用微信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
用易信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
历史上的今天
loftPermalink:'',
id:'fks_081068',
blogTitle:'法国奇幻3DMMORPG (Saga of Ryzom)正式开源---《瑞泽姆传奇》',
blogAbstract:'这个世界太疯狂—法国奇幻3DMMORPG (Saga of Ryzom)正式开源\r\n5月6日,在《The Saga of Ryzom》(法国NEVRAX公司历时八年开发完成的3DMMORPG,截止到目前仍在运营)的官方主页上传出了爆炸性的消息:Ryzom游戏将全部开源,请见消息截图。\r\n& ',
blogTag:'',
blogUrl:'blog/static/',
isPublished:1,
istop:false,
modifyTime:9,
publishTime:8,
permalink:'blog/static/',
commentCount:0,
mainCommentCount:0,
recommendCount:0,
bsrk:-100,
publisherId:0,
recomBlogHome:false,
currentRecomBlog:false,
attachmentsFileIds:[],
groupInfo:{},
friendstatus:'none',
followstatus:'unFollow',
pubSucc:'',
visitorProvince:'',
visitorCity:'',
visitorNewUser:false,
postAddInfo:{},
mset:'000',
remindgoodnightblog:false,
isBlackVisitor:false,
isShowYodaoAd:false,
hostIntro:'',
hmcon:'1',
selfRecomBlogCount:'0',
lofter_single:''
{list a as x}
{if x.moveFrom=='wap'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='iphone'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='android'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='mobile'}
${a.selfIntro|escape}{if great260}${suplement}{/if}
{list a as x}
推荐过这篇日志的人:
{list a as x}
{if !!b&&b.length>0}
他们还推荐了:
{list b as y}
转载记录:
{list d as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{if x_index>4}{break}{/if}
${fn2(x.publishTime,'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss')}
{list a as x}
{if !!(blogDetail.preBlogPermalink)}
{if !!(blogDetail.nextBlogPermalink)}
{list a as x}
{if defined('newslist')&&newslist.length>0}
{list newslist as x}
{if x_index>7}{break}{/if}
{list a as x}
{var first_option =}
{list x.voteDetailList as voteToOption}
{if voteToOption==1}
{if first_option==false},{/if}&&“${b[voteToOption_index]}”&&
{if (x.role!="-1") },“我是${c[x.role]}”&&{/if}
&&&&&&&&${fn1(x.voteTime)}
{if x.userName==''}{/if}
网易公司版权所有&&
{list x.l as y}
{if defined('wl')}
{list wl as x}{/list}to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Requires 3rd-Party Account:&Ryzom&(Supports Linking to Steam Account)
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
Languages:
Full Audio
Title: Ryzom
Genre: , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 6 May, 2016
- &Best Story Award Winner&
The Gamer - &Best Role Play Game&
- &2nd Best Sandbox MMO&
Play Ryzom
Free to Play
Recent updates
The Steam clients have been updated on May 21st 2016 to implement the following fixes:
New command /playedTime which displays the played tim
New command /version which displays the
Improvement of the connection speed to the server, now 1 second from 10
So
S
The Ryzom Team is at your disposal for any additional information and hopes to see you soon!
Ryzom Team
Dear players,
It's now possible to subscribe to Ryzom using the payment options provided by Steam.
To do so, please connect at least once to Ryzom via Steam to link your Ryzom account to your Steam account then go to
. You'll see a Steam payment option. Select a duration then wait until the &Pay with Steam& button appears. If the button doesn't appear, try again after deactivating anonymity options and/or plugins (Steam needs to know your IP).
The Ryzom team will be available for any further information and wish you best playing experience on Atys.
Ryzom Team
“The Saga of Ryzom is one of the more original MMORPGs we have ever seen.”
16/20 –
“The Saga of Ryzom boasts a dynamic world in which the mobs, NPCs and players all interact in ways that affect the overall world.”
7.3/10 –
“Ryzom is the best MMORPG I've ever played, mainly thanks to its strong universe and its marvellous community. If you're searching a MMORPG where the letters RP are well used, Ryzom is the one !”
