Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 21 Oct, 2014
Dealspwn Editor's Choice Award: &Excellent& 9/10
Buy Dreamfall Chapters
Recent updates
Dreamfall Chapters has been updated to v5.3. This version:
Adds German subtitles for Book Five
Adds remastered English voice files for Books 1-4, fixing inconsistencies in volume and sound quality
Fixes an issue with the 32-bit version, where players could not connect to our online database
Fixes a problem with the settings that ignored player's visual effects preferences when switching cameras
French subtitles will arrive shortly with version 5.3.1.
Our German localisation partners are still working on the voice-overs for the fourth and fifth episodes. These will be added to the game as soon as they're ready.
Dreamfall Chapters has been updated to version 5.2, which addresses a number of bugs.
This update:
Fixes a problem with buggy graphics on Mac, resulting in square, coloured artefacts appearing in scenes. This also includes other visual fixes for the Mac
Fixes an issue with missing lights in the Enclave in Book Two, affecting dialogues with Enu and Likho
Makes it easier (we hope!) to solve the musical puzzle in the Journeyman Inn for tone-deaf players
Fixes an issue with the materials on the Dreamer in chapter 7, to make it less shiny. It was too shiny. Way too shiny
Brings back missing sound-effects and voices for the guards banging on the roof gate in the Friar's Keep scene
Updates the cut-scene with Mira at the end of the Kidbot job path — nothing big, it should just look better now
Fixes an issue with buggy anchoring in the settings menu
Fixes missing collision geometry in Marcuria, which made it possible to exit the world — no more YouTube videos of flying Kians!
Boosts footsteps on wooden surfaces, which was noticeable in (e.g.) the Hand That Feeds
Improves email format check for Red Thread account setup, to notify users of things like double @s
Fixes an issue with targeting Crow on top of Klacks' stage in Book Four, which was frustrating
Fixes a problem with the light beams in the Book Four Interlude on Macs, which made it super hard to solve the puzzle. Other light beams should also be improved now on Mac
Fixes an issue where players could enter the vintner's booth and confuse the vintner in Book Five. You don't want to confuse the vintner
Fixes an issue where you could open the game menu while a scene faded in, which caused the game to stop responding when loading a previous save
Some smaller fixes which might rightly be considered spoilers if we included them here, so we didn't
This version does not include German and French subtitles. These will be included in version 5.3, which is tentatively scheduled for next week.
“A fascinating game with interwoven tales, beautiful set pieces and believeable protagonists, Dreamfall is going strong and only getting started.”
90% –
“continues to pack punch after punch”
8/10 –
“couples a believable, superbly written lead character with complex decisions in a promising start”
8.5/10 –
About This Game
Dreamfall Chapters is the follow-up to award-winning adventures The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey: a story about choices and consequences, dreams and reality, magic and science, chaos and order, and the broken heroes whose actions will shape the course of history in all worlds.
Set in parallel worlds — one a dark cyberpunk vision of the future, the other a magical fantasy realm — the game follows two unlikely heroes on their journeys across worlds to save the very fabric of reality from the Undreaming. Dreamfall Chapters is a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heartbreaking adventure that will take you by surprise.
With a brand new storyline and a fresh cast of characters, Dreamfall Chapters introduces new players to The Longest Journey saga, while returning players will get the conclusion they have been waiting for since the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Experience a deep and emotional storyline that continues the epic saga of The Longest Journey — an award-winning story the New York Times called “compelling” and “terrific”
Sequel to acclaimed Adventure Game of the Year, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. A recap of Dreamfall is available in-game for new players
Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
Connect your game and see the choices your Steam and Facebook friends have made before making your own, and share your decisions with everyone playing the game
Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of the future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 12 GB available space
Sound Card: Yes
Recommended:
Processor: Quad Core i5 2.5GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI or Nvidia card with 2GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Minimum:
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Recommended:
Graphics: ATI or Nvidia card with 1GB VRAM
Minimum:
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Recommended:
Graphics: ATI or Nvidia card with 2GB VRAM
Dreamfall and The Longest Journey logo are registered trademarks of Funcom.
Funcom. All rights reserved.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Very Positive
(102 reviews)
Very Positive
(1,882 reviews)
Loved this game! I missed some details in the end having not played previous games, but still enojoyed every bit of this one. Great story, beautiful world. Would play again!
