DLC也开始没节操了。以前只是反复出Evo版,现在跟SE学成了。
SteamCN 蒸汽动力 & Chinese Steam User Fan Site.
来浏览本站
11:16, PE: 0.285043s , QE: 208, Gzip On, Redis On.to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Languages:
Full Audio
Includes 17 Steam Achievements
Title: Ys I & II Chronicles+
Genre: , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 14 Feb, 2013
Buy Ys I and II Chronicles+
About This Game
Long, long ago, there was an ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under the auspices of two heavenly Goddesses. Over time, the kingdom came to be known as Esteria, and its divine history was largely forgotten by all but the descendants of those who once preached the Goddesses’ will. The only reminder of this lost lore was a cursed spire at the foot of a giant crater, which locals came to regard as “The Devil’s Tower.”
Eventually, the men and women who called Esteria their home began mining a uniquely radiant silver from the nearby mountains, and development boomed. Towns were built, and the land became rich with life.
Then, all at once, monsters began to appear. Only a few at first – but soon enough, the land was swarming with them, and the Esterians had no choice but to hide in fear, remaining ever vigilant just to stay alive.
Our story begins with a young man who’d heard rumors of these misfortunes, and strove to verify th a brave swordsman with an adventurous spirit bolstered by his own youthful naiveté.
His name was Adol Christin.
With no regard for his own safety, Adol set sail toward Esteria through a heretofore impassable barrier of neverending storms. There, he was destined to become ensconced within a 700 year-old mystery that would ultimately take him to a long-lost land nestled amongst the clouds...
Ys I & II Chronicles+ is the most modernized and up-to-date remake of Falcom’s classic franchise-spawning action RPGs from 1987 and 1988. Come see how the story began, and witness the birth of a legend!
Classic buttonless “bump” combat receives a full analog-enabled upgrade for gamepad users, and is augmented in Ys II by a robust magic system.
Soundtrack selectable from among the original 80s FM-synth, an early 2000s MIDI-style remix or a modern studio performance by Falcom’s in-house rock band.
Character art selectable from 90s-style portraits or more modern anime designs.
Four selectable difficulty levels and optional boss rush mode grant players a true old-school challenge (if desired).
Transform into a demon to speak with any and every standard enemy in the game, creating unparalleled depth that still impresses even to this day. (Ys II only)
Unique Steam Achievements plus Steam Cloud support and leaderboards.
Adjustable high-resolution PC graphics with a smooth, consistent framerate.
Greater viewing area than in previously-available Ys I & II Chronicles editions.
Decorative screen frames available from the earlier Japan-only Ys I & II Complete PC release, in addition to the more modernized full-screen viewport of previous Ys I & II Chronicles editions.
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor:Pentium III 866 MHz
Memory:1 GB RAM
Graphics:64 MB VRAM, 3D accelerator compatible w/ DirectX 9.0c
DirectX(R):9.0c
Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
Sound:Compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Recommended:
Processor:Pentium III 1.6 GHz or higher
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:64 MB VRAM, 3D accelerator compatible w/ DirectX 9.0c
DirectX(R):9.0c
Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
Sound:Compatible with DirectX 9.0c
(c) Nihon Falcom Corporation. Licensed to and published by XSEED Games.
More like this
Very Positive
(14 reviews)
Very Positive
(835 reviews)
Review Type
Positive&(738)
Negative&(101)
Purchase Type
Steam Purchasers&(835)
Key Activations&(4)
All Languages&(839)
Your Languages&(637)
Display As:
Most Helpful
633 reviews match the filters above
( Very Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
I love the descriptions in other reviews calling Ys antiquated. Who would have thought a game made in 1987 would feel antiquated by today's standards.That aside, it's great to hear how troubled today's players are by its gameplay and storytelling. I'm sorry children, Adol doesn't talk much, and you're not going to be spoonfed what's going on during his adventures. You simply have to pay attention and use your imagination (and read the **** in-game books)I don't have a button to attack? Deal with it. It's hilarious how the only justification for this system being bad is &it's old&.The level cap is too low? Oh dear me, I didn't know it was wrong to challenge people by putting the stats against you. If you're unsure that you'd like the game or that it'd be too old now to enjoy, then I'd tell you not to worry. If you enjoy action games, you owe it to yourself to buy this game. You'll want to invest hours and hours into it and you'll certainly be happy that you did. Edit 24th September
o'clock... dude... the last Dungeon.. is so... bad... Go to floor 20th. Then floor 11. after that floor 16 to go back to 11... to complete the dungeon go back to floor 25.... dude....Dont... do... this... to me.... again ....