8.6/10 –
Steam Greenlight
Ryzom warmly thanks the Steam community, whose votes allowed it to be greenlighted so quickly.
Subscription
A few years ago WinchGate, owner of Ryzom, chose to , releasing its code and to be the only open source MMORPG, playable on Windows, Linux and Mac.
However, maintaining Ryzom does involve costs, such as compensation for the small team of employees and payment for servers. That is why, even though Ryzom is playable as Free to Play, subscriptions are vital for it to continue.
To thank the players chosing to subscribe, certain features of the game are unlocked and certain bonuses an opportunity to level their characters to level 250 instead of 125, doubling all experience points gained, and access to several other means of storage.
To help Ryzom, make the choice to subscribe!
Contribution
You can contribute to Ryzom :
Artworks, Fan Art:
About This Game
Enter a unique science fantasy MMORPG and dive into a unique organic living world !
Ryzom is one of only a few commercial-grade MMORPGs that are fully open source: client, server, tools, and media. Being open source means that Ryzom draws on a vibrant community providing fixes and functionality above and beyond that of what the team can provide. It offers players a unique opportunity to become involved in the development of the game.
Far from being a frozen world, Ryzom is constantly evolving in regard to your actions. Will you spark another war? Will you found a lucrative commercial guild or aim for political power? What if your hunting talents could be decisive in the struggle against Kitins?
Pick your actions well, for each one of them may impact the world and its inhabitants!
Ryzom characters are unusual in that they are not bound to a class. That means you don't have to choose between being a warrior, a mage, a harvester or a crafter. You can improve your skills in all these classes wit you do not need to focus on one path. For example, you can, at your leisure, either train your pike handling, put on your magic amplifiers to heal or cast offensive spells, pick up your pickaxe and harvest materials, or go into crafting a new armor or weapon.
You have absolute freedom!
Ryzom offers official interactive events (with live NPC's), regular and varied, that evolve according to your actions. Nothing is preordained!
Would you like to create your own event? The Animation Team is always at your disposal and will gladly support and assist in logistics.
In addition, many guilds are prepared to open their doors to help your character evolve!
For lovers of imaginary languages, the players and Animation Team have created unique languages. Roleplay immersion guaranteed!
Picture yourself, in front of a city gate, looking at a far hill and sighting the scouts of a Kitin swarm. Now picture hundreds of Kitins following them, moving like a united and swarming army. Huge battles call for the cooperation of a great part of the community to counter these threatening invasions. And what if, one day, the Kitin were to win again, threatening hominity for the third time?
You can fight everywhere, but only when you wish to do so. Duels, outposts battles, faction of region fights... You are free to engage in them... or abstain!
Ryzom features an advanced havesting and crafting system.
Harvesting - allows you to dig materials from the ground depending on season and weather and your skill. It's not so simple once predators get involved!
Crafting - Careful combination of materials depending on their characteristics and colors, allows production of unique weapons and armors. Thousands of recipes are possible.
A powerful A.I. system allows for a realistic wildlife behavior: carnivores attack herbivorous herds, realistic and dynamic animal motions make them lively, sometimes endearing, other times worrisome. There are also mass migrations on season changes and different behavior for different species. Take your time to sit and observe the life around you, it's an unforgettable view. But be careful of predators!
Ryzom is a 3D persistent world consisting of five lush and varied ecosystems. Landscape, wildlife behavior and ground material availability all change according to season, weather and time.
Discover the beauty of the Forest in the spring, do battle in the Jungle in a rainstorm under a summer sky streaked with lightning, lose yourself in the dunes of the Desert in the fall, or relax enjoying the reflections of a winter sun on the pure water of the Lakes.
Entirely customizable character appearance upon creation: shape your avatar the way you like it!