So... Where do I begin? Well, this in one of the best video games by far for people to whom the storyline of the game matters more than the gameplay. Amazing story to say the least. Great character building and climaxes in the story along with relevance to actual status quo. The conflicts, political and other in the story of the game are relatable to the real world. Other than that, great graphics, concept art, and choices to be made by the players that shape story progression. It's a fascinating game at best, no exaggerations. I hardly spend money on video games but I couldn't resist from buyng this one and it was money well spent.
Dreamfall Chapters has several Drawbacks, that should be considere before buying.The Graphics, particular the character models are not the best, especially in the cutscenes.The Controls are clumsy, it is frustrating so search for an interactive part for a puzzle, because it is hard to get a feeling for the controls.Speaking of puzzles. they do not always make sense.Don't be ashamed of looking up the solutions, because sometimes, the puzzle can be completly strange.But the game is still worth its price, if you are searching for the one thing it offers:Storytelling.The Story is engaging, considerably complex, and well written.The game is full of Cutscenes and Cinematics, often you just sit in front of your PC and watch.And it has a Plot twist, or two.The choices you make, do matter,
but it is not like you would be missing a whole lot in your first playthrough.If not for achievements, the game offers little replayabiltiyI've put 50 hours in it because i wanted all achievements, if you are not in this collection thing, you may end up at 30-40.
I've to mention that I didn't buy this game directly.I stopped playing and uninstalled it
because it doesn't go right with my religion and beliefs. There's only one God and I don't play games whose the story/scenario isn't around that.In addition I don't like the boyfriend/girlfriend thing that has the main character.
The game is a bit clunky and hard to figure out where you are headed at first. It seems really complete for the first few chapters and then seems to fill everything in at the end very quickly without you being able to do much about it. Choices per usual do not really seem to matter, to me at least. If there are different endings I do not think that I would spend the time to find them as the story is a bit slow and you seem to be doing things that are not all that intersting for the most part. With all of that said the game does have an interesting story and is worth a play. IMHO it was worth the money and wait for the additional chapters.
I am enjoying this game SO SO MUCH! &3 Loved it! And I didn't played the ones before! But I WILL! :D
DreamFall Chapters (DFC) is a good game with small(ish) production values.I played the whole game at once so the episodic problems were not apparent to me. I also played The Longest Journey (TLJ) and DreamFall (DF) quite recently. Pluses: very good overall story, replayability due to choices, nice graphics (especially models)Minuses: even though the game looks good (models are good, scenery is ok) the animations are bad, the overall story is good but many subplots and side-stories feel incomplete, some explanations are missing, lackluster gameplay (very few items and puzzles) feels more like an interactive story than an adventure(quest) game.TLJ was a complete story/incident in this universe (the missing guardian/balance problems). DF was not - it was only the first part of another story/incident (the problems with dreams). DFC is the second part of the story started in DF, so anyone who played DF should play DFC.And also by the same reasoning, playing DFC without playing DF makes absolutely no sense. And TLJ should also be played to really enjoy/understand this game.I hope there will be another game in this universe.
A mere shadow of the games that came before it, it is, unfotunately, merly adequate as a conclusion to two of the best adventure games ever made.I will miss April and Zoe. Most of all, however, I will miss Bird (I mean Crow, sorry bird!).
I didn't play the first game, but the minute I started playing this one it had me, I played through it in two sittings! This game has all the things a good story needs, mystery, suspense, villains and heroes and traitors, assassins and spies and its got alot of suprises and intense decision making that makes you have to slow down and really think about your choices. Lets just say this is a must have game for everyone and it has great replay value, I'm definitely playing through it again with different choices, its very funny, dirty and dark at the same time.
I've been playing this series of games for well over a decade and I'm glad that we were finally able to get some resolve to the story with Dreamfall Chapters. I would love to play the final sequel (The Longest Journey: Home) if it ever comes into being. Chapters is a very story-driven game. I love that, but I could have done with a bit more puzzle solving and/or mini-games. All in all this was a good game.
