Publisher:
Release Date: 24 Mar, 2016
Buy Slain: Back from Hell
Buy Slain: Back from Hell Bundle
Includes 2 items:
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
20 September
Due to all the support from the PC community we managed to rescue Slain, turn it into what you now know to be Slain: Back from Hell, port it and ship it on PS4 today (in the US, EU tomorrow).
Obviously this is a PC community but we just wanted to say another massive thanks to everyone, customers old and new, for the feedback and support and for sticking through the more 'difficult' parts of post launch and helping us get to here, we could not have done it without all the incredible help from you guys. Word to the Great Horned Metal God
Slain PS4 game Page -
US Sony Blog Post -
EU Sony Blog Post -
Vita and XB1 versions are on the way (and sorry if a console post on here upsets anyone! :) )
3 September
“The landscapes are beautifully drawn, as are the monstrous inhabitants o but it’s the animation of Slain that is truly amazing”
9/10 –
“The best Castlevania game in years...Slain is a fun retro platformer with a slick combat system, great visuals, and a killer soundtrack.”
8/10 –
“Slain: Back from Hell is an addictive platform game forged in heavy metal culture.”
8/10 –
About This Game
Slain: Back from Hell
You control the fate of Bathoryn, a doomed hero in a Gothic world, who seeks to liberate six cursed realms from six deadly overlords.
He must battle his way through this blighted land, packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) into a stronghold, all the while defeating fiendish traps and vile monsters alike.
At the heart of every domain Bathoryn will confront a mighty foe - defeat it and his quest continues to its ultimate destiny. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely – mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail…
There are 3 key areas to be mastered in order to vanquish Slain: Back from Hell.
- Learn to wield 3 deadly elemental weapons, each one exploiting weaknesses in different enemy types. Each has a different combo, timing and use. Mastering quick switching between weapons is the path to victory!
- Glean the placement and timings of enemies and booby traps.
- Generate, conserve and unleash your Mana wisely.
Accompanied by the heavy metal visuals is an even heavier metal soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant (formally of Celtic Frost).
Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat
6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fueled mayhem & gore
Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost. \m/
Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights & macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
No laborious levelling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: 1.5 Ghz or faster
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Storage: 500 MB available space
Minimum:
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ Compatible Card
Minimum:
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ Compatible Card
More like this
Very Positive
(18 reviews)
(474 reviews)
Review Type
Positive&(417)
Negative&(195)
Purchase Type
Steam Purchasers&(474)
Key Activations&(138)
All Languages&(612)
Your Languages&(456)
Display As:
Most Helpful
345 reviews match the filters above
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Product received for free
(Disclaimer: I have not played the initial version, only the current &Back from Hell& version, and I was generously gifted a key by someone on NeoGAF -- thanks again mate.)dr version (Read below for more details)The good:+ Amazing visuals+ Solid soundtrack+ Excellent boss designs+ Responsive controlsThe okay/decent:+ Combat + Platforming and traps + Goofy metal lyrics-styled dialogueThe mediocre:- Level design- Could use more enemy varietyI won't lie, this is a game that is primarily driven by its amazing artistic direction. The visuals are consistently impressive, not just the art and environments, or the cool parallax effects, or the excellent animations (esp. the headbanging one when you defeat a boss!), but all the intricate details, from the guttering torches, flying insects buzzing around rotting carcasses, the rain or snow, the dripping blood or ooze, etc. Every level is just... &wow&, every time. It's essentially a metal album cover come to life, and I mean the really cool and badass album covers, like those made by Necrolord, Kris Verwimp, SV Bell, Eliran Kantor, Andreas Marshall, Dan Seagrave, Chris Moyen/Thorncross, etc., not the ?????? ones like Riot's Fire Down Under.Metal soundtracks for games are nothing new, but to my knowledge, very few, if any, have one quite like it. It's basically instrumental doom/gothic metal, instead of the more common traditional and/or blazing shredding wailing guitar type of metal you're more likely to find. It could have benefited from a few more tracks, but it's otherwise excellent and the music fits the mood of the game admirably well. Good job by the ex-Celtic Frost guy.Story and dialogue? Well, there is some, but it's not very important in a game like this, so who cares really. All the writing is very cheesy, but it pretty much reads like metal lyrics. If that's your thing, you'll find yourself smiling at the cheesy, pompous lines. If not, you'll probably roll your eyes, but hopefully you're not that uptight.Now, the gameplay. To be frank, it's mostly okay, not great. Level design is very simple for the most part,
