Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 16 Feb, 2012
Buy Starpoint Gemini
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends 4 July
-80%? 45? 9
Downloadable Content For This Game
About This Game
Starpoint Gemini is an RPG tactical simulator focused on the control and strengths of individual vessels. In SPG ship captains and their skills make the greatest difference in large-scale battles. The games is set in a science-fiction universe where various thriving technological directions exist side by side.
After spending almost twenty years trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly, unaware of the passage of time, player reemerges into normal space to find Gemini and indeed everything he knew, had changed beyond recognition.
The Gateway stood as the entry point to the Gemini system, but events that took place two decades ago closed the wormhole and practically sealed the system off of the rest of the universe. The isolation and the appearance of countless anomalies enabled unforeseen technological advancements. Political intrigues, greed and lust for power have shaped the fate of Gemini and it is almost time for reckoning .
Players will freely traverse the rich and filled vastness of the Gemini star system, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to learn more powerful maneuvers and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships. Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the more daring and capable captain.
Free-roaming space waiting to be explored.
Vast and interesting Gemini star system, divided into more than fifty large sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace torrents, called T-Gates.
Numerous space stations, asteroid mining bases, asteroid fields filled with ore to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and much more are all there to create a deep and immersive experience of a living star system.
Deep and intriguing storyline filled with schemes and twists, drives the player further into the main plot.
Numerous scripted side missions offer a break from the main plot and give more insight into the setting of Starpoint Gemini.
More than 300 Freelance missions can be found and taken on stations through Freelance commission.
Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
Diverse skill system offers more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers.
Increasing your rank leads to more options including the ability to purchase larger ship classes.
Choose from many different perks to gain additional passive bonuses.
Ships have special built in abilities, which makes even smaller ship classes very useful in fleet battles.
Upgrade your ships with more than 300 ship systems ranging from weapons and energy shields to power cores and thrusters.
Enlist additional experienced personnel for your ships to gain skill bonuses.
Random global events will influence almost all aspects of the game world (like chance for pirate encounters or commodity prices). '
A comprehensive &Captain's Log& will enable you to keep track of ongoing missions and events.
Four new ship designs add to the already large number of unique vessels
50 new special ship systems that can only be awarded for victories in Gladiators
Outer Horizon, a new sector of Gemini where the special tournament is held
Series of difficult combat situations like Free-for-all and Team fights
Completely free-of-charge as a big thank you to everyone who supported us in developing and improving Starpoint Gemini
System Requirements
Processor:2.0 GHz Single core
Memory:768 MB RAM
Graphics:DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 128MB RAM, Shader 3.0 or better
DirectX(R):dx90c
Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible sound Card
Starpoint Gemini (C) 2011 Little Green Men Games. Developed by Little Green Men Games. Licensed exclusively worldwide to and published by Iceberg Interactive B.V.
All brands, product names, and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Made in Europe.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Mostly Negative
(76 reviews)
I can't recommend this game in anyway shape and or form. I've done everything to view controls. No options available so therefore - review and THUMBS DOWN DON&T BUY THIS crap
I like this game, if you are looking for a solo player spade game to spend hours of fun on this is it!! alot of hard core space gamers might talk crap, but this is a legit game that is worth playing.
Every time I start compaign, I see this:[Window Title]StarpointGemini.exe[Main Instruction]StarpointGemini.exe has stopped working[Content]A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.[Debug] [Close program]Tried all solutions I found and can imagine, nothing works. Something is terribly wrong with this software. Community Hub contains lots of such requests asking for help and no one from game support staff ever answered. Looks like the only thing they did -- downvoted negative reviews.
I've played this many hours on another platform before it was available on steam, and am surprised at all of the negative reviews for this game, as I recall having nothing but fun with this game and was VERY happy to see the devs go ahead with Starpoint Gemini 2.It is a fun third person(more or less it's not really isometric and it's definitely not first person, similar to star wolves) space sim in a more or less open world.There were a fair number of missions available, although the details are a bit hazy now as it has been quite some time since I've played this game, all I know beyond these admittedly vague details is that I had a great deal of fun with this game, putting in probably c.30h and was very happy to see that they were pushing ahead with Starpoint Gemini 2 along with all of the discussed improvement.
Admittedly I
have NOT yet gottren around to really sitting down with SPG2 yet although I did play a bit VERY EARLY in early access and decided to wait for release/closer to release but since have been OBE.Fair warning though, I am a space sim fanboi and pretty much will buy ANYTHING that is not a completely arcade space sim.