Was this review helpful?
Have you ever thought what'd it be like to be a dude running between pong paddles while a big blue ??????? shooting fireballs is constantly being batted at you?Why? Oh, no reason.
Was this review helpful?
17 people found this review funny
Useless bit of trivia first.
The amount of times these games have been redone is truly mindblowing, but then again Ys has been around since 1987. What we have here is an enhanced port of a PSP port of an enhanced edition of a windows remake of a combined turbografx-16/pc-engine remake of a pair of games on an ancient japanese pc. Rolls right off the tongue and I'm not even gonna get into how many ports the original games themselves got. I'm fairly certain this won't be the last remake either.Now that I got that bit of nonsence out of the way let's move on to the review. Story
The island of Esteria which is known for its trade in silver has been cut off from mainland Europe by a phenomenon called the stormwall for the last six months. Enter Adol Christin, a 17 year old young man with a passion for adventure and measuring women and little boys. He sails to Esteria from the port town of Promarock (or Promalock depending on the translation) but his boat gets caught in the stormwall and he shipwrecks off the coast of the island. He is found by villagers and taken to the nearby town's clinic. This is where the game starts. From here on cue battles with monsters, ancient civilizations, saving the world and the usual business when it comes to JRPGs. Overall the story is not a groundbreaking epic that will shock you with amazing plot twists, but it is really well written and will suck you in if you take your time with it. Even the most trivial NPCs usually have something new and interesting to say as the story moves forward (this is something Nihon Falcom does a lot). Ys II takes place immediately after Ys I, so my recommendation is to play both games in one go. There's also a bit of humour added by XSEED which fits quite well since it's put in the right places and doesn't feel forced. muh grafix
If you've read the nonsence at the top or looked at the screenshots you should already know what to expect in terms of graphics. Enhancements or not you're looking at slightly improved visuals from a 1997 Windows game. That said Chronicles does have a nifty feature where you can pick from the original PC interface or the PSP one as well as picking between the original late 90s anime artstyle or the more modern artstyle for the character portraits. That's all there is to be said about the graphics, wether you like them or not is up to you, but I wouldn't judge the game based on looks alone.PS: There is no FPS lock, so stop whining, you babies. Music
INCREDIBLY BIASED OPINION INCOMING
As far as I'm concerned Falcom Sound Team JDK are musical gods and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. With that out of the way, you have the option to pick from three different renditions of the soundtrack in the options menu (or just mod in whatever the hell you want because PC). The original PC-88 soundtrack from 1987, the PC Complete soundtrack from 2001 or the new Chronicles soundtrack from 2009. All three are great, though which one you go with depends on you. My personal recommendation is to mod the turbografx-16 audio in and enjoy one of the best versions of the soundtrack (why they never bothered to use it again is beyond me), some dude posted a mod for both games on the forums, you can find it if you look around.Long story short: Music is 11/10. Gameplay
While the rest of the games in the series are more traditional in terms of combat, Ys I & II are more of an acquired taste. The reason for this is because unlike most action RPGs at the time here you don't press a button to attack enemies. Instead you ram into them (slightly off center), that's it. In Ys II you get some spells which allow you to attack at range but the meat of the combat is once again dryhumping things with your sword (hence why a lot of people call it the bumper cars system). Personally I wouldn't call the lack of an attack button a bad thing since in this case it makes the combat LIGHTNING FAST. I'm not even joking, you'll be murdering masses of monsters with such rapid speed it'll make someone like Guts look like a pansy in comparison (you don't mess with Adol Christin, the guy's a walking apocalypse). It also makes the usual grinding in JRPGs almost nonexistant which for me is a plus. I don't hate it mind you, but it gets stale fast if the game relies on it too much. Anyway on normal difficulty you'll be swimming in cash and exp before you know it. The boss battles are the highlight of the series. In Ys I they are mostly hit and miss. Some are really good and there are others like Vagullion aka THAT !@(*$^ BAT and Dark Fact known as Dalk Fukt in Japan (if you manage beat him on nightmare mode you have the full right to rub that in everyone's faces because you earned it). Things get much better in Ys II, but it's also the better game. Ys I is essentially a glorified prologue but you shouldn't skip it since you'll miss half the story. TL;DR
This is where the Ys series started from. The games are great but they are not for everyone. However if you do try them out and end up liking them you'll be in for one hell of a ride you won't soon forget.
