2013 Ford Escape Review: Car Reviews
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above:
Enter the numbers you hear:
2013 Ford Escape Review – Video
Share this Article
Photos by Ford
If it ain’t broke, replace it. That, at least, seems to be the motto at
when it comes to the brand’s Escape compact crossover.
FAST FACTS
1. Three engines are on offer: a 168 hp 2.5L, a 178 hp 1.6L EcoBoost and a 240 hp 2.0L EcoBoost.
2. Fuel economy for those three engines is: 22/31, 24/33 and 22/30 mpg (for front-wheel drive).
3. The 2013 Escape starts at $23,295 and tops out at $31,195 (including $825 for delivery).
4. An available hands-free liftgate is a segment first.
Truthfully, the
was not without its flaws, many of which were simply the result of it being an old product. And yet people flocked to Ford dealers to trade in whatever they could in order to buy an Escape. What, then, made the truck-styled cute-ute a top choice for so many consumers? And yes, we did just answer our own question. Its looks, of course.
It’s shocking then, at least at first, that Ford would move away from the rugged, masculine and quintessentially American design in favor of a look that’s sleek, stylish and downright European. The reasons for the dramatic change are many and include everything from Ford’s new design philosophy to a larger plan to build cars globally. Boxy compact crossovers might work in America, but as far as Europeans are concerned, Ford might as well try and sell them a Crown Victoria.
to see this player.
COMPACT STYLE, BUT MORE SPACE
With its sleek new style the Escape may now look more compact than its predecessor, though it’s actually larger, stretching four-inches more in length, with a two-inch longer wheelbase and an extra inch in width.& It is, however, roughly in inch lower overall and loses a half-inch of ground clearance.
Interior room is up slightly, particularly in the rear seat, with one extra inch of legroom. Likewise, cargo room has been increased slightly to 34 cu-ft behind the 2nd row and 68 cu-ft total.
With the added size also comes added weight – a surprise considering most other automakers are shedding pounds in an effort to improve fuel economy. Overall, the 2013 Escape is in excess of 100 lbs heavier than its predecessor, or even more if you’re comparing it to the base 2012 model with the manual transmission – an option Ford axed for 2013 with the automatic now standard.
Regardless of the weight gain, fuel economy has been improved significantly, due both to engine technology as well as a shape that’s 10 percent more aerodynamic than the old brick-on-wheels design.
THREE FUEL-EFFICIENT ENGINE OPTIONS
The base 2.5-liter four-cylinder, about the only carry over item from the old Escape, is now rated at 22/31 mpg, up 1 mpg in the city and 3 mpg on the highway. (All mpg ratings are for front-drive models). Power numbers are down, but only minutely.
Replacing the V6 option for 2013 is an EcoBoost 2.0-liter 4-cylinder making use of both turbocharging and direct injection. It’s rated at 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque (an increase of 47 lb-ft), while fuel economy jumps 3 mpg in the city and an impressive 5 mpg on the highway.
A third powertrain option is also available, though it’s not a hybrid. Ford has dropped the Escape hybrid option for 2013, opting instead to offer gas-electric version of the upcoming . Part of a larger eco car plan, Ford is certain to regret this decision as the Escape Hybrid was a popular option and not having it will allow another automaker to move in and fill that model’s place.
Instead, the “hybrid replacement” is an EcoBoost 1.6-liter engine rated at a lofty 24 mpg city and 33 mpg highway. Ford says that’s best-in-class, but the
achieves 26/32 mpg with an automatic transmission, or 26/35 with a manual.
Another bit of marketing spin you’re likely to hear from Ford is that the 33 mpg highway rating makes the Escape 1.6-liter even more fuel efficient than the outgoing Hybrid. That’s stretching the truth, however, as the 24 mpg city rating is nowhere near close to the 34 mpg rating of the 2012 Escape Hybrid.
Power for the 1.6 is, however, much improved over the Hybrid model, with 178 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. While Ford does say only 87 octane is required, those numbers come when using premium. Power numbers for 87 octane haven’t been released, but they’re certain to be a little lower.
A few ponies here or there isn’t about to make a big difference either way, and the 1.6-liter EcoBoost motor should deliver perfectly acceptable driving performance. We’d like to verify that, but Ford had a shortage of 1.6-liters on hand to test and so we spent the day behind the wheel of a 2.0-liter.
It proved more than adequate, especially as it’s only available in the top trim Titanium model, with every conceivable feature including big 19-inch wheels.