Also I've played a great deal of Star Wolves 1 & 2(non-steam) and enjoyed those games greatly as well, i.e. I also like strategy and RPG games and as a further digression I purchased Star Wolves 3 as soon as it was avilable but like SPG2 it languishes awaiting play.
I wanted like this game. I put over 70 hours into it. What I liked about it was the simplified controls - WSAD. The game was easy to get into. Despite the Russian voice acting, there was a storyline of sorts. What hooked me initially was the desire to upgrade my ship, weaponry, shields, equipment and captain skills.
The combat system is essentially about shield management and trying to manoeuvre your ship to the enemies weakest point (typically rear) whilst delivering maximum damage. Many times I found myself spinning my ship so I could round-robin fire my weapons to suit their firing arc. Play the game and you will understand what I mean. There are missions to do and what is akin to boss fights. But it all gets a bit monotonous. Mining is boring. The missions are repetitive. Travelling to different sectors is tedious, having to navigate to the jump points. The T-drive makes it a little easier, but some missions require jumps of 10 sectors or more, which is a chore.Having maxed out my ship, crew and talents, I kept playing the game, hoping for a grand finale. It was a let down. I persisted with this game and I should not have. Oh it also crashes regularly, so save often.
the most dummbest game i
have ever seen
Bugs and CtD when u play the main campaign.Needs do a lot of work to get working (If is possible).Do NOT buy.
If you like a game that feels like a cross between Freelancer and Starfleet Command, you could give Starpoint Gemini a try. I am certainly enjoying it!Pros:+Freedom to explore at your leisure. Do whatever you want inbetween story missions+Lots of ships and equipment to choose from+Tactical micromanagement a la Starfleet Command (targetting enemy subsystems)+Excellent tutorial and low learning curve (but follow it to the letter, or it forces you to restart)+Character customisation and RPG elements (levels, perks, abilities (called maneuvers) )Cons:-Poor voice acting. The writing is okay though, and you can mute the voices, so it really is a non-issue-Occassional crash to desktop when jumping between systems seem common for many players (thankfully the game autosaves before a jump)Comments:Controls may feel clunky, but that's because there is a lot to manage. You can pause the game at any time by pressing F. During this pause you can do things like plot a course, check out the enemy ship's equipment and assign targets. Pausing mid-combat makes the game a lot more manageable.Tip:If you can't dock at T-gates or stations, it is probably because you are still in combat-mode. Turn it off by pressing the big red button at the b)
Worst purchase of my life and that?s coming from a guy who bought Aliens: Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever.First of all the game promises easy handling and stuff like that, it should be easy to get used to everything. Well that?s the first lie. The controls are unnecessary stupid and complicated because of the point & click feature, and you wouldn?t think that of this feature. Also you have to do EVERYTHING on your own. I mean come on, it?s a f***ing spaceship you are controling here, there HAS TO BE something that runs automatically! You have to fire your weapons on your own, you have to make combat repairs on your own, you have to maneuver on your own, omfg I guess you have to remember your crew how to breathe because they?re not f****ing doing anything!Then there are &abilities&... I?m just saing at this point that those things do NOTHING. Unnecessary bs that does not what it promises, not even on higher levels. They could have at least given you some usefull passive abilities.I could go much further on about how much the gameplay sucks, but I have better things to do.And there is an even bigger problem what makes the bad gameplay even worse:Constant crashing to desktop whenever you jump to another system... I mean really?It is a turd of a game and I?m not even able to play it properly? I PAID 14 BUCKS FOR THAT CRAP!Playing in windowed mode reduces the crashes to every second or third system jump, but it?s still not okay!So what I?m telling you is: If you want to spend 5 to 15 bucks on something, spend it on something better! Go watch a movie, buy something nice for your parents, or buy a BETTER game!Sorry but this game really got me furios.
I can do tutorial but after that i started a new game and it lets me do nothing, wow i spent the money and all its good for is a screen saver thanks alot.
2 people found this review funny
Don't be turned off so quickly by all of the other bad reviews – I would say that some of these people are stuck on &beauty is skin deep.&
I can agree with the other revie if you have big standards for shiny polish on games, you might want to avoid this one.
The graphics are dated, the controls take some getting used to (I keep having to look at the configuration to figure out what I pressed by accident, even after 15 hours).
There are bugs and CTD's.
You can’t dock with T-gates sometimes or steer.
The camera gets stuck at odd angles on occasion and you have to change sectors to fix it.
The music selection leaves a bit to be desired.
The radio chatter is repeatable.
One guy complained the tutorial was too long!