Was this review helpful?
Ys I is a simple, fast-paced action game disguised as an RPG. Maybe too simple for a generation who're used to combo systems, collecting a dozen new abilities, and other new hot features adopted by the genre (and later games in the series). But I like that simplicity! It's a comfortable old friend of a game, with just enough interesting use of its one mechanic (ram the other guy off-center) to last the duration of the adventure.And then you can play Ys II, which throws in a bunch more toys to play with in a larger world!Make sure you play in the original 4:3 mode: the zoomed-in mode doesn't quite match the aspect ratio of the original game window, and areas designed around it will feel cramped if you have to scroll more.
Was this review helpful?
Ys I & II, being the first two games in the long-running Ys series, have had quite a number of releases over the years. It’s hit a number of different platforms, including the PC88, TurboGrafx, PC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, and now PC, each with their own tweaks to the game to fit the platform they were released on. XSEED Games and Falcom, who started their partnership
with the release of Ys Seven, have set out on bringing the definitive version of Ys I & II to the PC. The question is, how does this port in the long list of existing ports fare?Originally released in the late 1980s, Ys I & II definitely shows their roots in their story presentations. You play the role of Adol Christin, a (now very well-known) red-haired adventurer who sets off on a journey of excitement and ends up washing up in a nearby coastal city where he learns of demon attacks which are driving the country’s citizens into hiding. As you progress through the game, it becomes clear that things aren’t as simple as they seem, with items called the Books of Ys being collected as you progress through your journey. These later become important to unraveling exactly what is causing this country’s plight and showing how to set things right.Most memorable for its combat, Ys I and II combine all the elements of a traditional JRPG: towns, shops, NPCs, equipment, character levels, exploration, and even some minor side quests and secrets. Ys I is more simplistic than its sequel, but both games are strikingly similar and tell two parts of the same narrative, even if those parts are two nearly identical story arcs. Each game can be beaten in less than ten hours, both have moments of great frustration, and they both climax in thrilling and memorable bosses. Ys I and II may be most well known for their shared &bump& combat system in which our hero Adol collides with enemies to injure them (and to be injured by them). The lack of an attack button and Adol's swift running speed make the action so frantic as to be absurd, and at times I found the red-haired sprite's action downright hilarious. I was skeptical and critical at first, but I learned to enjoy the simple combat, particularly during boss fights, which require much more thought than the dull standard enemies. Unfortunately, diagonal attacks are so overpowered in Ys II that regular enemies are slain with ease, and both games suffer from clumsy menus and balance issues. Being that this is an older RPG, there are some grinding issues present in this release. Ys I, being merely a prelude to Ys II, only allows for Adol to level up to Level 10. Levels control whether you win or lose in Ys I, and at times you’ll have to grind in the initial dungeons to get through some of the bosses. This issue becomes a bit worse in Ys II, which ups the level cap to 55, but lessens the EXP gained from enemies as you level up. This requires players to, at times, spend time farming enemies in one area of a dungeon, lest they get instantly killed by enemies in a later part which Adol can’t touch with gaining more levels and grabbing enough gold to get the best weapons for that period in the game. Some of the latter bosses are particularly unfair in this regard, forcing players to gain 3-5 levels above what the enemies are at just to get through the boss fight with a sliver of life remaining. While this only occurs in a few parts of the game, it’s still an annoyance that could have been fixed with a few slight tweaks by Falcom for this release. Players who enjoy a challenge will find no problems with this though.As both titles were released back in the 1980s, the RPG mantra of including key items in obscure places holds true. Numerous times in Ys I players will be unable to progress through the story because they forgot to talk to or walk into a specific story event that was either barely mentioned or not mentioned at all. While Ys II fixes this for the most part, there’s one key item in one of the final dungeons which requires players to go to a unmentioned room instead of a house in town, which is where players would assume it was located due to the game’s dialogue. The game could have greatly benefited from some streamlining for newer fans of the series.Even with those negatives, as with most Ys titles, the first thing players will notice is the game’s soundtrack, which like in Oath and Seven, runs circles around most other games. The soundtrack, composed by video game music legend Yuzo Koshiro of Etrian Odyssey fame, along with Falcom stalwart Mieko Ishikawa, is easily the shining gem of this compilation. As explain before, Ys I & II have appeared on numerous platforms in the past, so the game compliments this by allowing players to choose between three different versions of the music.One of the most impressive parts of Ys Chronicles outside of the soundtrack has to be the game’s storyline and translation. For a title which was released back in the 1980s, the story still stands shoulders above many other titles of that era, as well as some of the RPG hits of the 1990s. This combined with the music and the general artistic presentation of the game makes for some very heartwarming moments. The main storyline was translated in a way which feels authentic without falling into the “ye olde” trap that most remakes of classic RPGs fall into. XSEED also threw in a couple pop culture jokes in some of the more obscure areas of the game for those who take the time to check out everything.Despite some of the negatives I've listed here, I thoroughly enjoy playing through these adventures. Being a long time Ys fan I owed it to myself to play the adventures that started them all. There is magic in Ys, and everyone should get a chance to see it.Highly RecommendedBe sure to check out
for more reviews!