not a whole lot of verticality, very rare secrets, and simple moving forward hacking mobs, with the occasional hit-the-switch-and-come-back. Most of the time, it's just a matter of defeating the combat encounters and avoiding the traps and survive until the next checkpoint. The traps are generally easy to avoid and serve mostly to mix up the pace, but the combat encounters can be really quite difficult. Bathoryn, the protagonist, cannot take a whole lot of hits and dies really fast (or I just suck). Fortunately respawning is instant and loading times are super-fast, and checkpoints are generous enough to avoid too much frustration, so it's not THAT bad. Still, prepare to die be slain often.Combat is hack-and-slash with some ranged magic (as long as you have mana left), with some nice focus on parrying and countering, charged attacks (hard to time correctly but rewarding to pull off), flinging projectiles back at the enemy, and switching between the steel sword, the flame blade, and the ice axe. Overall it's not that deep but it's serviceable enough, the controls are fairly responsive. There could be a bit more enemy variety though, I mean I'm fine with smashing skeletons, but that's a lot of skellies... something to think about in a sequel, maybe. That said, the boss fights is when the combat shines, forcing you to use all of your arsenal and skill. I really found the bosses to be well designed and the highlights of the game (Mother Beholder can get ????ed though!).I am terrible at this kind of old-school brutal game and took a good 9 hours of dying repeatedly before gitting gud (I swear at least one full hour is against Mother Beholder, gahhh) and pulling through. A skilled player would probably take far less before reaching the ending.In short, I would recommend this game, mostly for its artistic appeal. It's a metal album cover (or a bunch of them) come to life which is a really ????ing cool thing, unless you don't like metal, in which case, I don't like you, so please go away. The gameplay underneath is nothing mind-blowing, but just decent enough to make it worth playing. \m/ Hail the Great Horned Metal God \m/
Was this review helpful?
Great game. Its hard so if you get frustrated over hardgames steer clear. Other wise its the ????.
Was this review helpful?
HEADBANGING TO GLOOOORYYYYYY !!!
Was this review helpful?
PROSAmazing pixel art graphicsDifficult but not to the point where it's unfairFluent animationsElements of puzzles and platformingUnique bossesAmazing soundtracksCONSThe game is pretty short, it took me 3 hours to beat itNo character/weapon customization, I think a shop where you can buy weapon and armor upgrades would fit well with this gameHit detection can be choppy sometimesOverall, I'd say it's a fun but challenging game.
Was this review helpful?
Once upon a time, I saw the gorgeous art behind Slain! and figured I would necessarily love the game as it would be released, but a number of smaller elements in the original game made it feel off.It is hard to pinpoint one exact thing, I feel overall it fell down to a lot of details, and the controls which weren't as tight as they should have been.I dismissed the title as something perhaps I shouldn't have bought on aesthetics alone, and that was it...Until this re-release. At first I felt like this was probably a means to do some damage control on the mixed reviews, and didn't reinstall the game. But some footage of the new game made me realize the movement looked a lot more fluid, so one lonely saturday evening, I chose to plug in my controller and play again. This game has much tighter controls now, and when I die, I feel like it is always my fault, which is what I really look at when playing this type of platformer. I've chosen not to read the extensive list of improvements so I wouldn't be biased or actively looking for how each of the fixes operated. Instead, I've embraced the new Slain, and I have to concur that it IS a new game, and one well worth playing.Good job to the developer for all of this polish, and definitely good job to the publisher for taking this difficult decision!
Was this review helpful?
Amazing animation style, along with the art. If you enjoy hack and slash combat systems, then buy this game. Ignore the mixed review on the overall, it was getting hate because of the controls and how you couldn't edit them, but that's all fixed now so don't worry.
Was this review helpful?
Seriously don't get the hate this game gets. I bought right after Back From Hell came out, and loved it. Everything about it, art style, music and extremely challenging gameplay. There's just something about this game that brings back memories of good old slashers/platformers from both 8-bit and 16-bit era's.Sure, combat system is not as deep, as, per say, Salt And Sanctuary, but no one said it's going to be soulslike game. But yeah, strongly advise you to play it on your gamepad. Playing on keyboard is technically possible, and I did that for like first three hours, but it's far more enjoyable if you just plug your controller in and start button-smashing.