A JOY TO DRIVE
The drive itself is excellent, as we’d expect from a crossover based on the fun Focus. It’s more enjoyable than it needs to be (always a bonus), reacting fast with a direct electric power steering system.
At highway speeds when the road deteriorated somewhat we did notice that the rear of the Escape seemed to slap around some. We’d suggest the culprit is a stiffly sprung suspension, which in turn is what helps make the Escape so enjoyable to drive. Again, with the larger 19-inch wheels and low profile 235/45/19 tires, much of that feel should be appropriately dampened with the 17s and higher-profile 235/55/17 tires.
Helping to make the 2013 Escape a more enjoyable drive, as well as a safer one, are two new technologies that Ford seems to be rolling out across its model lineup. Called Torque Vectoring Control and Curve Control, the former acts to slow the inside wheels in a corner using the car’s stability control and braking system, while the latter actually uses the brakes at each corner to subtlely slow the car by as much as 10 mph if you enter a curve too quickly. Likely to be imperceptible to most drivers, the result is a more enjoyable and safer drive.
ADDED TECH, PLUS A HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE
Those are just a few of the many class-exclusive features in the 2013 Escape, with others including Active Park Assist (which will parallel park the car for you), a blind spot monitoring system, front and rear park assist warnings, a cross traffic alert system that will notify you if an object is approaching as you reverse and even a hands free rear liftgate – watch the video above for a demonstration on how it works.
Inside, the cabin is very much a familiar feel to the Focus, with the high-tech
screen one of the coolest looking telematics systems on the market. With plenty of criticism of the early versions of MyFord Touch, Ford has since improved it, simplifying the screens and hiding some of the fancier options. Another notable addition is access , where you can download audio books.
Despite complaints, we’ve never had an issue understanding MyFord Touch, although many of the touch icons on the screen are still far too small.
With all these improvements and updates pricing for the 2013 Escape has jumped over its predecessor with the base crossover up roughly $1,000 to $23,295. SE models will start at $25,895 with the SEL at $28,695 and the top-trim Titanium at $31,195. (All prices include $825 for delivery).
THE VERDICT
After moving a quarter-million Escapes last year, Ford probably could have dragged the old box out for another generation. But the push is on to recreate the Blue Oval brand and the old look, along with a platform donated by the now-ancient Mazda 626, is a more than acceptable casualty of Ford’s global product plans.
It’s not as though the trade-off is one-sided either, with a new design that, despite being different, is undeniably handsome. The 2013 Escape also delivers a vastly improved driving experience, more fuel-efficient engines, plenty of technology and some amazing new features. It’s even able to maintain many of the more truck-like features, keeping a 3,500-lb tow rating (on the larger engine), while delivering more passenger and cargo room.
For the most part Ford’s global gamble is certain to pay off, though it’s not hard to see some Escape loyalists jumping to the still boxy GMC Terrain. Ford’s smaller gamble, that of axing the Escape Hybrid, however, is sure leave many customers feeling jilted.
With the lack of a hybrid, Ford has also given up any claim to best-in-class fuel economy – regardless of any marketing spin you might hear. The new Escape is impressive, but it’s also packed with asterisks, so take it for a test drive but be sure to read the fine print.
Sleek new look
Engine selection
Great handling crossover
Plenty of optional features
No more hybrid
MyFord Touch still needs some work
Ride quality a bit rough on 19s
Related Reading
Releated Reading
After spending a few years in other markets, the Chevrolet Trax is finally coming to America.
Pickup Truck Wars
There was a time when pickup trucks weren’t expected to do anything but backbreaking work. Some people think of those as “the good old days,” but I respectfully&
The Future We Aren’t Ready For
You’re never supposed to judge a book by its cover, but whoever came up with that adage obviously never saw a bound version of the U.S. tax code.&
The Evoque is a smaller, lighter Range Rover. It’s a city-friendly crossover with some off-road capability and a suitably opulent cabin, though it’s not without its faults.
Get < in your Inbox
Your browser is out of date! Update your browser for free for improved security and a modern web browsing experience:to add this game to your wishlist or mark as not interested
Buy Escape Goat
&#36;4.99 USD
Recommended By Curators
"A puzzle platformer that isn't necessarily long, but it is charming though. And one of the many reasons people need to play it."
Read the full review .
“Escape Goat does a bang-up job of providing those all-important &a-ha!& moments of satisfaction, when you solve a puzzle, or get the timing of some jumps just right, and manage finally to complete an area. That's what keeps you playing right through to the end.”
