escape the roomgirly room怎么过

万圣节专题
热门动漫游戏
····································
·················
游戏推荐:2012年翻译资格考试口译阅读练习题精选10
发表时间:日10:53:6
点击关注微信:
【导读】为了帮助考生复习,更好的掌握的重点内容,小编整理了,希望对您此次参加考试有所帮助!
&Four generations under one roof
The ground floor is home to a family of four & Richard Evans, 43, his partner, Emma Jones, 38, and their two daughters. It&s a stylish open-plan living space with a bathroom squeezed under the stairs. Richard&s mother, Annie Elliott Evans, 68, lives upstairs, with a glorious, sugar-pink kitchen that soars high into the eaves and a large, elegant bedroom & &My escape.& Her mother, Elsie Tipper, 92, has a bedroom and bathroom of her own on the first floor, crammed with great-grandmotherly knick-knacks, and with a stairlift to transport her up.
In many countries, this kind of close familial living is common place. But in the UK, where the number of single households continues to rise & and older people are increasingly shipped off to care homes & it&s unusual. How did it come about?
&It was Richard&s idea,& says Annie, who had lived in the large family home nearby for 30 years, bringing up her four children. &He feels he should look after me. I was used to being in a large, lively household and didn&t really want that to change. And he wanted a nice family home in this area but couldn&t afford it. So we teamed up.&
Richard, Emma and Annie bought the house, in north London, 10 years ago. &It was a bargain,& Annie says. &It had lots of small, poky rooms.& Richard knocked through the kitchen on the ground floor, extending it sideways and into the garden. The resulting space has an Aga, flagstone flooring, wallpapers from Cole & Son, vintage furniture upholstered in Missoni Home fabrics, a giant fish tank, quirky vintage ephemera and arty photographs. Richard and Emma have a moody, Isabella, nine, and Boadecia (Bo), eight, share a girly room with bunk beds. &It&s immaculate downstairs,& Annie says. &All the girls& drawings and paintings end up in my kitchen.&
Isabella arrived soon after they moved in. And six years ago Annie moved Elsie from her sheltered accommodation in Norfolk when she fell ill. &We thought that was it,& Annie says. &Now she&s so well looked after, she&ll probably get a telegram from the Queen.&
Annie spends a lot of time with her granddaughters, picking them up from school most days. The arrange ment works well for Emma, who travels a lot for her work as a fashion buyer. &As I&ve grown older and had children, I&ve realised how important the security and support of family is,& she says. &It might seem a strange setup to some, but it&s a very happy home. My daughters are growing up knowing how to share, and learning values that other children their age haven&t learned.&
&The setup saves all of us money,& Richard says. &And it&s a good way to live: Mum is a very hands-on grand mother, so we don&t have to worry about a nanny. But you need your own kitchen and bathroom. And it helps if you&re quite laid-back & I let a lot of things go by.& As sole man of the house, he is &taken for granted&, he says. &If there are any prob lems, it&s me who sorts them out.&
They all come and go between floors, but respect one another&s privacy. &We have separate domains,& Emma says. &I might grab some milk from Annie&s fridge if we run out, but I&d never go through her stuff or take visitors up there.&
What happens when she and Richard have a party? &We take Great-grandma&s hearing aid out.&
For Isabella and Bo, the best thing about their home & apart from Elsie&s stairlift, which their friends love to play on & is being surrounded by family. &Grandma is always at home for us,& says Bo, &and makes my favourite biscuits. Great-grandma taught me to knit and sew.&
&There is always someone to talk to and to help with homework,& Isabella says. &When I was little, I didn&t think I&d live with so many differently aged people & not many of my friends do. But I would like my own room one day. Oh, and when you get told off, you can get told off by everyone, which is annoying.&
Will the family always live like this? &We will probably need more space in the next few years,& Emma says. &But when the crunch comes, we may not want to do it. Maybe we&ll all just move to a bigger house.&
词句笔记:
open-plan:房屋或办公室开敞式平面布置的
eaves:屋檐
upholstered:经过布置的
vintage:古老的,过时的,复古的
相关推荐:
更多关注:& &
(责任编辑:xy)
共2页,当前第1页&&&&&&

我要回帖

更多关于 escape the room 的文章

随机推荐