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: 1 GHz single core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 1.2 or DirectX 9.0 with 32 MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 7 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Minimum:
Graphics: OpenGL 1.2 with 32 MB VRAM
Sound Card: OpenAL compatible
Minimum:
Graphics: OpenGL 1.2 with 32 MB VRAM
Sound Card: OpenAL compatible
(C) Winch Gate Property Limited | 75 Spyrou Kyprianou Str., 1st floor, office 102, Potamos Germasogeias, 4042 Limassol, Cyprus
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
(164 reviews)
Product received for free
um....best game ever 1/10 would recommend to anyone that loves mmorpgs. they have something going for them. this game could be the building block to somethign great to come &3
Well , i played this game with my best friend , and had so much fun we uninstalled after our 2nd quit , they sould fix everything , 1st. mob resists all of attacks , then 2nd they sould make action bar more stabile , and 3d. i dont know just k.PROS:If you are going to play this game you are Awesomeif you are going to play this game you are Humanif you are going to play this game you're reta.......... umm. good ..don't trust me im an engineergo take a baseball bat and smash your girlfriends ??? with itdont cry because you played this game.CONS:Bad movement methodesHard-to-understand tutorialsif you're a half-brained tomato like i am , you are not gonna understand no ????crafting is boringcommunity is eviland i say evilbelieve meAfter playing the game:You will download some other ???? which you will play more then thisYou will cry because you have played this gameYou are getting dead brain cellsYou are trying to find a girl for a nightYou are rejectedyou are cryingtrust me its all because of the game.
I played this for like 15 minutes and i can tell this in the worst mmorpg ive ever played. I have no other way to say it.
Black screen on startup, can't play it
slow and hard ti log out
not very enjoyable at all
a MMORPG that is realistic with the crafting, harvesting, magic and fighting.Too bad the community is filled with cringey 30 year olds that roleplay like 12 year olds.
this game way to buggy to play
weak and boring for 2016sounds , crafting , combat , skills , char creating not enough for me sorry creators
this is a very fun and adictive game with a friendly comuinty and a endless amount of possiblety so go enjoy this free to play game
Love it but maybe you could add levels?
i have played this game for 2 minutes and i am already dissapointed
Love this game, loved it when I first started in 2005, played it on and off, but always wished other MMO's were more like this one, with its skill-based characters, deep crafting and harvesting, interaction between mobs, etc...
Well, i picked up this game earlier and played it for a while. I must say if you don't count the outdated graphic and the slight ly complicated systems which are hard to understand at first, you may enjoy it. For me, well, i must bloody say it's not my type of games. I just don't feel like it's the game that i want to play for over a thousand hours of gameplay or so. Well, if you like it, please give it a good review. Overall, it deserves it.
Amazing game with a great community and lots to do! Everything you loved about mmorpgs before WoW made an industry standard to dumb them down and make them more linear. It's free to try out so give it a shot!
I enjoyed crafting at first, going out collecting new things and exploring the island.
I quickly found the edges of the world.
I started to level up to fight the monsters and collect new stuff. I had the odd chat with random people and planned missons together.
9 hours of this and it became tedious.
I had explored the island.
I had crafted everything i could.
To progress i needed to craft a few more hundred helmets and gloves.
It was good fun to start, but a few hours in and it gets repetitive quickly
WARNING!If You *ever* subscribed to Ryzom before it came to steam, you cannot play it F2P, you must subscribe or create a new account. They apparently have frequent &free& weekeends which might lul you into thinking (such as I did) that you're playing F2P, but at the end of the weekend you get a rather blunt &Subscription Required& error.Supports reponse? Pay up or create a new 'F2P from the start' account. And if you ever decide to pony up for a sub, even just for a single month, you can never go back to F2P either...
8 people found this review funny
a MMORPG that is realistic with the crafting, harvesting, magic and fighting.Too bad the community is filled with cringey 30 year olds that roleplay like 12 year olds.
Was this review helpful?
8 people found this review funny
Ryzom is not free to play.Ryzom is half free to play, the second half has a monthly fee.The new &Developers& are more like caretakers, they didnt make the game they just own it now.The new &Developers& refuse to change the much hated subscription model despite the effect it has on the games popularity.I have followed Ryzom since its birth in 2004... in all those years ryzoms ingame population was always pretty low, and it is always blamed on the silly subscription model. I highly doubt these caretakers will be able to make this game succeed where the true developers failed.Ryzom simply does not have enough content / population to justify the yearly price of 100 dollars.