Was this review helpful?
Another remake of the old Nihon Falcom action RPG classic, which finally brings this great game to english speaking PC gamers.This version seems to improve everything beyond the previous versions (at least the ones I played, that is the Sega Master System version from the early 90s and the Turbo Duo release from a few years later), with one exception - it doesn't have voice acting, unlike the Turbo Duo release, which did have some (not much, but still...).The control is great, the graphics are up-to-date, and the awesome soundtrack is at its best, as usual. The game is relatively short (8-10 hours if you've beat it before, but could take much longer for first timers), but offers plenty of fun. This is really one of my favorite games.
Was this review helpful?
10 people found this review funny
This game has one of the hardest boss of all time Dark Fact. Dark Fact has no mercy to the weak soul. If you are a fan of the JRPG genre this is a must have to your collection. And if you are a hardcore gamer, Dark Fact is waiting for you.
Was this review helpful?
Even on the easiest level of the game - it still has a high level of challenge and difficultly but the way you attack enemies is different - you must bump into them. A plus is that you can recover HP if you are standing still in most places. If you are familiar with Y's Book 1 and 2 on PC Engine, you have a pretty good feel for this story , however some elements have been reworked to provide an element of challenge in order to advance to specific portions of the game. Some early bosses - You will find out quickly that you have to level up so high in order to beat them. That may take a long time but in the end, your Gold Level will rise high and you can buy some of the more expensive items from the get go. Another plus of this game is the choice of soundtrack. You have Chronicles, Complete and PC-88 to choose from. For nostalgic purposes I turn it on PC - 88 because I love the retro music. Being that I own Y's Oath in Felghana and Y's Origin , I had to play this. I had realized that this was also released on PSP but never owned a PSP. Beginners and seasoned Y's players will find a variety of stuff to do in both of these games and its a bargain for the price that was paid for the game. You don't see quality console
RPG Games like this on PC that much.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
These 2 games are very good. The story is connected from YS Origin, YS1, and YS2. I suggest you play from YS Origin. Finish Toal Cain storyline to reveal the hidden plot. Then, you play YS1 and YS2. It's been a long time I haven't played games with such good story. Good job, Falcom!PS: Please bring the YS4, YS5, and YS7 to Steam too. I will definitely buy and play them !
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
Remember those old RPGs of yore that were actual fantasy? Like divine light, ancient evils, mysterious artifacts? This is that. And it has aged well. 10/10
Was this review helpful?
There's so much good to say about Ys I and II Chronicles. First of all, it's two games in one, and both games are of stellar quality. Excellent sprite and artwork, an absolutely stunning soundtrack, endearing characters, especially that of the main character, Adol, and a surprisingly efficient and fast-paced combat system.When a game features combat but 'not' an attack button, that would give any gamer pause. On paper, that would seem clunky at best and unintuitive at worst. However, the &bump system& implimented renders the need for an attack button practically obsolete, to the point where I actually question the very existence of what is otherwise an unquestionably essential feature in an action game. What the bump system does is automatically calculate your attack, your defence, and your receiving of damage upon colliding with any enemy, and the chances of how that collision will play out change depending on which angle you bump into the enemy. If you hit them from behind or from an angle, typically your mow through them like a lawn mower. If you get bumped into yourself, you'll take damage, and if you collide face first with an enemy, you and the enemy will either take damage or block, and both will be knocked away. Once you master the bump system, you'll literally mow down enemies at a much faster pace than you would a Zelda title, which this game resembles aesthetically. In fact, the Ys series is, in many ways, the Sonic to Zelda's Mario. Where Zelda is a more balanced and safe experience, where you can always expect a blend of puzzles and combat, Ys games, typically, are faster, flashier, and more experimental than any Zelda title. While this has had mixed to poor resulte for Sonic, I've yet to play an Ys game I didn't like.If you're looking to get into the Ys series, this is definitely the game(s) to do it with.