I found it was just right for the complexity of the game and it got the basics down quite quickly.
You just have to wait patiently for them to read all the text on the screen out (there is no “click to skip”).
As for graphics, the sector backdrops are a bit washed out for my liking, I love the colorful and crisp sector graphics in X3.
The music, though quite good, has a very limited number of tracks and is quite repeatable. HOWEVER, this game has engaged me happily for over 20 hours now, and I’m only halfway through the campaign with very little extra exploration.
The campaign can be challenging at some times, but I found it was a bit too easy to make money and afford a dreadnaught.
It seems you need to do this in order to make good progress in the campaign.
At one stage in the campaign you lose your ship, however you keep all of your equipment and cash.
No problem, at that time I had enough to buy three new dreadnaughts.
So yes, the campaign is a bit out of balance sometimes.
In the campaign, there is a lot of &fly to this sector, blow up this ship, then fly to that sector.&
But it's all wrapped up in a package that keeps it enjoyable, as you search for derelict ships to loot, Rogue containers to crack open and steal goodies from, and fight off pirates that randomly attack you.
You can speed up monotonous travel by getting a T-Drive, but then you miss out a lot of the sightseeing opportunities along the way, and also chances to dock at stations to find better equipment than what you already have.
If you are excited by the prospect of boarding and capturing ships, this game does it nicely!
If you love to customize ship equipment (weapon slots, shield slots, engine slots), you'll enjoy this game.
If you want to play with over 50 different ships, each having different special abilities, you'll enjoy this game.
If you like RPG-style characters, where you can focus on specific weapon types (beam vs. plasma) and improve your skills as you level up, you'll enjoy this game.
You can even hire different officers, each which will add to your perks or boost one or more of your ship stats.
The game gives you the possibility to line up your stats and perks to make an ultra-powerful beam-equipped ship destroys everything easily, until you hit an enemy who has shields and equipment specifically set up to resist beam weapons.
Then you’re screwed.
What fun!!!The game has many aspects familiar to Freelancer - faction names and how they're handled, station names, station designs, radio chatter, jump gates.
It also shares common control mechanisms with Eve Online, including 2D controls, ship configurations and character skill leveling.
I wouldn't call it a &rip off& rather it combines many of the great elements from other games, while setting up a solid new story and universe to enjoy them in.
It's all tied together quite well in an engaging way, and I am continuously reminded of fond times I had playing Freelancer and Eve in years past.
I have been looking awhile now for a good new space game to enjoy.
After playing SG1, I am even more excited now for the release of SG2.
Well done, Little Green Men!
Was this review helpful?
Got this game with the early access of the second one and i have to say I cant believe i missed this one! ok the voice acting is pretty basic and its a bit old now but if you want a game where you can have epic battles like sins well this is it! I love it because its different! ive played many space sims but this one is a gem! best way to put this game is a cross between star trek and sins.
Was this review helpful?
Starpoint Gemini is a very good game in many ways. The missions are great and test your skills almost to a point of frustration (Save often). After each mission you are given free play untill you reach a certain level at which time the next mission begins, this free play time is to make money and upgrade your ship, weapons and shields, use it to your advantage and the missions are a little easier, squander them or rush to advance makes life tough.Downsides are the game is based on an unrealistic 2 planes (no up or down) and the frequent crashes when jumping to new systems (game autosaves at each jumpgate so when it crashes you restart at the gate you crashed at). There are other little downsides in the game, like slow docking, random attacks that you can't win (again, save often) and systems that don't load right in the missions (not often) that makes you reload to continue.Although this game is a little weak on realistic space flight it is a very engaging game that I find myself playing for hours on end and seldom tire of. It has it's quirks as any game does and if you ever played a game called Freelancer this game would be a distant second, but I love to play it and would recommend it to anyone who loves open universe space epics. Great missions and storyline mixed with great free play make this one a must have.
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
Every time I start compaign, I see this:[Window Title]StarpointGemini.exe[Main Instruction]StarpointGemini.exe has stopped working[Content]A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.[Debug] [Close program]Tried all solutions I found and can imagine, nothing works. Something is terribly wrong with this software. Community Hub contains lots of such requests asking for help and no one from game support staff ever answered. Looks like the only thing they did -- downvoted negative reviews.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
SPG is far from a polished release. It has lots of little problems, copious disabling of the save function, clunky dialogue with a horrible translation, annoyingly repetitive and random voice overs, some horrible accents and voice acting, a simplistic ui with no customization that routinely conflicts with itself, dated graphics, few ease of life features like map waypoints/autopilot/market comparisons, labourious buying and selling procedure, you can only have one ship at any one point, tiny module inventory in each station, split functionality between the overview and radar map, balance which ensures the majority of the ships (ie the smaller ones) are redunant for the later game, HORRIBLE collision detection between your ship and asteroids (You will exclaim at some point during your playthrough &I was ????ing miles from that asteroid!&), and there are probably other things I am forgetting.However despite all this they still manage to craft an engaging experience. The plot is interesting, the world is large, combat and movement is simplified but not too simple and the missions have a bit of variety.As the above paragraphs should attest, it's faults are many and varied and on the surface may seem to outweigh the positives but it somehow adds up to (mostly) fun. I am 32 hours in and still going strong.