Was this review helpful?
13 people found this review funny
There F2P System is based off of the old 21-day trial that was used during the time when the game was sub only. All they did was make a few tweaks to the trial no real changes were made to the game.Here's the differences of a F2P vs SUBFree to Play Accounts Free to Play Accounts Limited to Lv. 125 in All Skills Cannot Own a Mektoub Packer No Appartment Inventory Cannot Withdraw Items from Guild Halls (You can only Deposit) Unable to Craft HQ Armor Unable to Attack Outposts Unable to Extract: Prime Roots or get Prospect SpecialazationSubscription Accounts Sub Accounts Get to Lv. 250 in All Skills Can Own 3 Mektoub Packer each packer can carry 500 builk items. Able to Access Appartment Inventory holds hold 2,000 builk items. Able to Access Guild Halls Storage holds 10,000 builk items. Able to Craft HQ Armor Starting at Lv. 150 Able to Attack Outposts Starting at Lv. 200 Can Specialize the Crafting Profession Gains Double the Amount of EXP as Free to Play Accounts Able to Progress there Classes Father then Free to Play Accounts Able to use Items that are otherwise Restricted by Level.
Was this review helpful?
A LITTLE OF WHAT RYZOM HAS TO OFFER------------------------------Ryzom does things differently to most mmorpgs, there is no *classes* you can learn all skills with multiple off branches, in total there is about 63 skill tree lines you can level each one to 250 if you sub, otherwise 125 without sub. that is alot of levels and months or years of gameplay even for a f2p player.-----COMBAT-----Ryzom has unique indepth style of actions / abilities you can actually edit and modify the way you want them with different effects, to combine into your own attacks or spells. its not your basic *press slash to slash a mob* you can input aimed shots to areas such as legs or head that add debuffs aswell as increase accuracy or damage of skills consuming more resources, further from this you have a few options on what your abilities cost to use them. for example, instead of stamina it could require some HP instead, or you can add special requirements like *skill is available after a parry or dodge. this all depends on how YOU build your skills.
some mobs can also disarm you in combat and cause effects, aswell as certain mobs being more resistant to different types of damage.---------HARVESTING / CRAFTING------In my opinion Ryzom has the best harvesting and crafting system from any mmorpg similar to the attack abilities you can customise what type of resource you want to look for, the quality etc, and when you actually find resources to harvest then starts somewhat a mini game, where you have different abilities that determine the quality and amount of resource you gain using *fast, or strong or healing actions* there is chance for gas explosions that will damage you while harvesting aswell as surrounding mobs so it's not an easy mode walk in the park, you may end up with Q9 q 20 q11 mats if you arn't paying much attention. certain materials have different stat factors aswell, for example materials for ammo have different damage or weight to carry more, speed, etc all at once. Mobs also drop materials for craftingsame goes with crafting, they can sometimes *fail* somewhat so you end up with a quality lower than you wanted.
you can customize your crafting to add stats like increased parry or increased HP etc and specalize in these, you need to learn each equipment seperatly you don't go *learn armorsmith... have access to all armor* you will need to learn to craft shoulder, chest, then quality, and ontop of this you can learn to craft other races armors and wear them.--------Other Bits---------Ryzom has seasons changes, weather and day / night. which can determine which mobs are available in some area's most other mmorpgs don't have this to the same extent.Ryzom has different factions and reputation you can align to.Despite what I keep reading, Ryzom does have missions / quests but its not linear story guided holding your hand like most mmorpgs and there is not 100,000 of them. if you don't want to do them you don't have to and they are mainly for fun / get some coin etc (beyond the starter zone which has tutorial quests to help you out)there is death penalty for dying, which can stack up to 10x ( need to regain xp before you can xp towards skills) so dying does has its downfalls unlike most games.As for graphics sure it is not the most up to date, but it is better then alot of eastern grind clones, and if you use gfx injectors / software like SweetFX to tweak it to hdr/enhance it yourself. personally i don't care about graphics on games, it is a silly thing to judge by, its all about game mechanics.There is housing, guilds, achievements, occuptions seperate from crafting for moneys etc,----------------------------------after all this and more, if you still don't like the game then that is unfortunate, but the game won't be for everyone. however those leaving silly reviews like *this is ????, it sucks, not an mmo, etc blah blah clearly havnt played the game past the loading screen to actually provide any reason or proof for their troll reviews.