Was this review helpful?
Great game. Animations are detailed. Awesome soundtrack. Very difficult but so satisfying when you reach the next check point. Then take a break and continue on.
Was this review helpful?
I never got to play the original Slain, but my experience with Slain: back from hell has been fantastic, OST is metal as ???? and the art is absolutely gorgeous in a grim kinda way, very difficult game but lots of fun for those who have the patience to die a ton of times to finally make some progress. They only thing i didnt like was the ending, not because it was bad or anything, but its just esoteric and i didnt understand it at all.
Was this review helpful?
Like Volgarr the Viking only more metal.
Was this review helpful?
And you thought Dark Souls was hard.
Really enjoyed this, The metals be strong in this one. Challenging and its quite a trail and error type of game.
Product received for free
I didn't play the original Slain, but from what I've seen, Back From Hell is an improvment.Here's my video on Slain: Back From HellOverall, if you're a fan of Castlevania style Action Platformers, you'll enjoy this game.My biggest complaint is that the game is fairly short.
\m/EPIC-BRUTAL-METAL-BLOODY & GORE GAME! Excellent game.Good gameplay, very fluid.Great Pixel Graphics art design, and of course good metal music.Nice combination of platforming, puzzles (very small puzzles) and Retro.Combat could be better but is not bad.Very brutal-retro-difficult game, need to learn monsters and bosses actions.Great boss fights, some are very easy and some are very brutal.I really have nothing negative to say about this game, when it first was released it was broken, but I am glad the developers fixed their game, and they fixed it good.ALL HAIL THE GREAT HORNED METAL GOD !!!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website|  
|  
|  
|  
|  
只需一步,快速开始
查看: 40|回复: 1
看逆风笑视频玩的Beholder,感觉很好玩的样子,可是STEAM上没法买啊?谁有资源,分享一下吧!
主题帖子积分
高级玩家, 积分 339, 距离下一级还需 261 积分
高级玩家, 积分 339, 距离下一级还需 261 积分
RT!希望有知道的告诉一声,么么!
主题帖子积分
游戏狂人, 积分 1185, 距离下一级还需 815 积分
游戏狂人, 积分 1185, 距离下一级还需 815 积分
貌似发邮箱得到
Powered byRecently Played
Recent reviews by Shawn of the Dead
159.4 hrs on record
This is one of those games that makes me wish Steam had a 'so-so' rating instead of just 'yes' or 'no'. It's ok, but not great. Let me start by saying I am a huge Terraria fan, and so when I first heard about Starbound, I was thinking 'Terraria in space!'. Unfortunately, Starbound falls way short of Terraria. So, lets look at the good, the bad, and the ugly.The good:- Lots of variety to the different structures generated on each planet.- Nice farming system, with livestock also.- Boss fights are fun.- Fantastic for creativity. You can create your own city if you want, with tons different blocks and furniture sets.- Some unique weapons to be found.- The fossil system is a neat way to add collectibles to the game. (Totally optional.)- You occasionally find challenge missions that of varying difficulty and reward, although they are one-shot: Fail and you don't get a second chance.- Any object you scan can be built (bought) at a pixel printer. Most blocks that you pick up will give you a recipe to build them.- Combat is ok. Has it's ups and downs.The bad:- Pets are completely useless. They die easily, and have to be brought back to a healing station before you can use them again. - Crew members are also fairly useless. On the ship, some of them provide upgrades, but they aren't great (e.g. fuel efficiency, when one trip to a moon will give you enough fuel to finish the game). On the ground, they die almost as fast as pets. In both places, they are infuriating in their tendency to get in the way when you want to check containers. At best, they help soak up damage during missions.- Randomized quests are fairly generic and boring, and don't provide anything that useful expect crew members for your ship (which are of dubious quality - see above). - Single player is still played in client-server fashion: You can't pause the game, and there's occasional lag. (Not sure you you get lag on a local system.)- There's no way to move farm animals. So, when they get in the way of crops, you have no idea where to click to harvest.- Dropping all of your items deep underground when you die is a major headache. I would prefer just a pixel (money) penalty.The ugly:- There is really no incentive to build, other than to have a place for crafting stations. But, you can put those on your ship if you upgrade its size. Sure, you can start a colony, but it's not fun or interesting. In Terraria, each NPC you attracted was fairly useful. Not so here. Most are just people to get in your way, and occasionally give you a gift or a quest, neither of which is useful. Also, in Terraria, you had the motivation to build because of the occasional sieges, and for boss fights. There are no sieges in Starbound, and all bossfights occur in pre-built missions that don't allow you to edit terrain.- The main quest is fairly short. Basically, it's 6 missions long. It won't take long at all to finish. And once you're done, there's not much incentive to keep playing, other than to collect stuff or build.- There's only two vehicles in the game: hoverbikes, which are pointless, and boats, when are only useful on ocean planets. But, considering that everything useful in an ocean planet is UNDER the water, and you can get a tech that lets you float across water as a ball, boats are a waste of money. (Where are the mech vehicles that we use to have?)- A LOT of content was cut from earlier versions of the game. Missions and vehicles most notably.I think that if the developer keeps working on Starbound and adding new content, it could really be a good game. Right now, it's just mediocre. If you like building, then this game is for you. If you like exploring, it also has a draw, but not as much as Terraria.