8/10 –
“… incredibly fun puzzle platformer with a rockin’ soundtrack.”
“With the ability to tackle levels at your own pace, and some masterfully-tuned difficulty, we can guarantee that you’ve never played a better goat-centric game.”
Steam Greenlight
About This Game
Escape Goat is a puzzle platformer where you take control of a goat, who has been imprisoned for witchcraft, and overcome traps and obstacles to escape the Prison of Agnus. Fear not, for with your supreme agility, sturdy horns, and the help of a magic mouse friend, you can turn the tables on foes and use the environment to your advantage.
Ten unique zones to conquer. Can you reach and rescue the friendly sheep in each?
Tackle over 50 rooms of puzzles. Find hidden machinery and destructible elements to transform them and reach the exit!
Built-in, fully featured level editor. Create, modify and share entire game worlds.
Escape Goat reigned for 20 months at the #1 spot on the
leaderboard (November 2011-July 2013)!
The sheep are slumbering... can you awaken them all?
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 100 MB available space
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ support (2.1 with ARB extensions acceptable)
Hard Drive: 100 MB available space
Minimum:
OS: glibc 2.15+, 32/64-bit. S3TC support is NOT required.
Processor: Dual core CPU
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ support (2.1 with ARB extensions acceptable)
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
2.3 hrs on record
I like to think of Escape Goat as &the little game that could&. Launching first on the highly flawed and crowed Xbox Indie Game Market, it garnered a cult following that pushed it ahead of the seemingly endless shovelware that littered the platform, eventually making its way to Steam and even getting a sequel. Despite the acclaim, I've been sitting on the sidelines, still unconvinced by the unimpressive graphics and seemingly basic design. As is often the case though, my first impressions couldn't have been further from the truth, as Escape Goat more than lives up to its well deserved reputation.Locked in a dungeon, you play as a magical goat with a magical mouse friend, on a journey to escape and bring with you the magical sheep who have been trapped for an eternity for crimes of witchcraft. To get to these sheep however you must first solve a series of puzzle rooms, the contents of which can be anything from harmless blocks to fire casting Reapers. Because of its nonlinear structure, there isn't any way for your abilities to grow overtime or otherwise have the game expand and evolve the further you get, but far from being a handicap the developer uses this potential limitation to craft remarkably consistent levels. There's no gradual rise in difficulty or sharp spikes later on, but instead a constant stream of challenging but not frustrating level designs that feel incredibly satisfying to complete.You may only have less than a handful of moves and abilities, but the ways these can be applied to levels continues to broaden as different areas showcase various applications of them that never would have occurred to me to even try. It's this continual progression of what you think you can do without actually changing anything about your character that makes Escape Goat such a clever game to play. It rewards your own ingenuity without resorting to simply giving you a new mechanic to work with. If you have yet to partake in the escape of Argus with your magical mouse friend, I'd advise you to delay no longer. Developer Magical Time Bean's Escape Goat is a truly impressive achievement and a joyous game to play, who's biggest flaw is it ends so soon (though perhaps it's for the best, as it completely negates the chance for filler). Despite its dated look it manages to feel fresh and innovative the whole way through, and you'd be fool to do as I did and wait so long to give it a chance.
Was this review helpful?
1.9 hrs on record
The Rat with the Hat helps the Goat cross a Moat where they save a Sheep who is Asleep and escape a castle that I can't rhyme with anything.
Was this review helpful?
2.2 hrs on record
Imagine if Rube Goldberg sort of hated goats.
Was this review helpful?
3.3 hrs on record
I enjoyed the game well enough. The graphics and sound are a fitting, pretty standard retro style, and the game mechanics are well-designed.Though it’s probably best characterized as a puzzle platformer, I found Escape Goat’s puzzling aspects to be pretty tame. In all but the last group of rooms, each puzzle tended to have a pretty obvious/straightforward solution. Let’s just say that if we were to build a difficulty scale for these types of games, Fire N’ Ice might be near the top, while this game would come close to defining the bottom end. Of course, it’s still a fun game, so I won’t concern myself too much with that.Verdict: It’s worth playing, but I probably won’t go back for the speedrun achievement (I hate speedruns in puzzle games), nor do I feel compelled to do the extra challenge levels that unlocked after the end of the game.
Was this review helpful?
7.2 hrs on record
Better than Goat Simulator.
Was this review helpful?