Was this review helpful?
This is a great game. It has a diverse skill system that eventually makes the entire game classless. You level up your skills individually, making for a very specialized character suited to your style of play. The world is very much alive with the local fauna attacking prey, tribes patrolling the world and attacking enemies, and even the plants will attack back if provoked. The community is also very friendly and helpful, and will answer most questions. Do not be afraid to ask. :) Also, don't complain about the graphics, the game is from 2004. Steam's release date is the date when it was released on steam, not when the game was made. (Reviews complaining about graphics and giving it a down vote because of that, I'm looking at you.)
Was this review helpful?
4 people found this review funny
If you have enough from your standard MMORPGs with Elves and Dwarves and Dragons and whatnot then you might want to give Ryzom a chance!Atys, the world the game is set in is quite unique - the planet is basically one huge, living plant, inhabited by a wide variety of creatures. The characters aren't bound to classes, you can learn whatever you want, as long as you spend the time to level it up. The crafting system is quite complex - the economy is 100% player based, whatever you use will be made by other players or yourself, except for some basic starter equippment.The ability-system is also noteworthy. You get to build your own attacks and spells too in a way: They are made out of elements you can swap and adapt everything to your playing style. For example you can raise the time it takes to cast a spell and in exchange make it cause more damage.The community is by far the best I've come across in any MMORPG. The playerbase is mostly mature, friendly and ready to help newcomers. The way the economy runs teamwork is a must if you want to get your hands on really good equippment. Some of the places you get your resources from are pretty dangerous and should not be travelled alone... That being said - yes, there is PvP in certain areas and guilds can fight for outposts, but it's your choice to join or not.What else... NO CASH SHOP!The only thing you *can* buy is a monthly subscription. The game is free to play up to lvl 125 - more than enough to see whether you like it or not - and with the subscription the lvl cap is 250. Also subscribers can rent an apartment in one of the cities PLUS they can own pack-animals - the only way to get more storage ingame.So - go ahead, give it a try!
Was this review helpful?
Ryzom is truly one of a kind, from the amazing community and open game play to the beautiful world and critters that run around on it. I started playing when Ryzom was released on the Apple store about five years ago, it sucked me in in ways no other game has before. You can really dive in and feel like you are a true part of the game, your ideas can shape and create new features, factions and lore. The possibilities are endless!Ryzom does have a learning curve, it can be complicated for new players - but don't give up. Soon everything will start making sense and you will be a master in no time...if you do run into trouble use the &universe& chat and one of the amazing homins or CSRs will help you find your way.Tips for new players:1) Research the factions - especially before joining a guild. Your faction (Kami, Karavan, Ranger, Marauder or neutral) will have a huge impact on your game play. It is very important to decide how you want to play and who you want to be on Atys. There are many players who will help you with weapons and gear without the requirement of you joining their guild. If you feel pressured or rushed, something is not right! 2)The forums are a huge source of information. You will find the lore, guild registries, reports from regional/factional meetings, ideas for Ryzom, occupation help and recipes. They can be a very crucial element for learning your way around (but they can be easily forgotten).3) Don't be afraid to ask for help. As I mentioned before Ryzom has a truly unique community full of amazing helpful homins. We just want you to enjoy Atys and will offer help whenever we can. Congratulations Ryzom for making it to Steam! I can't wait to meet some of you new players!
Was this review helpful?