If you're looking for Terraria in space, I would say hold off for a year and see what gets added.
Posted 8 August.
Was this review helpful?
6.3 hrs on record
Early Access Review
(Note: Don't let the play time fool you. I, like many others, play the non-steam version. I have tons of hours of gametime.)This game is amazing. I've played others like it - Dwarf Fortress, Gnomoria, Towns, Timber & Stone, and others, and they all pale in comparison. (Ok, Dwarf Fortress has more complexity, but, honestly, who could every play it with the horrible interface?)It's similar to other colony-management games, but much more interesting. The basic premise is that your people crashland on sparsely-habited planet on a rim world, and have to survive, and eventually build a spaceship to escape. (The new scenario editor opens up other options, but this is the premise of the basic game.) You will battle hunger, disease, injury, hostile enemies, random events, and even interpersonal relationships.The game features three different 'storytellers' which control how often events occur and how dangerous they can be. You can play a relatively safe colony-building game, or a 'This planet hates me' game. It's your choice.The interface works well, and while there is a bit of a learning curve, it's part of the fun, and the game never gets tedious or overly complex.Features:Colonists with different skills and quirks. (Nudist artistic cannibals? You bet!)ResearchFriendly villages and traders that you can barter goods withEnemies in the form of villagers, pirates, mechanoids, giant bugs, and rabid animals.Farming and goods production that is easy to automate.Well-modelled injury and disease system, including limb loss.You can capture enemies and convince them to join your colony, or sell them into slavery.Prosthetics and organ transplants. (Yes, you can harvest a lung from a prisoner.)Tons of different animals, all of which can be tamed and trained.Several different biomes to choose from (forest, jungle, tundra, desert, ice). Each presents its own challenges.Colonist have a mood rating which is affected by many different things, including hunger, temperature, joy (fun), pain, etc. A colonist that has too low of a mood can actually go berserk.Lots of random events that keep things interesting.Cons:Some people may not care for the art style, but I love it. Similar to prison architect.Only one level (i.e., you can't dig down.) You can mine into the sides of mountains, which carries its own benefits and risks.Winning the game is a bit anti-climatic, being nothing but a short blurb, but this may get addressed in the future. Remeber, it's still early access.The best thing about this game is the stories it generates, just through normal gameplay. Some of my favorite game moments:Having everyone in my first game die of disease except for one lone person, who went berserk and lost a melee fight with an alpha-beaver. Watching a thrumbo (really big animal) wander into the middle of a firefight between me and pirates. It took a hit, got mad, and killed all of us.Having half of my colony die from heatstroke when a solar eclipse knocked out my power during a heat wave.Watching my colonist feed a dead raider to my dog who was injured in the fight with the raider. (Karma)Harvesting a lung from a captured raider to replace the one that was destroyed in my colonist by that raider. (More Karma)Having an entire herd of boomalopes die from their own explosions because one of them suffered a fatal heart attack in the middle of the night. (Boomalopes explode when they die.)Watching two of my people get into a fistfight over an insult, and have to spend time in the infirmary together afterwards.Recently, having one of my people go berserk and attack a group of visitors from a friendly tribe. They and their four panthers killed four of my six colonists before leaving.I really can't recommend this game enough. Go buy it.