Was this review helpful?
I really can't recommend Starpoint Gemini. This was Iceberg's first game, and I'm afraid it shows. I can see what they were going for, but it just doesn't come together in a satisfying way. Presentation-wise, the game manages to look dated (ship models) and beautiful (nebulas and planet vistas) at the same time. I can live with that. I could't live with the voice acting though, which I'm sure must be done by the dev team, or someone they kidnapped off the street. Fortunately for the sake of your sanity you can turn this off. More worrying though is the UI, which is confused, overly complicated, and a royal pain in the ???. Even basics such as turning your ship aren't handled well: you can either left click to turn the ship towards the point you clicked, which is useless for anything to the side or behind you, or you can hit the A and D keys which turn the ship in what seem like 30 degree increments per press, with multiple presses resulting in prolonged spinning until the key presses wear off. It's manageable once you get used to it, but it's painful and makes combat a drag. That's a pity because the combat engine is fun at first, it's nicely tactical and lasers sizzle and whump appropriately, but I found it soon became frustrating due mainly to the very h your ship only has a narrow firing arc, everything else it seems can out-turn you, so lining up to take a shot means your front shields are quickly toasted with you being barbequed shortly afterwards.The other problem is that the living universe is merciless, and high level rogue (pirate) ships crash your nice low-level party with frustrating regularity. I had to replay the first mission about four times because I kept getting jumped by high level pirates that laid waste to everyone including my puny level 1 ship. It's a pity the quicksave button doesn't work, because you have to save a lot... except it doesn't actually let you save during the prolonged and tedious dialogs and during mission events. Eventually you start to get a handle on things, and there were moments such as the first time I flew inside a nebula that the game almost starts to sing, but then it's gone. Side-missions from stations largely involve flying to a point and clicking a couple of icons, or flying to a rogue ship and getting blasted within seconds. After a few hours I realised that I just wasn't having any fun because I'd played this game before in much better forms. However, the silver lining is Starpoint Gemini 2, which is apparently so massively better as to be a completely different game. I'd start there if I were you.
Was this review helpful?
I'm torn.I'm NOT recommending thisa game, despite my love for its mechanic, its tactics a not because it's dated, not because there's a few bugs here and there and not because of the awful dialogue in the story mode - because ultimately, they actually kind of endear me to the title.
It's because of the lack of certain features.Cross Freelancer with Star Trek Legacy and you've pretty much got the general premise, barring the storyline - which, in and of itself, isn't ridiculous... it's just the dialogue that's awful.So what's missing that's so damned important if I'm going to be so forgiving in other realms of the game?The trading system.
The core of being a merhant.
THis game invites you to scan and mine, scan and board, scavenge from derelicts, even pick up cargo and flog it elsewhere... BUT where?In games like Freelancer (being the best and closest example to this game), but also in the likes of the X series or Elite, Starpoint Gemini boasts the opportunity to be a merchant and make so money via filling your cargo hold and getting that stuff to someone who might actually pay for it... but you have absolutely no way of knowing WHERE that might be - there's no tickerline to tell you that System A has
deal on XYZ, while System B is desperate for XYZ and will pay +50% of the going rate.If you examine an item in the commodities, and equipment but there's no problem with the systems mechanic at all, you can learn the Average Price of that commodity (assumably in relation to all the ports in the game) and then when you go to purchase it then, and only then, can you determine it's actual price in the outpost you're in at the time.This makes for some really slow commodity training and then flying about without a clue who will pay more for your goods is infuriating: eg.:Picked up Holoparts and Medical Supplies from a gaff in Kingsway (I think) at 20 to 30 over the average market price (which isn't actually that bad by all accounts) because it'd been the lowest price I'd seen for a wee bit.
Then went hunting through the next 7 systems trying to find someone who would buy them for more - scouring every station, every hole, every system in the hopes of selling at a profit.Now, maybe I could see if there's a wiki, but why should I?