I am really enjoying this game. The players are very friendly and helpful. The wild life range from cute and inquisitive to mean and vicious. People maybe complaining about the graphics but I think the world is very pleasant looking and detailed. I have seen only a very small part of the world so far, but like what I have seen. For me it is also great that PVP has to be consensual. This adds to a feeling of community in the world and you are not ganked everytime you step foot out side of a city or town (although there are predators there to catch the unwary).While the free to play does have some limitations, regarding level caps and some storage features, it really does allow you to get a real feel for the game before you decide if you want to subscribe or if you are happy to continue to play for free. So far I am over half way to the 125 level cap of 1 skill (only because of exstensive support and help from my guild), but there are many, many more that I am really only just starting to develop and understand.This games is definitely worth playing.
Was this review helpful?
7 people found this review funny
I enjoy the game... but this isn't free to play. Free to play is when all goals can be reached without paying, but not all roads to those goals are accessible unless you pay. Here we have all the key goals limited to subscribers only. This is pure free to try aka a free trial.IMO what this game needs is a buy to play option. Some 20-40$ single purchace that would unlock max level and maybe partially lift some of the other limitations.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
The NGE or New Game Experience for new players in this game is absolutely terrible and is the reason for all of the negative reviews.
The fact remains that this game isn't easy to get into and isn't easy to learn.
The developers have refused to convert this game into a cash shop based free to play model and so it's still a freemium model.
These are the two main reasons for the negative reviews, other then people complaining the graphics are out-dated. (they are 10 years old so ya...)Freemium means there are two tiers, a free tier and a premium tier, since this game isn't pvp focused at all being restricted as a free user means absolutely nothing.
This game can be played free forever and a lot of users who play this game have never subscribed.I honestly never expect this game to ever get a high review score purely because the majority of the users don't use steam nor will they, so the only people posting reviews here are steam users exclusively and since this game has a steep learning curve and the newbie island essentially hasn't changed in years all new players will get a stagnated experience...After actually giving this game enough time to really see what the game is all about though I can say that the depth of it is impressive and I've been playing mmo's since they were text only (muds mushes and moo's oh my), so not that much impresses me anymore.I'd actually go as far as to say that this game has actually done a lot to steer away what most modern mmo's try to do, which is to endlessly dumb down their gameplay (coughWOWcough) until anyone with half a brain can play their game.
If you are truly looking for something refreshing then you need to really give a good long hard look at this game, and please give it a chance, don't spend 5-10 hours on it and quit because you will still be confused after 5-10 hours.Just wanted to add something as well since there does seem to be a LOT of misinformation about it, this game is 100% open source, google Ryzom open source and check yourself.
Now to those attempting to state that the current devs are 'riding high on their money train' you really need to do more research on this game...as stated this game is 100% open source so you can download the code and run your own server.Seriously...the current server administrators of Ryzom don't want your money, they want you to try out this unique experience that they've saved from disappearing into obscurity and I honestly beleive they've done a damn good job at it, I doubt it was an easy task to get an open source mmo on steam...
Was this review helpful?
Great game if you can handle not being babysitted. The tutorial was more difficult than end bosses in regular games. If you're looking for a challenge you've come to the right place. -THE GAME IS F2P- There was a mistake with the wording of the announcement that has been corrected. They have mentioned this more than once I believe... Reminds me a little of Morrowind. Graphics are great! like a fairytale world come to life. Lots of crafting.
Was this review helpful?
This is the first review I have ever written on Stream, but I decided that I needed to for Ryzom mainly because of the bad reviews that I was reading.
They all seen to fall into 2 main groups: That is it older game (with older graphics) and that is it not a true F2P game. So the first issue, the graphics, let my just say so far what I have seen of the game I have been impressed with. The day-night changes, The season changes, the sun rising and sun setting. At one point in the game (on the starting island) I just stopped and watched the sun set because the way the red to purples mixed with the sky was so well done. It might not be that most upto date game out there, but if you really look, damn does it have some beautliful detail work to it. And now on the F2P, most people are wining about the lvl caps at 125, etc. because they will not beable to 'max' their toon out on a F2P account.
But not a single one of them is taking in the amount of time it will take to even get to lvl 125.