I recommend it but only to those who like simple &old& school ARPG. Keep in mind action is to be taken lightly. Im not trying to sound negative I just want those reading this review to know what they are buying. It was fun, I dont regret my purchase but dont go into it thinking it has 2016 production values.
I &measure& this game as 10/10 ( ?° ?? ?°)
噩梦难度是免费的心脏强化运动-_-
There are things about the games that haven't aged especially well, but overall they're still great. It can be easy to get a bit lost or miss things, but these games are quite short (for JRPGs) and meant to be replayed. The story is pretty good and the combat is very unique. Most important though is that these games are just fun and actually offer a decent challenge for JRPGs.The port is really good too. There are quite a few lazy console/retro ports on Steam these days, but this isn't one of them. The only minor complaint I have is that there is a separate config application rather than in-game menus for choosing resolution, mapping keys, etc.On the plus side, this version has some nice features like being able to switch between different versions of the soundtrack (essentially 8-bit, 16-bit, and modern), zoom, scaling, and resolution options, proper gamepad support, and cloud saves. Overall, this is a nice release of some quality classic games.
Nice clássico game! Very hard but also very rewarding once you master the mechanics. Be warned that it is VERY addicting, Just like the other games from the series.
A classic that retains much of its charm, but also is bogged down with antiquated mechanics. The + edition is far superior to the original graphically and really helps the game get over some of its hurdles.This game is not for everyone.The Ys series are ARPGs with very minimal progression elements.
You wont be sifting through tons of loot, and you wont be spending stats or making builds.
You will instead be engaging in lots and lots of combat, which is the games biggest flaw. The fights in this game are very rudimentary, and they happen to the point of ad nasuem.
Sadly the progression elements render any kind of strategy null, as you'll either be far beyond any enemy in power, or unable to take two hits from them.
I may be ragging on the game a bit here, but Ys 1 & 2 are actually good games. The music is pretty decent, the visuals, especially the updated ones, are pleasant and harken back to high fantasy from the 80s/90s.
The world and environment really hammer the fantasy atmosphere home.The story and characters arent all that intriguing, but that is owning, again, to the games dated nature.
The narrative here is nothing new, but it isnt annoying.
Faint praise, I knowHonestly, I do recommend this game, but cautiously.
If you enjoyed a lot of old high fantasy material, or you played some of the more recent games, give the game a go.
It may surprise you. If you instead play many RPGs or ARPGs of today's modern game designs you may find the barebones systems and story a bit too lackluster to get into.
A package of both the original Ys games in one remastered edition. It actually contains both the Chronicles (2001) and Complete (2009) editions, including updated visuals and soundtracks.The Ys games are known for not dilly-dallying around and is a fast paced action game with light RPG elements. You run around bumping into enemies, leveling up, earning gold and buying better equipment.The first game is not as good as the sequel, but is a solid introduction to the series nontheless. The story is that some ancient evil power thing is causing monsters to roam havoc in Ys and Esteria. One day Adol falls out of the sky and lands in this very land, becoming the protagonist and saviour of the land.Both games features a bump system where you basically walk into enemies to take them out. The first game requires you to hit enemies off center to take them out without taking damage and this is further expanded upon in the sequel where you also can bump successfully diagonally. This makes the battles way easier, ensuring you're staying alive longer.While the first Ys I is a bit easing on the mechanics, it does feature harder bosses than the sequel. It's around 6-7 hours in length, while Ys II Vanished the Final Chapter is around double the length, at around 12-14 hours. It is by far the superior of the two, featuring a much bigger world and alot more items to procure.Speaking of items, both games requires you to do A-LOT of backtracking and won't hold your hand in telling you where all of them are. These are the type of games that enforces you to explore, run around and figuring it all out for yourself. If you're not using a guide, expect to get stuck some times as it is not always clear what to do next. Both games also features some highly missable (and some VERY doubious) achievements as well, like shoving a girl and a boy up in a corner to &measure& them. The game does feature plenty of humor too, though and like its tongue-in-cheek moments from time to time.For the price you're getting a decent pack of entertainment here. Even better if you get it on sale (which happens pretty often). The story may not be very inspiring, but the soundtrack is stellar. Falcom is known for always composing great soundtrack for their games and this is no exception. Rating: Ys I: 5.5/10Ys II Vanished The Final Chapter: 9/10
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 ys chronicles 1 的文章

随机推荐