Dreamfall Chapters recovers from its dreary first half to create an interesting adventure and a worthy sequel. The opening few episodes disappoint because they are verbose, uninteresting, and tedious. Even the puzzles can be arbitrary, or illogically linear. The second half marks a dramatic improvement, largely due to returning characters, fantastical locations and concise delivery. It focuses on the enticing parts of the story while avoiding the menial tasks from the opening episodes. If you are a fan of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey then this sequel will deliver an adequate resolution to those dramatic events, and it offers several avenues to continue in the future.
Was this review helpful?
After more than 15 years, one of the best adventure games finally came to an end. Short review: This game is a must-play for those who enjoy adventure games, captivating (albeit confusing at times) storylines and beautiful visuals. No need to wait for Steam sale.Long review:: My heart feels heavy saying goodbye to this series. It's far from perfect, but I felt close to the main characters. So this is like saying farewell to a best friend of 15+ years.Pros:- Beautiful visuals- Interesting main characters- Easy gameplay- Engaging storyCons- Puzzles were too easy- Dialogues can be unnecessarily long-winded- Complex storyline with some unanswered questions at the endThe Longest Journey still takes the cake in my book, but at least Dreamfall Chapters is much better than Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, in my opinion. But anyone serious enough to fully immerse themselves into the story should play the whole trilogy. It's worth it.
Was this review helpful?
To fans of the franchise, this has been an incredible, incredible journey. A beautiful game with a compelling story and very memorable characters, Dreamfall Chapters successfully concluded the The Longest Journey saga almost 10 years after the last game, with what I can say to be an awfully magnificent ending - to say the least. The Epilogue, for me, did not fail to bring back all those memories of the previous games and turn them into a remarkably emotional experience [spoilers](the part with the photograph of Saga's parents really got me)[/spoilers].While the first three Books were pretty weak, in my opinion, with slow conversations and repetitive puzzles, Books 4 and 5 compensated the lackluster progression of the story. But this made Book 5 this kind of platform where they dash out all elements the developers had in their garage, making it somewhat 'rushed' - not in a bad way, but it's a bit too much information to pack into one Book. Though it's amazing to slowly realize that Funcom have already planned the story back in 2006, or probably even back in 2000 with the first game.I can say this: the graphics in Dreamfall Chapters is absolutely gorgeous. The textures and environments is one of the best for and indie game. But this left with a performance issue players with less-than-stellar computers suffer, players who managed to run the first two games pretty decently, and frankly players who make up the majority of the player base for Dreamfall Chapters. Nevertheless it's the animation that put me off. You can have the best graphics a game engine can render, but if the characters aren't replicating basic human movements it's not really believable. BUT, I personally don't mind - the voice acting was superb and the music and atmosphere readily compensated this. If you're an adventure gamer but prefer motion capture that goes with its characters, play Heavy Rain instead.If you consider the replayability with at least 40 hours of gameplay (including multiple playthrough with different decisions), yes this is worth the full price (at least in my region). I bought this back when Book One was just released back in late 2014, so stretched out 1.5 years it's not as bad as some other titles.For newer players who are interested in Dreamfall Chapters I suggest you play the first two games first, this way you can really appreciate all the little details this game has to offer - if you don't, you won't even understand The Epilogue! Trust me, pressing the Story So Far button in the menus will not make you understand what is going on - at least play Dreamfall first if you're not the type to play a turn-of-the-century point-and-click adventure game with 'bad graphics'.Honestly, I can't stress how much of an emotional rollercoaster Book Five and the whole saga has been. There are no words. Play this damn game.
Was this review helpful?
Excellent visuals, great soundtrack, and storytelling at its finest!9/10I recommend playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey prior to this
Was this review helpful?
Let's be honest, its not a real adventure game, more like an interactive movie (nobody expected hard quests from it tbh). Animation and other technical things could be better... But who cares? I'm a long time fan, from the very beginning. Still one of my favorite series. Touching, mysterious, colorful, immersive. One of the greatest worlds I've ever seen in games (and I've seen a lot of them). Deep, diverse characters, you really like them. They make you laugh and cry, even if they move like robots. And this plot... never seen anything like that. I cried in the end and I don't care.Yes, may be I don't judge this game rationally. Clearly it has faults (it is a Kickstarter project for god's sake, nobody expected a technological marvel). But for me it is just love. It is the connection on emotional level. I guess you need to be a fan of the trilogy to truly understand this. Otherwise you can be disappointed and I get why there are negative reviews.I whish this Longest Journey never ended...
Was this review helpful?