Yeah, I would consider the sandbox mode over the story mode for further play (due to the significant difficulty of having a new ship in time to run head long, within the story, in to a sortie of ships that far outclass my own and all the other Bots just fold and die a bit too quickly to be useful) and that might give me enoigh time to figure out trade lanes for myself, but I could get that same action from Freelancer or the X series, heck even EVE Online if I was so inclined.I want to like this game, I do likle this game, I just can't recommend it because of some potentially game-breaking features that NEEDED to be in the game.Oh, and beware the Tutorial.
It is magnificently literal - you WILL LEARN one step at a time and NO faster!Plus, if you still fancy a bash at this game, which, for it's age is still a bit on the awesome grrovy side in my humble opinion, I'd STRONGLY consider the following:Specialise in no more than 5 skills and be careful which officers you hire...Remap your controls!
No seriously, rethink how to make this game work through re- personally, I managed to really ramp up my effectiveness by employing an almost WoW like fasy-key logic - transferring power, burst fire, distress call, docking, scans, boarding etc. all within one row of keys and suddenly I'm a devastating force of nature...
in Sandbox mode... :DThis could be the game for you, but if it is, you're going to have a few moments where you want to ask the developper why they missed a couple of bits out, but then you might just love it because of what was essentially a lovely build based on a hither-to under-exploited game genre, but then Freelancer is a pretty tough game to top, am I right?)
Was this review helpful?
For the patient player willing to spend the time to work through the lengthy hour-long tutorial, Starpoint Gemini delivers a rich, polished space exploration freelancer experience.
The game supports widescreen resolutions, the Steam Overlay, and is complimented by a relaxing musical score.
Unfortunately, the graphics are inferior to other space titles such as X3, and the Russian accented narration is nearly unintelligible at points, this game is a solid edition to the genre.
If you enjoy games like X3 or EVE online, you will probably find much to like in Starpoint Gemini.
Was this review helpful?
A space sandbox with a strong Elite/Freelancer feel. A big open world, load of different ships, weapons, factions, tactics - everything that makes a good space sandbox is included. Very simple to learn and play. Decent consistent plot. Some bugs, none are game-breaking, most are easily circumvented. Voice acting is a bit lame.Overall - very nice game for the money. Expect 20-50 hours of gameplay before you finish the plot line/get bored of playing.
Good if you want to try out the genre without much effort. And buy the second game. It is better in every way.Things to consider before you buy- it's a &2,5d& game, with very basic physics.- You do not pilot a small single-seat ship, you command a large vessel with gun turrets and crew.- Some RPG elements are present.
Was this review helpful?
Remember to save up a ton of money - or sell your ship - before you're called in to do a certain space station defense story mission. Otherwise, you'll end up destroying all the enemies just because you can -& Proceed to complete the mission -& then watch as your ship gets blown up because there were &too many enemies& and someone had to stay behind as bait for the evacuation.
Didn't you blow them all up?On the very next mission, you end up in a weaponless shuttle with no afterburners and paper-thin shields.
Your mission?
Infiltrate a heavily guarded military compound deep in the heart of enemy territory.
Wow, lo and behold, the alarm trips while you're right in the middle and you have to escape.Not...happening.
In a fit a frustration, on the 5th restart or so, I broke story and used the money I had left to purchase a ship with weapons, loaded it with the best gizmos for its class (jump drive and afterburners not optional), and proceeded to barely survive that mission.This game has that and more plot holes.
Mainly, whoever had designed the game continually assumes you're still piloting that dinky starting freighter instead of working your ??? off to buy a class 10 dreadnought with the latest upgrades.That wasn't all that ?????? me off, this game took a page from Freelancer and added radio chatter.
However, if you listen closely to the radio chatter, it ends up being one of three things.
Something about law enforcement are all pigs.
Some guy being interdicted and scanned.
And something else.
Wow, I'm happy that I'm finally forgetting what they were saying.
After listening to the inane chatter for the several hours that I played the game, you'd think it'd have sunk in more.
Ah, but wait till you get into battle.
Then you're treated to a hostile cacophony and some small schmuck in the background threatening to kill you.
No, seriously.
It's like you're in a noisy nightclub and there's some guy with the band singing an accompaniment of death threats at odd times.And don't even get me started on getting killed at the very beginning because my level 1 ship can't stand up to a level 20 pirate.
Actually, I thought that was interesting.
Never mind.Still, I think the game has far too many stupid issues to be recommendable.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 starpoint gemini 2 的文章

随机推荐