17.2 hrs on record
Great puzzle-platformer game with some not so hidden message about the sheep and their keeper(s).There are already a lot of longer reviews here, its just another &thumbs up& from me cuz I really enjoyed it.
Was this review helpful?
5.3 hrs on record
This game was a lot of fun! I defintiely recommend this game to people who like 2D platformers - the gameplay was interesting enough to keep me immersed and the difficulty was just right. I loved that you were a goat rescuing sheep, and I found that the achievements were fun to get and didn't take painfully long after I had completed the game.The soundtrack for this game was also surprisingly good, I didn't find myself muting everything like I always do after playing 30 minutes in. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who likes platformers, and enjoys playing good games!
Was this review helpful?
3.1 hrs on record
A clever little puzzle platformer, Escape Goat has you controlling a magic purple goat (and indirectly, a friendly mouse) through 65 different rooms full of moving platforms, switches, traps, and fireball shooting reapers.
The puzzles aren't too hard but do require trial and error since there's no way to be sure what a switch will do until you press it.
Music's nice and catchy as well.
All in all, a decent pickup.
Was this review helpful?
5.5 hrs on record
This was actually one of my favorite platformers for awhile. I liked the pixel style to the game, the controls felt fluent, and overall, there was just something to its simplistic charm. Not to mention, I spent so much time in the editor making evil traps and such. I think that was my favorite part more than anything. So you like what I just mentioned, get this game! Or if you aren't a fan of the style, then get its sequel.
Was this review helpful?
5.3 hrs on record
I purchased this game as part of some bundle.
I'm sure it cost about $.20 when it was all said and done.
I genuinely have enjoyed playing the game.
It is a 8-bit graphics puzzle/platformer with some neat game mechanics.
I'd say if you like super meat boy, Bit-Trip runner, etc. - this game is a good pick up for some fun.
It's not too difficult - and not too long either.
All in all - definitely worth a buck.
Or in my case, twenty cents.
Was this review helpful?
4.5 hrs on record
Oh, yes. A solidly built, utterly captivating 2D platformer.It's not &8-bit& for the sake of it, it doesn't satirise or parody old platformers (Well, perhaps the &Excuse Plot& does a little), it just does it's job well. The controls are perfectly balanced, the graphics and sound are just right and the game doesn't outstay it's welcome. If you do manage to finish it, you can unlock an extra ridiculously hard dungeon especially designed for people who love a challenge.Now for the sequel....
Was this review helpful?
6.0 hrs on record
Great puzzle platformer.
Level difficulties range from easy to stupidly brutal, specifically referring to the extra levels.
You can beat the main game in just 3-4 hours and I don't think there's a whole lot of replayability, so I'm not sure if it's worth the full $5 but it's a great value in any of the many bundles it's featured in.
Was this review helpful?
3.0 hrs on record
I had this game gifted to me one day in the hopes I would find some enjoyment out of it. I loved it, It's the perfect blend of puzzles, platforming and Animals that like to chew! Really tricky in some spots, Moving on to number 2 soon.
Was this review helpful?
14.8 hrs on record
Very excellent 2d platform puzzler.Awesome music. Great mood-setting pixel graphics. Great levels. This probably my top recommended game. I think it's probably more enjoyable than the sequel.Try the official free online demo Do it now
Was this review helpful?
7.3 hrs on record
More like No-air-friction Goat
Was this review helpful?
3.2 hrs on record
This is a fun puzzle game, that i think everyone would enjoy! The controlls are simple, the game is addicting and often rage inducing.
Was this review helpful?
4.0 hrs on record
2D action-puzzle platformer. Difficult, but fair. Solid mechanics and nice retro presentation. Fairly short. Has a light story, but the idea of solving puzzles to escape deathtrap dungeon is fairly obvious without any exposition. I had fun.
Was this review helpful?
6.1 hrs on record
Stay true to the videogame ! Trow out of the window your assassin's s**t copy and buy one hundred copies of Escape Goat. You'll feel so much better !
Was this review helpful?
3.4 hrs on record
It's Meeh-eeh-eeh!It's good goat fun!10/10
Was this review helpful?
4.2 hrs on record
like a game of puzzle with Solomon's keys NES very fun and to pass the time playing although short, I highly recommend it :D~
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Languages:
Full audio
Includes 16 Steam Achievements
Title: Escape Goat
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 14 Jun, 2012
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &

我要回帖

更多关于 girl escape攻略 的文章

随机推荐