Okay, I'm re-writing my original review because when I wrote it, the game only had one chapter :P I just finished the whole thing and wow! It's a fabulous experiance for fans and maybe even for newcomers as it does explain some elements of the past games enough to let newbies enjoy it too.I love the character designs, from surreal to highly decorated, to creepy and etherial. I have only one gripe: clues, or rather lack of! The puzzles are well thought out and logical but there's no clues on how to complete them and you really have to hunt high and low for the solutions which can take half an hour to fourty five minutes, I think all the game needs to be perfect is a hint system or introduction of better clues in the objecttives. Aside from that I really enjoyed it a lot, shame it's all over now *cries*Farewell Stark, Arcadia, April, Zoe, Crow and everyone else, it's been a fabulous journey all these years, and in the future, when more years pass, I'll pick it up again and enjoy it once more. :)
Was this review helpful?
This is truly an outstanding game. I enjoyed it like I would enjoy a fantasy book as a child. I get some Neverending Story vibes from this game and even if I haven't played the previous games yet, I will start doing it right away.I got into this series by playing some hours of Dreamfall: The longest journey. I was hoping to get a similar experience with memorizable characters, great dialogues and an interesting story. I got all of this playing Dreamfall: Chapters.I can definitely recommend this game, but I'll use this review to voice some things that made enjoying this game slightly difficult.AnimationsThe main thing that bothered me was the poor execution of the animations in this game. Some of them are well done, but most of the more dynamic scenes are just awful. You want to catch an arrow mid-air? Just extend your hand and rotate your head. The game feels like a puppet show. It's so sad, because there are so many epic cutscenes and moments in this game and you just have accept them being cheesy. And I can't understand it - the quality just varies so much and I have to believe that that does not come from not being able to create better animations, but not giving the animators enough time and resources to do their job.ChoicesWell, I understand that all choice-driven games will at some point boil down to being linear. I don't have a problem with my choices not having an impact on the main plot, but the second half of the game felt like every choice that actually mattered to me was ignored or had really little impact. I'm especially angry at Reza suddenly showing up and having a baby with Zoe, even if I did everything to never see him again and april ryan not being properly explained if you don't know her, making every scene about her a confusing mess, including the ending where she steps out of the doorIf you can live with that, you'll get a great story that doesn't shy away from expecting the player from thinking. I love that the dialogues aren't dumbed down so that everyone can understand what is going on. It's mysterious and magical.This game could be a masterpiece and is easily one of the best games I ever played. The only thing that keeps me from absolutely falling in love with this gem are the horribly stiff and undynamic animations and the thought that without the cheesiness the game could deliver the story so much better.
Was this review helpful?
The conclusion to the Dreamfall saga sure is an amazing one. This game answers the majority of questions left open in the previous games, and delivers some insane plot-twists and heart breaking moments along the way.Good:- Wonderful conclusion to an amazing story- Great writing, great characters, great sense of humor- Difficult choices that have unforseeable consequences- Graphics are pretty good, especially after playing the last 2 games.- Many great throwbacks to the previous gamesBad:- Too many &find specific object& puzzles, all of which are annoying- Wondering the semi-open-world cities was nice at first, but got old quickly- Not enough puzzles inside Storytime. Those were the only ones that were actually fun, and there were barely any of
them.- Animation during cutscenes is often very stiff and... well, just bad- Can't believe I'm saying this after the previous game's painfully bad combat system but... I felt a combat system should have been in this game. Kian is a master swordsman and it's a shame that we don't really get to experience that.I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great story - But you have to play the first 2 games before this. The story just would not make any sense at all otherwise.
Was this review helpful?
An epic game and a true work of art with an amazeing story, hope to see more!!!!!
Was this review helpful?
I'm not sure how much someone can enjoy this game without playing the previous ones, at least Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. But I have played both of them, and for me this trilogy (as one game) will always be in my TOP 5 no matter what games come next. I don't care if the game is not perfect. It has many weak points. But this game is not a product that has been just produced, it was not ordered by a big company for some profit. It's not made to have great points in various rating systems, it's made to finish a story that needed to be finished. And it's a piece of art.It has a perfect story ending and possible spin-off stories which I would love to see in some new games. Thank you for finishing my favourite story with this game.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 steam vr多少钱 的文章

随机推荐