Posted 18 July.
Was this review helpful?
2.9 hrs on record
Nice little game. Only took 2 hours to solve, so kind of short, but the visuals are nice and the puzzles are fun. I paid $1.50 so I think I got my money's worth.
Posted 1 July.
Was this review helpful?
29.1 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Bought the game and within a month it's dead :-(Shame, too, because it had such potential.
Posted 29 June.
Was this review helpful?
17.9 hrs on record
Early Access Review
An interesting game, but one that seems to be going nowhere. Right now there is too little in the game to make it a worthwhile purchase, and after years of development I have seen very little significant change. Here are the problems as I see it:1. Too little content. I know this is early access, but, seriously, only one surface biome?2. So many animals wandering around that I feel like I must be stepping in sheep dung with every step.3. The limb movement system, while nice to look at, makes combat seem a little wonky. (Bow combat is the worst.)4. There's no reason to build anything more than a one room cabin. In fact, just put up some walls and a roof to keep critters out while you craft. Back walls are optional.5. The inventory system is messy. It looks like a throwback to Ultima 8, with everything piled on top of everything.6. Survival is trivial. Food is unbelievably abundant.It does have some nice features, such as a radar map system, and an actual plot (not finished.) And, to the devs' credit, they were quick to help when I had an issue with world generation that made my game unplayable. They do seem to be actively working on the game, adding new features occasionally. (Usually new weapons/armor.) But the games needs more to it. Right now, you will lose interest fairly quickly.If/when this game ever gets better, I will change my review.
Posted 13 June.
Was this review helpful?
65.3 hrs on record
[Note: Changed my review after playing some more].TL;DR: Good, not great yet. Somewhat shallow on many fronts, and late game is so tedious it is practically unbearable. May get ironed out with later patches.I give it a 6/10 until they can fix the late game. If they do that, 7/10. Add in more victory conditions and diplomacy/spying, and you get get a 8 or 9/10.-- Full Review --Good game. Not perfect, though. It runs in real-time, so it is more akin to Sins of a Solar Empire. However, it is much deeper than that game.It is a lot like MOO2 in character. Start with a pre-designed or custom-built race and try to conquer the galaxy with them. However, this game does a much better job of simulating actual empire management. As your empire grows, your people can split into various factions, and you need to keep them happy or they may rebel and form their own empire. Also, their is a small limit on the number of planets you can manage manually. The others have to be assigned to a 'sector', which is essentially an AI-managed group of planets. This is a great mechanic, because it takes the tedium out of the late game, something that other games have struggled with.When creating a custom race, you choose the species (mammal, bird, fungus, etc..) which doesn't affect anything but appearance. Then you choose the home planet type and ethos, which is kind of like your race's philosophy. Ethos affects a lof of things in the game, and so is very important. Thankfully all of the choices seem pretty well balanced. You can then choose a government type, which is limited by your ethos. Finally, you can choose traits, which give you bonuses or penalties, using a point system. While the traits you can choose are much more limited than MOO2, the combination of traits, ethos, and government makes a wide variety of races possible.Research is handled similar to MOO 1, in that you are given a selection of techs to choose from for research. Ones you don't choose may or may not show up later. (Usually they will, but you may have to wait for a while to see them.) Also, there are rare techs which you might be lucky enough to come up for research. There are also techs which can only be obtained by killing enemies and researching the debris, similar to MOO2.The game features not only enemy empires, but primitive (i.e. pre-space flight) races that you can study, exploit, or uplift, and fallen empires, which are high-tech empires that have passed their prime and are not rotting from the inside. (Similar to MOO2's Antareans.)There is a quest system that is called 'Special Projects' that requires you to do certain things in order to receive a reward. Usually it's just moving a science vessel to a particular planet and doing some research, but there are other more complicated (and interesting) project, such as investigating a precursor race.The systems all seem to be fairly well balanced, and the game never seems to bog down with nothing to do. There's always another star to survey, another planet to build up, or another enemy to fight.Good Things:- Race customization- Huge maps- Neat faction system with ethical divergence- Combat doesn't bog down in late game.Bad Things:- The only way to win seems to be militarily. You have to every other race in the game either allied, wiped out, or as a vassal in order to win. This is a HUGE pain in the rear in the late game, when you control 3/4 of the map, yet you still have to conquer other empires a few planets at a time because of the limits of the war goals system. (You can't just up and conquer a planet. You have to set war goals, and then fight your opponent until he gives in.)- Some more information screens would help, such as a fleet manager to show you all of your ships, or a planet manager to show all of your planets. There is an overview control that does a fair job of this, but ships that you create in a sector (AI-controlled) don't show up, even when you are in control of them. This happens a lot later in the game as you use these sectors to build colony ships.- Sector AI doesn't seem to colonize new planets in the sector. Having to do this yourself is tedious.- The traits, ethos, and government type seem to give very small bonuses and penalties. This was probably done for balancing purposes, but it seems like they should have more of an impact. Example: A repulsive race only gets a 5% penalty to race relations.- No spying, and diplomacy is functional, but not great.- Game performance is terrible in the late game. I have actually quit playing until this is resolved.- Still lots of bugs. (Bronze age civilization with space stations? Really?)So, this is a good game, but not quite the MOO2 killer we had all hoped for.