By the time anyone gets any of their skills even close to lvl 125, they will have a VERY good idea if this is the game for them. To me that is a HELL of a lot better deal then any other F2P game out there that is nothing but a F2W in truth. No real content is blocked, you are free to play just about anywhere you want (The only place that is blocked F2P is the top end area which you would not want to be in anyway). The is no time limit like with 21 day trails or anything like that, and you can completely play at you own pace to lvl your skills in whatever why you want. Honestly, I wish more MMOs were like this so that I had a real chance to try them out before deciding if they deserved any of my money later on and with a sub fee of only $10 if I do make it passed lvl 125, I have a very strong feeling that Ryzom will be deserving of that money.
Was this review helpful?
Ignore my hours played, I've been playing Ryzom since 2012. I can't recommend this game enough, but I wouldn't say it's for everyone. If you're looking for a straightforward carrot on a stick type game then this isn't for you. This is a sandbox game. It's for people who want a creative and challenging experience that requires you to think for yourself and encourages collaboration with other players. The community here is amazingly friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The graphics might look a bit dated compared to some other games, but I am still in awe at the unique beauty and originality of this world. I love the interactions between carnivores and herbivores, and the animals themselves seem to have personality. Some herbivores will take an interest and follow you for a while, and some will actually pull aggro towards you to take it off themselves. Herds migrate with the seasons and there is a lot to learn about their different behaviours and traits. Some creatures resist certain attacks and some will swarm you if you attack a member of their group. You learn through experience which are dangerous and which are not, and which strategies to use for hunting different creatures. The wildlife can be ruthless and even an experienced player has to watch their step. I see some reviews from people who have only played for a few minutes or a few hours and didn't like it. Ryzom has a bit of a learning curve and you really won't understand much if you just dip your toes in and judge it by your first impressions. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye, and I highly recommend giving it a chance. There is a complex crafting system and a huge number of skills to train. You don't have to commit to a class and can change roles in a team on a whim. Harvesting and crafting are complex activities requiring thought and planning. You can customize all your actions to make the most of your skills, rather than just pushing premade buttons. The game is free to play for half of all levels. That's 125 out of 250 levels, for every skill in the tree. That is a LOT of gameplay with very few restrictions and is nothing to complain about. There is no &pay to win& system where you buy stuff that gives you an advantage over other players. When I first started I played for about six months for free and was quite happy, so decided to subscribe not because I felt restricted but because I was enjoying the game and wanted to support it.
The subscription costs less than going to see a movie each month and personally I get a lot more out of this. Ryzom takes time to learn, and you shouldn't expect it to be like other games you've played. Talk to any experienced player and you will see that the game itself is like a beloved friend to them. It is well worth getting to know :)
Was this review helpful?
Great classic mmo that many modern mmos should learn from. I love that this isn't a typical mmorpg with the usual grind. Plus it's free up to level 125 which is heaps of time to figure out if the game is worth a subscription or not.
Was this review helpful?
Amazing game with a great community and lots to do! Everything you loved about mmorpgs before WoW made an industry standard to dumb them down and make them more linear. It's free to try out so give it a shot!
Was this review helpful?
Well, i picked up this game earlier and played it for a while. I must say if you don't count the outdated graphic and the slight ly complicated systems which are hard to understand at first, you may enjoy it. For me, well, i must bloody say it's not my type of games. I just don't feel like it's the game that i want to play for over a thousand hours of gameplay or so. Well, if you like it, please give it a good review. Overall, it deserves it.
Was this review helpful?
Very fun game. Even the Free2Play characters have a ton to do , the only restriction they have is some Inventory space and the fact that they can only reach 125 in all the skills.That being said, I've never met someone who actually got all his skills up to 125.There are also many Events troughout the year (also player made events).
Was this review helpful?
I first encountered this game back in
and recall having a great time then.Due to distractions from other MMO's I drifted away from the game and never returned.....Back then my initial thoughts were &what the hell ? This is different&My eyes lit up when I saw that Steam were releasing it and again my initial thoughts on this Steam release were the same as they were back then... &what the hell? This is different&....I have seen some rather harsh reviews from people that have played less than an hour in the game, trust me you wont have even scratched the surface of this immensly deep game in such a short playtime....There has been some inevitable client and server bugs screwing up some log ins and character creations and to the best of my knowledge have either been dealt with or are being fixed as we speak...the dev team are responding rapidly to the reports so just hold on and be patient much like any other MMO release there are are always some &stress load& &server& issues that get ironed out quickly....The starter island is the same as it was back in the day and is suited to teach the core elements and strategy of the game until the player is comfortable to leave and start in the main world.Graphics dated?...of course but anyone that is a veteran of gaming will know that graphics whilst being nice are not absolutely essential to a great game
yes , critical? noEverquest1 was never ever cited for its graphical content but is still rated amongst veterans as being one of the best MMO to date.UI cluttered? ... the UI is in my opinion actually rather comprehensive and you need only have at the forefront the layout that you require.Too be honest the UI is so customisable I think it is rather harsh to pull this as a point of critique.Movement jerky and combat clumsy? ... sorry i just do not get that feeling at all. I lost the &buzz& from fancy combat moves with every keypress many years ago and always like a minimalist set of combat graphical actions especially when you encounter many mobs.The levelling up of skills, professions, stats and combat repertoire is where this game differs greatly from the regular MMO.I cannot do the game critical justice in attempting to describe it but instead suggest that you actually try this yourself.It is unlike anything else out there.incredibly customisable and you can have a vast array of roles for different situations.Previously I recall getting to combat/magic/crafting skills of around 100 and after starting the game afresh on Steam i must admit this is one hell of an enjoyable journey again.....This game is FREE for now so what is the harm in giving this game a go and see how you get on...You will need to give it at least a couple of hours before you start to sense how deep this game can be.This game should really be in the MMO &Hall of fame& for it was truly one of the original Sandbox games.It is undoubtably unique and if you really do need to be handheld through each and every step of MMO character progression then this game is perhaps not for you...However if you really do have the ability to think and create &outside of the box& and have no aversion to Sci-fi setting then I urge you to download this game and get character creating !Thank you all that are involved in this rerelease ... I am enjoying this !
Was this review helpful?
Ryzom runs smoothly on my i5 laptop without dedicated graphics on linux! Thats great and also important for me!It offers a unique concept to customize your own skills to fit your own playstyle.There are no &classes& and its restrictions. You are free to develop your own...The community is very helpful and the game masters are online to help you with your first steps.Actually I don't know if the f2p restriction will punish me...-)Have fun and try it out!
Was this review helpful?
The game is old no doubt but that has no bearing on the relevance and general enjoyability of the mmo.
The game has a freedom not typically seen in any other mmo, sandbox or not.
You can do what you want when you want.
This inevitably leads to a high learning curve but the community is extremely helpful. any question you have already has an answer and you will get that answer almost immediately.
Yes, the game does have a paid component for housing and skills above 125 but that is not an issue.
With 63 seperate skill branches it will be a longtime before you earn all 7875 of those skills, years in fact. So you will always have something to do including being self sufficient. playing in a party or &teams& is reccomended but you can do just as fine solo.
62/63 skill branches can be leveled alone with the healer skill branch being the only exceptionThe game is not without its flaws however, as stated earlier there is a huge learning curve.
Even experienced players will admit to still learning things after 3 or 4 years of playtime.
as a free player you are limited to one mount and your regular backpack for storage, these can fill up fast as you play and progress down the skilltree.
Mob aggro range is pretty far.
you might sight aggro one mob and that one mob would chase you to the ends of Atys before it finally disengages.
Also for me the largest flaw, the monsters are just butt ugly.Its a great game, difficult in the early game but with a good guild for constant free help in the form of gears and experience catalyzers (2x exp coupons for F2P) as well as 3 different chat areas for help (Region, Universal, Language specific universal) sticking with the game will be more than worth it.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 saga of ryzom 的文章

随机推荐