Posted 23 May.
Last edited 12 June.
Was this review helpful?
76.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
I love this game. It's basically about setting up complex factory chains to produce things while defending against aliens. The graphics are ugly, and the sound is almost nonexistant, but the gameplay is solid. The challenge is to use your resources and space wisely to build both research and defense, and expanding out from your home area when your local resources are used up.There are only 5 basic resources (coal, iron, copper, oil, and water), but you will use these to create a huge number of products. Most buildings create pollution, and pollution causes the aliens to evolve quicker, so the more you build, the stronger attacks against you become. The ultimate goal of a custom game is to build a rocket to launch into space, but scenarios often have other goals.Pros: Fantastic mental challenge. Constantly things to do, whether building, defending, repairing Large number of technologies to research Easy to use interfaces Random map generation, with Infinite maps Vehicles: Cars, Tanks, and Trains! Several different types of weapons and armor, with different ammo for weapons and modules for armor. Robots for logistics, construction, and combat. Circuits networksCons: Ugly graphics Not a lot of sound No tree for research. (This is coming soon.) Rough learning curve. The tutorial only covers the basics. No difficulty setting for custom games.Keep in mind that this is an early access game, so some of these things will be addressed later. But as it is, I would still recommend it as a purchase right now, and I don't normally say that for early access games. Let's be honest - most EA games lose their interest very quickly because
of lack of content. This one doesn't. Highly recommended for the thinker/planner, not for the twitch reflex guy.
Posted 4 April.
Last edited 12 June.
Was this review helpful?
48.7 hrs on record
A great sequal to Dungeon Keeper. There's not as many creature and room types as DK2, but the ones you have serve the purpose well, and they can be upgraded to more powerful creature types later on. One feature that this game has that DK2 didn't is the ability to fill sections of your dungeon back in so that you can funnel the heroes where you want them. This is, in my opinion, one of the best features in the game.A lot of people have complained about the surface battles, but I thought they were ok. The developers chose to focus on dungeon management rather than full RTS control. Don't go in expecting Warcraft III. The only thing I really miss from DK2 was the ability to capture enemies and imprison them. But, its not that big of a deal.Overall, this game was well thought out and designed. Loads of fun.
Posted 19 November, 2015.
Was this review helpful?
23.0 hrs on record
Fantastic game. In its own way, a much better tomb raider game than the last Tomb Raider reboot. It has a great mix of puzzles and combat, an interesting variety of weapons, and plenty of achievements and unlocks to keep you coming back. A fantastic value for the price. (I paid $2. Would have easily paid much more.)
Posted 5 October, 2015.
Was this review helpful?
68.7 hrs on record
Fantastic game. I am enjoying it much more than either Endless Space (another by the same developer) or any of its competitors I have tried (Age of Wonders 3, Fallen Enchantress). I love the one-city-per-region mechanic. It cuts back on the number of cities while allowing them to grow naturally on the map, but also awards thoughtful placement. Also, the way units are upgraded is a big step up in user friendliness than Fallen Enchantress. Luxury resource mechanics are also an interesting change.The only gripe I have is the fact that for every battle you have to select 'Auto' again and again if you don't want to go into tactical combat. A feature to remember the last choice, or even a feature to set the default would have been nice.Overall, great game. Highly recommended.
Posted 5 October, 2015.
Was this review helpful?
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 eye of the beholder 的文章

随机推荐